Author Topic: namedrop thread  (Read 32206 times)

ShyLow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
Re: namedrop thread
« Reply #330 on: November 19, 2020, 12:37:34 PM »
Walking my neighborhood yesterday and saw Nak and KB with a crew skating a spot a few blocks away. I think they were filming for IC4.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1100
« Reply #331 on: November 19, 2020, 12:44:48 PM »
I was in my 20s working at Whole Foods when the Emerica team rolled through, and I got stuck explaining to some very disappointed Spanish skaters who I didn't recognize why Whole Foods couldn't sell Nutella (preservatives). I think I was in a pretty bad mood because I just remember being super depressed that these guys were travelling the world in search of Nutella/Animal Chin, and I was going to go home to an apartment with five roommates and play Halo. I caught a glimpse of Reynolds, but this was before he went all Iron Man. I imagine he's at the Hollywood Whole Foods on a daily basis, now
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

BluffsideTank

• Rep: -14
« Reply #332 on: November 19, 2020, 02:17:58 PM »
Two SOTY finalists from the past decade live within a quarter of a mile of each other in a family member's quaint suburban community somewhere in LA County.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #333 on: November 19, 2020, 03:41:20 PM »
A friend of mine almost fought Baby Schizo at the hot chocolate tour over a bum sign or something (you see it when everybody’s bombing around in the beginning). Apparently MJ said it was cool or something. Arty called Schizo on the cordless at Coliseum and gave it to my friend to try and stoke up a slap fight or something.

Baby Schizo, Marc Johnson, Arty the Greek. Holy trinity

edit: OR SOMETHING

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #334 on: November 19, 2020, 05:12:29 PM »
I knew Curren Caples when he was a little skatepark kid at skatestreet. All the locals hated him because he thought he was better than you because he was sponsored by Termite. His dad gave off crazy skate coach vibes.

Jake Anderson got into a fight with my best friends brother when they were both like 10 years old.

Mike Anderson gave me an old krooked board of his once and was always super cool

I went to the premiere of Benny Magliano's skate video he made when he was like 18

I got swept in a game of SKATE in front of Guy Mariano at a demo right after Fully Flared came out

I saw Jesse Silvey at the Santa Barbara skatepark the other day

Rat Bastard

• Rep: -2
« Reply #335 on: November 19, 2020, 05:54:56 PM »
Skated with Hugo Boserup, Logan Lara, and Santi last time I was in LA. My cousin is good friends with them and we got a Garvanza sesh in before sundown. Hugo is a huge sweetheart

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 164
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #336 on: November 19, 2020, 09:50:43 PM »
One time I was skating "a" skate park and Brian Patch with Andy Roy came by and they told me that I was "doing good". They said they were waiting for 10/10 (whomever that is), DLoy and Chase Webby to come by and shred. I told them that they had just missed them and they left with Nyjah and Berra.

veritas

« Reply #337 on: November 20, 2020, 04:25:32 AM »
Went to get Shakeshack with my coworker one day and saw Nik Stain and John Wilson out filming on this manny pad

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #338 on: November 20, 2020, 05:02:08 AM »
A friend of mine almost fought Baby Schizo at the hot chocolate tour over a bum sign or something (you see it when everybody’s bombing around in the beginning). Apparently MJ said it was cool or something. Arty called Schizo on the cordless at Coliseum and gave it to my friend to try and stoke up a slap fight or something.

Nobody outside of wherever you’re writing this from  has ever heard of “baby schizo”. It has as much gravitas as me saying I once skated with Donny Bongo.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

crunchydank

• Rep: 9
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2020, 08:20:10 AM »
I watched two girls one cup with Shane O’Neil. Good times!

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #340 on: November 20, 2020, 08:36:18 AM »
Adidas team came down to Swansea twice, first time was just Alec Majerus and Blondey Mccoy. For Swansea it's nuts when pros come down and I think the last time anything as big as it was when eS came to Cwmdu park (I wasn't around to witness that event).

Alec absolutely killed the park and was a proper sound kid to hang out with. He got pretty drunk with us at this venue in Swansea and there exists two funny photos of him with all of us in said place. I do not remember the photos being taken ha. Blondey was pretty chill, but I don't really remember speaking with him much to be honest.

Will Harmon was down with them and got to chat with him after the demo, proper good egg.

2nd time was a bigger crew when they came down; Jake Donnelly, Jamal Smith, Silas, Neils Bennett, Chewy and Benny.

