Author Topic: namedrop thread  (Read 32153 times)

Utopos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
Re: namedrop thread
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2019, 06:50:45 AM »
I was at the Bricks after Tampa Pro and offered to buy Shane O'Neil a beer. My dumb ass didn't realize that everyone who made the finals were drinking for free. He got me and my friend beers instead. Super nice guy.

SquintinTarantino

• Rep: 27
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2019, 07:03:58 AM »
Took a road trip to Philly with some friends in 2001 and ended up skating at Temple by ourselves. Midway through the session, Kerry Getz and 2 other dudes show up to skate and we all ended up skating together for like 45 minutes before we got the boot.  We had just arrived in Philly and he was the first pro i saw "out in the wild".  He did a crazy long nose manual on this winding ledge like it was no problem.  Saw him later skating at City Hall and it was packed w/ people skating, but he ended up saying what's up to me and my friends and talking for a second. 

During the same trip, we were skating at Love and Fred Gall came flying through the plaza and did a long ass noseblunt powerslide on the ground for like 10+ feet. It was fucking rad!  One of the best trips I ever took.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2019, 07:30:26 AM »
Chaz Ortiz stole my sharpie 4 years back

Quite possibly to draw a beard on himself?

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2019, 07:49:19 AM »
Built a chicken coop for Noam Chomsky.

HallowedGround6917

• Rep: -1
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2019, 09:16:16 AM »
My buddy in LA used to live in the same complex as Cyril so they kicked it pretty regularly. Went to visit and got to have a few beers with them at their apartment pool cool guy. Later we got back from the bars and were having a mellow late night and he just walked in and asked to borrow a lighter, came back 10 minutes later to return the lighter and brought a couple Shake Junt shirts. Next morning I was out on the balcony and the Skate Tank rolled up to pick him up and got a Beagle and T-Funk sighting.

Gave Gravette directions to the train in Denver
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 10:02:34 AM by HallowedGround6917 »

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2019, 09:22:24 AM »
I used to get boxes from this dude named Jose Cuervo, great guy but he can be a bad influence.

goo goo goo joob

• Rep: 40
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2019, 09:45:10 AM »
Ended up at the strip club with Ishod once

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2019, 09:46:47 AM »
I grew up in the same area as Jake Johnson, met him a couple years ago at this indoor like an hour away and have skated him him quite a few times since then. Dudes super nice and invited me to come skate his ramp once it's nice out.

Also back in like 2012 a little after hurricane sandy I was staying at my friends in New York, we went to this indoor in Long Island and that Franky Spears kid was there. He was super young and he came into the shop area screaming about how he got his 3rd iphone stolen from there, told the dude working to fuck off, stomped his board and took a dgk off the wall. It was pretty funny

papo

• Rep: -191
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2019, 09:50:11 AM »
I could rattle off a list but meeting Gonz at a backyard party is top. Needless to say, he didnt stay long because he was swarmed by other middle-aged skaters hahahah

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2019, 09:52:43 AM »
TK made me film him on his phone at the courthouse once like 2 years ago. It took him like 18 tries to wallie out of the fountain. I then proceeded to break my ankle 25 minutes later.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2019, 10:31:50 AM »
I grew up in the same area as Jake Johnson, met him a couple years ago at this indoor like an hour away and have skated him him quite a few times since then. Dudes super nice and invited me to come skate his ramp once it's nice out.

Also back in like 2012 a little after hurricane sandy I was staying at my friends in New York, we went to this indoor in Long Island and that Franky Spears kid was there. He was super young and he came into the shop area screaming about how he got his 3rd iphone stolen from there, told the dude working to fuck off, stomped his board and took a dgk off the wall. It was pretty funny

Similar story kinda. I saw Chet Childress at a party in denver a few years ago at a backyard bowl. He didnt really talk to anyone besides the dude who's house it was. they had some bands playing there and they cops came to shut it down and instead of stopping the music the band that was on stopped mid song and started playing cop killer instead.

OG Puffy Tongue

• Rep: 11
  • "Reynolds eats fruits"
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2019, 10:45:14 AM »
I was at the Bricks after Tampa Pro and offered to buy Shane O'Neil a beer. My dumb ass didn't realize that everyone who made the finals were drinking for free. He got me and my friend beers instead. Super nice guy.

I saw Shane O'Neil at a signing and brought up how sick that was that he had the ending clips in the friends section of Part and Parcel (Aussie Indie Video). His face lit up and he got super hyped that i had seen that homie video and we chatted for a while. Way nicer in person than I would have ever expected

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2019, 10:51:00 AM »
There was a time when Rodrigo TX would roll up to the same spots as me and my crew,super friendly guy that rips beyond belief. Sort of the same situation with Fabrizo Santos too,except he got all weird and started vibing me.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2019, 10:52:42 AM »
except he got all weird and started vibing me.

