Author Topic: namedrop thread  (Read 32143 times)

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
Re: namedrop thread
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2019, 08:04:28 PM »
Ronnie Creager lives down the street from me.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2019, 08:22:48 PM »
Jake Phelps laughed at my passed out friend at a Black Box event. This was about 2008 or 2009. My friend films but had been day drinking a little too much. Got a little comfortable leaning against a quarter pipe getting an angle and ended up passing out holding his camera. Jake Phelps walks by and stands in front of us for a moment and laughs his ass off. He walks away and comes back with Jamie Thomas. I was laughing too because even though he was passed out, he managed to get some good clips.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2019, 08:25:40 PM »
One time this guy posted a photo of me skating on instagram and peter hewitt liked it.

One time I skated the same miniramp as monsanto kills.

comicbookguy

• Rep: -53
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2019, 08:55:09 PM »
Chase Gabor was my neighbour growing up

Did he ever introduce you to his screwdriver?

goo goo goo joob

• Rep: 40
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2019, 09:04:30 PM »
Saw Fred Gall at a Portland house party about 11 years ago

Barf The Mog

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2019, 09:10:00 PM »

Can you please explain what it was like to see him at a house party? That’s actually a really incredible sighting.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:12:27 PM by Barf The Mog »

goo goo goo joob

• Rep: 40
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2019, 09:17:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can you please explain what it was like to him at a house party? That’s actually a really incredible sighting.

I'm assuming he was there on an iPath tour because if I remember right it was also K Reed and Quim Cardona chillin there. I was probably 19 at the time and very drunk so it's not a vivid memory but I remember sitting in the backyard with them and Freddy seemed real mellow. While in Portland he did the gnarliest dump truck off a billboard into a janky miniramp (the photo was in some mag, maybe someone here can remember this.)

Barf The Mog

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2019, 10:14:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Can you please explain what it was like to see him at a house party? That’s actually a really incredible sighting.
[close]

I'm assuming he was there on an iPath tour because if I remember right it was also K Reed and Quim Cardona chillin there. I was probably 19 at the time and very drunk so it's not a vivid memory but I remember sitting in the backyard with them and Freddy seemed real mellow. While in Portland he did the gnarliest dump truck off a billboard into a janky miniramp (the photo was in some mag, maybe someone here can remember this.)

Thank you kind sir. You provided enough detail for a strong visualization of the event. Nice!

Brguy

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2019, 10:20:17 PM »
I have a friend who claims he smoked weed with Luan Oliveira here in São Paulo. Also I live in the same neighborhood as Henrique Crobelatti, but you'll probably won't know him.

LordDonSauce

• Rep: -11
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2019, 10:21:21 PM »
I know cake farts. google his work.

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2019, 10:22:09 PM »
I photoshopped off Trevor Colden’s acne for a mtn dew photoshoot a few years ago.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2019, 10:23:16 PM »
Rune Glifberg borrowed my rizla and told me how deathbox was moving to the US. Showed me footage (at radlands) of Penny killing radlands whilst TP was sat laughing.

euro tm

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2019, 10:29:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Thank you kind sir. You provided enough detail for a strong visualization of the event. Nice!

i wasn’t present for this. maybe some one on here will know or have heard this story. steve durante and freddy were outside of a party in tempe arizona around 10 years ago doing switch tres on crack. every time they’d land one they’d scream “SWITCH TRE ON CRACK” i don’t know how true this is but i want to believe it so bad.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2019, 10:29:47 PM »
One time this guy posted a photo of me skating on instagram and peter hewitt liked it.

Cardiel once liked a post of mine, or it might've been a comment, just out of nowhere. It's only Instagram but I was still hyped.

post your name drops
I'll start
i know pat rakestraw
no big deal

Can you please ask him if there's any footage of him skating and/or playing SKATE with Dave Chappelle?

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2019, 10:48:22 PM »
One more. Travis Stenger used to come to Calgary from Edmonton in the Summers.  I've never seen anyone that consistent again in my life.

Barf The Mog

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2019, 10:54:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i wasn’t present for this. maybe some one on here will know or have heard this story. steve durante and freddy were outside of a party in tempe arizona around 10 years ago doing switch tres on crack. every time they’d land one they’d scream “SWITCH TRE ON CRACK” i don’t know how true this is but i want to believe it so bad.

Mother Goose.

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2019, 10:55:03 PM »
kenny hughes was the bouncer at a party in the basement of a tortilla factory that i attended.

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2019, 02:19:42 AM »
The Muska - some random kid asked him what do keep in your stash pocket. “Weed.” 14 year old me thought that was awesome.

PRod - 14 year old Paul does nollie heelflip noselide nollie flip out in front of me at el camino. So sick. 14 year old me? Mind blown.