Jamal noticed my Sabo tee and we got talking about his music and Philly. All around good egg and it was a blast watching him skate mini, such a cool style. Jake was trying a fs flip over this concrete bollard out of a popped up drain and the ground kept stopping him unfortunately, gave him props after it and he was super chill.

Chewy and Benny are proper safe as well.

I wish Fred Gall happy birthday on Insta the other day when I was smashed and he replied ''thanks mate''. I found it pretty funny I sent him a message in all caps. I was proper pished as well and only found out when I saw his name on my message list haha.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #341 on: November 20, 2020, 03:12:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Nobody outside of wherever you’re writing this from  has ever heard of “baby schizo”. It has as much gravitas as me saying I once skated with Donny Bongo.

So you want me to pick the name back up and use it the next time I’m talking with anyone else(not you) that may have seen PJ Ladds Wonderful Horrible Life, was a fan of the world renowned Coliseum Skateshop or is maybe from New England or just an early 2000s east coast skater is what you’re saying?

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2020, 06:28:43 PM »
Ryan Wilburn was my cab driver one time.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #343 on: November 20, 2020, 06:43:18 PM »
Phelps came into my work, I shook his hand. he picks up a STR@YE shoe and says "these are fuckn shit huh" to the owner of the shop. I didn't hear my boss reply, i had to run into the backroom so he wouldn't see me die of laughter
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #344 on: November 20, 2020, 06:47:12 PM »
I cool-guyed neckface because I knew he would turn into some culture vulture and didn’t need him talking about me in thrasher.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2020, 06:53:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Adidas team came down to Swansea twice, first time was just Alec Majerus and Blondey Mccoy. For Swansea it's nuts when pros come down and I think the last time anything as big as it was when eS came to Cwmdu park (I wasn't around to witness that event).

Alec absolutely killed the park and was a proper sound kid to hang out with. He got pretty drunk with us at this venue in Swansea and there exists two funny photos of him with all of us in said place. I do not remember the photos being taken ha. Blondey was pretty chill, but I don't really remember speaking with him much to be honest.

Will Harmon was down with them and got to chat with him after the demo, proper good egg.

2nd time was a bigger crew when they came down; Jake Donnelly, Jamal Smith, Silas, Neils Bennett, Chewy and Benny.

Jamal noticed my Sabo tee and we got talking about his music and Philly. All around good egg and it was a blast watching him skate mini, such a cool style. Jake was trying a fs flip over this concrete bollard out of a popped up drain and the ground kept stopping him unfortunately, gave him props after it and he was super chill.

Chewy and Benny are proper safe as well.

I wish Fred Gall happy birthday on Insta the other day when I was smashed and he replied ''thanks mate''. I found it pretty funny I sent him a message in all caps. I was proper pished as well and only found out when I saw his name on my message list haha.
[close]

ello gov'na i am alec maherious biggest fan innit

Yes mate you got it right there, on the swede.

Except I'm not English.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Buck Bundy

• Rep: 38
« Reply #346 on: November 20, 2020, 07:29:36 PM »
When I was 14, I went to The PIT Skatepark to see a band play (Apocalypse Hoboken-good ole Chicago punk rock). The second the show was over this dirty, asshole, with a curly fro kept trying to run into kids as they were leaving the park. When we got to the car to leave, we find we have a flat. So we go back inside the park to see if we can find a phone (this was 1995 so no cell phones). As we are trying to get the owner to let us use the park phone, dirty fro cruises up and asks the two girls I was with what was going on. Now these ladies were not what you would call attractive. They were kinda gross, and apparently right up dirty fro’s alley. He hears our dilemma in needing to get a tire fixed, at midnight, in shitty ass Rockford IL. He looks at my friends and says “sounds like it’s blowjob time!” in a really sleazy tone. I started laughing at how awkward and gross it was. Years later I find out it was Pat Melcher and both of the girls ended up coming out.

maxi-pad

• Rep: 23
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #347 on: November 20, 2020, 08:57:50 PM »
Saw cody mac AKA TOOTHPICK GOD at torrey pines manny pads when I was like 13

Tried to say what’s up but he told my friends and I to fuck off cuz we were in the background of his clip

Suck a fat one cody mac

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #348 on: November 20, 2020, 09:29:11 PM »
I used to be on first name basis with Dgar. I remember talking to him about my trip to Mexico City like 8 years ago and about all the art there. Love the dude.