That's hot.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2019, 10:56:09 AM »
Josh Stewart gave me props on my video, and the antithesis, Jamie Thomas told me to make my videos shorter and don’t film my friends that aren’t fantastic at skating.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2019, 10:59:28 AM »
Louie Bartlett’s and Corey duffel have seen me do a couple tricks
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

slippy

• Rep: 84
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2019, 11:05:59 AM »
had 2011 Ipath team come to a party at my house.  Friend's computer was stolen and Matt Rodriguez found his friend, had him call the guy and bring it back.  Was insane, all those dudes were so cool
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 25
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2019, 11:08:24 AM »
Ended up at Hooters in downtown LA at the same time as Theotis Beasley.  Watched him from a distance, trying to not make eye contact while hiding behind my wings.

Let Guy Mariano use my phone to film Antonio Durao at LA High School for about an hour.  Every time I got a text message, he'd come over and let me know so that I could respond.  Thanks Guy!

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2019, 11:14:44 AM »

add it to the list

j Ca$anova follows me on insta
World Industries liked a photo!

One time I was helping Chewy hail a cab and proceeded to kick the doors of any cabs that didnt stop, he gave me his low key facebook but i forgot the name he said it was down as and said if im ever in London to stop by and I can stay at his! probably fake but i probably wont ever make it London so im not bothered!

At a pretty sweet premier Guy asked if i had any weed and i bloody left it at home, missed my chance to kick it with guy! did have a good chat for a bit though
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2019, 11:17:20 AM »
Smoked weed with spencer f.  We were talkin about lovechild and he asked me what my fave vid was and i told him thrill of it all and he said immedeatly, "i aint mad atcha".  Smoked weed with Todd Jordan and his buddy who were cool but Reda was stone faced, wouldnt take the weed pipe and wouldnt even look at me.  Steve Berra texted my skate buddy the other day.  I bought heroin from an old pro whos model i had as a kid.  Met chris senn in vancouver when he was visiting, his gf lived there. Met Quim and Lance when they were addias.  Quim  seemed like he was on mushrooms or somthing and he was amped and Lance was hating his life. Bro'd down with Clyde - hes a good person.   One year inside the pne at slamcityjam my crew was sitting right behind   Ellissa, temp, temps wife, mallondo, and Kareem and maybe others too. They got completely enveloped in 2nd weed smoke cause we had ounces of weed.  Really fun to be seated chuffin weed watching the classic era dudes on the street course.  We politely asked them to stop smoking cigerettes which fucking pissed Mallondo off but Ellisa actually made them obide.  I was talking to Ellisa (trust me she was a stone cold babe back then if you met her in person) and i was trying to make time with her but Mallondo was a foot away grimacing.  Oh yah temps wife told me that Ed would "kill me" if I knocked over his camera equipment.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:54:52 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2019, 11:17:33 AM »

the street i live on is called bartlett and has a big hill bomb on it

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2019, 11:29:55 AM »
I sometimes go to the same bar as bill haders dad.

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2019, 11:34:06 AM »
I worked for Pluhowski

Blake Carpenter took a dab on my couch

Sean Conover is a good friend whom I skate with regularly

Evan Smith wrote my roommate a song recently. We also got bubble guns from 7/11 at the first no hotels premier

Filmed a trick for Brad Cromer at blue park the other week

JJ told me to come skate one day after I got out of class at Pratt. We talked about architecture at the purple premier.

I randomly have BA's phone number. No idea how.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2019, 11:34:45 AM »
Corey Glick gave me a fist bump after I did a boneless on a bank

mattchew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2019, 11:57:00 AM »
TK made me film him on his phone at the courthouse once like 2 years ago. It took him like 18 tries to wallie out of the fountain. I then proceeded to break my ankle 25 minutes later.

That’s what you get when you fuck with Baker (shalom).
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2019, 01:19:11 PM »
Both TK accounts follow my insta

I've eaten lunch with Nora

Jkjhnsn has good dance moves and can pull some tail. Witnessed it first hand

Memorable props I've gotten for landed tricks: Matt Miller, Sean Conover, Ryan Reyes, Steve Cab, and Muska

I've witnessed Andy Macdonald once trash on some older guy learning to skate the same bowl as him. Something like "go over to the small quarterpipes or skate street. We I don't have time for this". I then said I had no problem with him learning and even offered my turns for him to drop in/pump around. Fuck yellow helmet

Many years ago at that same park Ninejah got pissed cause he wouldn't land a never ending line first try and then got pissed at me cause I got in his way his second try at that line. Landed my trick though and proceeded to laugh at that jock

Free Max B

notcool

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2019, 01:26:03 PM »
i grew up skating with caswell and phil shao

notcool

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2019, 01:30:25 PM »
i grew up skating with caswell and phil shao
i talk to corey duffel a lot on insta and he's liked random posts

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2019, 01:31:21 PM »
Chris Cole called me stupid on the internet before.

Corey Duffel called me cool on the internet before.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

euro tm

« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2019, 02:12:45 PM »
I worked for Pluhowski

Blake Carpenter took a dab on my couch

Sean Conover is a good friend whom I skate with regularly

Evan Smith wrote my roommate a song recently. We also got bubble guns from 7/11 at the first no hotels premier

Filmed a trick for Brad Cromer at blue park the other week

JJ told me to come skate one day after I got out of class at Pratt. We talked about architecture at the purple premier.

I randomly have BA's phone number. No idea how.

you don't work there anymore? what about josh? claim to fame; i know sanka.