Elissa Steamer - drunk as fuck at McDonalds on sunset and vine at 2:45am. She was loud and kinda annoying but in a great/memorable way.

JCassanova - LAX with a stack of boards hopping a flight. Two weeks later he was being interviewed on Ventura Blvd, saw him as I was driving by

Flacco - he was 12 when I first started doing going to pedlow. He’d do 10 kickflips then 10 heelflips 10 nollie flips 10 nollie heels etc. he’d vibe lots of people/he was the best kid at pedlow

JDubs - skated pedlow. Never landed one trick.

Curren Caples - 12 and blasting higher than anyone at pedlow. Never saw him again.

T.A. - skated up to me at pedlow and told me how much he “loves this park. especially when the suns setting and there’s no shadows.” He was boardsliding the flat bar without popping onto it just lifting and lapping it over. He landed 3 long ass ones then 4th try he doesn’t lift high enough and slams harder than any 49 year old man I’d ever seen in my life. He didn’t really come back after that but was there all the time before.

AVE - saw him at a nofx show. We were at the bar told him his mindfield part was sick and he “pffffffffft  ::)

JWray - same show same bar two seconds later. Just said what up after being vibed by AVE. Super nice guy.

The Boss - I went to PRod park at 8am after getting it in with a chick that lived near by. I was skating alone, he rolled up and did the most beautiful kickflip I’d ever seen. You could hear his foot drag for what sounded like forever. Perfect flick perfect catch and it was like 3ft high. That day 29 year old me was kickflipping like 14 year old me before 2 broke ankles. I was so stoked.

Dressen - I was at supreme waiting outside for my trendy friends to come out. I look to my right and this dude is smoking. I think to myself this short guy looks like Eric Dressen. His epicly laterd comes out the following day with the tattoo shop intro.

Heath - bartending at black. I knew he did that but seeing it in person was gnarly. Slanging drinks like me. Normal life shit. I wonder if I bartend better than Heath.

Seeing all the pros at black and how short some are in real life. Low center of gravity helps in skating for sure.
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2019, 03:27:42 AM »
Corey Duffel liked a few of my instagram posts, I was so stocked

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2019, 04:44:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Look at my very first post. Didn't go over so well.
[close]

Couldn’t you just post it instead of giving everyone a little homework assignment?

Constructive criticism.

Yes...

Just looked and I must have deleted it as I was kook'd pretty hard, but I was living in Berlin and ran in to Lance Mountain who was walking around my neighbourhood. He was mostly looking up at the sky and I was sort of shocked to see a skateboard legend walking around alone so I blurted out something like "Lance Mountain! Hey, have a nice day, man" and he said something like "Thanks, you too!" 

v cool. I think I created a thread just for that.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2019, 04:47:05 AM »
Toan Nguyen, Pat Canale, AND Sheffey follow me on insta and like
my shit regularly. I tell people that in lieu of paying for coffee.
100% transparency here: I do pay for all of my coffee.
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2019, 05:06:38 AM »
I know Youness since he was 5. He used to live two houses away from me.
Pretty sure I also let him ride my boards for his first time as well.

He got into skating and came asking for skatevideos literally every two days.
He was about 11 years younger than me, but I didn't mind. It was cool the kid got into skating.

Acts like he doesn't know me anymore now :-)

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2019, 05:43:52 AM »
You know that other redhaired guy (not aiden, friends with aiden) who makes cameos in supreme / 917 videos, usually in the background, and just had a clip in the new johnny wilson video doing a fakie 5050 halfcab out? His name is Alex, otherwise known as fakie master. He was my buddy in college.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2019, 05:49:31 AM »
A guy I used to work with grew up in West Chester and knew Bam Margera and Ryan Dunn. Coincidentally, this guy's name is Brandon.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2019, 05:51:27 AM »
I smoked weed with drew dezort in my moms minivan in highschool
ben raybourne slapped me in the face
Ishod came up to me and small talked me while i was sitting down at arvada park once
patrick dempsey came up to me at a bar and asked me how i was doing like he knew me

know_your_role

• Rep: 10
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2019, 06:05:34 AM »
callum paul gave me the stinkeye at lincoln park every single god damn time i went there

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2019, 06:09:13 AM »
I blew off Tony Alva without realizing it
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

DadBod

• Rep: -3
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2019, 06:13:35 AM »
Chaz Ortiz stole my sharpie 4 years back

ZeGerms

• Rep: 12
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2019, 06:15:34 AM »
Had some beers with Willow at macba way back in 2004.
Jack Curtin gave props for some ledgefuckery the same night.
Had a convo about playing drums with Ryan Gallant, we found out we have the same setup.

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2019, 06:36:10 AM »
I accidentally knocked on Anthony Pappalardo's door once thinking it was my friends place.