veritas

« Reply #349 on: November 21, 2020, 09:45:05 AM »
Phelps came into my work, I shook his hand. he picks up a STR@YE shoe and says "these are fuckn shit huh" to the owner of the shop. I didn't hear my boss reply, i had to run into the backroom so he wouldn't see me die of laughter

This is fantastic

humanflies

• Rep: 7
« Reply #350 on: November 21, 2020, 10:20:55 AM »
I encountered Rodrigo TX sipping beers with his brother at a quiet bar near my apartment in São Paulo last weekend. I said hello and that I'm from Australia and he started listing his favourite Aussie skaters, starting with Dustin Dollin as if there's no such thing as Shane O'Neil. I also saw Tiago Lemos rolling down the road one day, just commanding the street with the presence of an actual car.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #351 on: November 21, 2020, 10:24:38 AM »
Ed Templeton taught me how to do impossibles after a demo.

Might be the coolest thing I've ever heard. Respect to you and Ed

Gasstationgarry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #352 on: November 21, 2020, 10:42:43 AM »
embarrassed myself in front of Jake Johnson by fanning out.

roommate grew up with the Huntington vert jock kids.

navarette has sent me the occasional drunk text

my girlfriends dad is Todd Francis

I think that's all the namedrops I can think of.
blob:https://imgur.com/99a29482-a4b4-4bd4-935b-d63d9db0e647

Brguy

« Reply #353 on: November 21, 2020, 01:04:48 PM »
I encountered Rodrigo TX sipping beers with his brother at a quiet bar near my apartment in São Paulo last weekend. I said hello and that I'm from Australia and he started listing his favourite Aussie skaters, starting with Dustin Dollin as if there's no such thing as Shane O'Neil. I also saw Tiago Lemos rolling down the road one day, just commanding the street with the presence of an actual car.
Who cares about Shane O'Neil?

B. Hopper

• Rep: 3
« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2020, 02:34:18 PM »
Cab'd
44 years young. Skatin' since '80. Take yours slams, get up smiling, say #thankyouskateboarding, and get back up and do it again. Because FUN.

ColossalRaccoon

• Rep: 2
« Reply #355 on: November 21, 2020, 04:09:22 PM »
Used to film Silas Baxter-Neal back in 2007, around the time when he was getting on Adidas. Nice guy.

Drank beers with Leo Romero at Jon Miner’s house. His old band mate got naked in the living room and started dancing.

Used to skate the park in my town with Mike Rusczyk, amongst others. He’s a really cool dude, still see him around now and again. Mostly dad life now.

Skated around with a guy whose close homie is TNT. We talk sometimes, he watched me break my tibia.

Worked for Tony Evjenth when he was launching WLLM. RIP, he was the coolest guy. We used to go film around and he introduced me to Mike Anderson once.

Filmed and worked with Adam Crew on and off for 10 years or so. Used to go to his house and hangout.

John Cardiel laughed when I accidentally poured water on my camera.

Used to film a lot with Tony Manfre. The guy is a trip. He’s making music now and kills it.

Met Wes Kremer at Washington St. and was blown away when I told him where I was from, as he was headed there the next day. Saw him about a year later and he recognized me.

Brad Staba used to come grab beer from my last job, saw him in there once.

Said what’s up to Frank Gerwer on the street when he was walking his dog once.

Shane Heyl invited me into the Shake Junt booth at AGENDA once. He yelled GET SOME! Guy is a trip.

Fabrizio Santos asked me “how you been?” Upon first meeting him.

Had dinner at Salman Agah’s place when they were across the bridge from the berries.

Bonus: my friend blew smoke in Berra’s face once by accident and got the dirtiest look from him.

Spicy boi.

• Rep: 8
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #356 on: November 21, 2020, 05:03:16 PM »
Was on Na'kel's 9 club, got sent a signed sticker by sweet lou LOL, that's all I got.

yungshrimpshirm

• Rep: 0
« Reply #357 on: November 21, 2020, 05:56:50 PM »
Herm and Antwuan are both from my hometown so I see them on like a weekly basis either at the local shop or the park. Sometimes they show up together.
I learned how to Ollie from Braille

humanflies

• Rep: 7
« Reply #358 on: November 22, 2020, 06:09:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Who cares about Shane O'Neil?

I dunno. Brian Sumner or some shit