Author Topic: namedrop thread  (Read 32911 times)

frankenbrother

Re: namedrop thread
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2019, 09:39:25 AM »
I used to see Alex Moul skating reading heaps in 1996 but was always way to scared to say anything cos I was a little grom.

Oh and one of the lesser members of East 17 once scabbed a can of coke off me and the 1994 PC show

the tranny monster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -22
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2019, 02:40:45 PM »
Aaron yant was the only person that had a gold membership at the skatepark I worked at before he moved to California. I taught him how to kickflip the right way. Made a crazy amount of progress in a really short amount of time

Matt Tomasello used to live the town over from me and I’ve skated with him a few times, really cool guy.

Rolled up on this spot once and nick dompirere was there trying some gnarly shit, it was my eighteenth birthday and he gave me his board.

I see westgate at the local indoor every other week or so, he’s really quiet. He’s also shorter than me which blows my mind because I’m like 5’6. I also work with a dude who used to work on his bog.

I have Jeff Grossos phone number but don’t remember how.

Think I skated my local park with Fritz Mead in his prime when I was a teenager, he follows me in Instagram so I’m guessing that was him.

Rob that runs Lowcard gave me a bunch of shit and told me I was very important once

Drank a bottle of jager with that Elijah dude that skates for vagrant.

My dad knows Fred Smith

Pops dm’d me about a vert ramp on here once

Saw bam margera once but didn’t talk to him because he was fat

Had a conversation about gg allin and sucide hotlines with nakel after an earl sweatshirt show.

Apparently Eric pupeki used to live not that far from me

I had a roommate who claimed his girlfriend banged tony hawk.

I think that’s it.

Bought my first pair of Indy’s off Donny Barley back when he had a shop in town, he said he’d do a demo at my middle school and never emailed me back.

Me Kootz and gurneys cream prank texted Phelps a few times (RIP)

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2019, 03:26:25 PM »
Aaron yant was the only person that had a gold membership at the skatepark I worked at before he moved to California. I taught him how to kickflip the right way. Made a crazy amount of progress in a really short amount of time

Matt Tomasello used to live the town over from me and I’ve skated with him a few times, really cool guy.

Rolled up on this spot once and nick dompirere was there trying some gnarly shit, it was my eighteenth birthday and he gave me his board.

I see westgate at the local indoor every other week or so, he’s really quiet. He’s also shorter than me which blows my mind because I’m like 5’6. I also work with a dude who used to work on his bog.

Think I skated my local park with Fritz Mead in his prime when I was a teenager, he follows me in Instagram so I’m guessing that was him.

Rob that runs Lowcard gave me a bunch of shit and told me I was very important once

My dad knows Fred Smith

Had a conversation about gg allin and sucide hotlines with nakel after an earl sweatshirt show.

I think that’s it.

Bought my first pair of Indy’s off Donny Barley back when he had a shop in town, he said he’d do a demo at my middle school and never emailed me back.

And you’re part of the All I Need podcast?
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2019, 03:47:05 PM »
how are any of these name=drops?

the tranny monster

« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2019, 06:18:20 PM »
Expand Quote

My dad knows Fred Smith

I think that’s it.

[close]
And you’re part of the All I Need podcast?

Nah but we do know each other

Dustwardprez

« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2019, 06:38:59 PM »

My dad knows Fred Smith

Is Aaron local to here or was they a student or something? I skated with Aaron like last year. Then I started seeing them all over the internet.

the tranny monster

« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2019, 06:51:55 PM »
Expand Quote

My dad knows Fred Smith

[close]

Is Aaron local to here or was they a student or something? I skated with Aaron like last year. Then I started seeing them all over the internet.

He’s originally from Ventura but moved out to Rhode Isalnd when he was like four, moved back just as he started high school.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2019, 07:12:26 PM »
ive seen marrisa del santo in a dress on halloween house party 2008

she doesnt shave her legs

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2019, 08:46:18 PM »
ive seen marrisa del santo in a dress on halloween house party 2008

she doesnt shave her legs

nino honey you are turning me ON
does my user name check out

Dustwardprez

« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2019, 07:11:56 AM »
I saw Fiske crash his bike in the house

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2019, 07:13:34 AM »
Bobby Peru is my friend :)

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2019, 07:28:16 AM »
I got beaten up by a guy who looks like Beagle.

During a middle school sleepover, a friend of mine claims that while he was sleeping, monsanto kills snuck up and peed on him with malice aforethought.

Saycheeseordie

• Rep: -1
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2019, 08:52:20 AM »
My buddy Aaron is in What If.

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 59
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2019, 09:58:22 AM »
Saw James Hardy at my then local park. He saw that I was riding his board, a red white and blue graphic I'd got on sale, and asked to see it. I had stickered over his name so felt kind of awkward but he was cool. Later he gave me props on a bs boardslide for some reason. He mostly skated flat and did some pretty high kickflips.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 159
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2019, 03:01:04 PM »
I once got called over with Jeroen Wilson to the next table at an club in Dublin called Lillies Bordello by none other then Bono. Nice fella.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »
I met TheSecretTape once.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Scottboarding

• Rep: 90
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2019, 05:31:49 PM »
My dad told me that when I was four we were in line behind Tony Hawk at Disneyland. Tony had his son with him and I'm assuming that was Riley.

My buddy also got Jamie to T in SKATE, but I wasn't there for that.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2019, 05:52:31 PM »
Saw James Hardy at my then local park. He saw that I was riding his board, a red white and blue graphic I'd got on sale, and asked to see it. I had stickered over his name so felt kind of awkward but he was cool. Later he gave me props on a bs boardslide for some reason. He mostly skated flat and did some pretty high kickflips.

now this is a fucking story!!!!!

Black Frycook

« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2019, 07:03:17 PM »
One time in South Beach Miami I skated past the Hardies crew while they were chillin outside some restaurant and they all mean mugged me super hard for no reason. It was pretty cool I guess
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 07:06:41 PM by Black Frycook »

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2019, 09:09:48 PM »
I think she's on SLAP too
I was at one point a pro hoe/flow hoe

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2019, 10:23:45 PM »
my friend's girlfriend's roommate used to date yaje
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

enrgydrnkr

• Rep: 25
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2019, 10:46:09 PM »
one time i entered a high ollie contest at my local park i was 15 and decided to wear this striped purple button up.
Corey Duffel was judging it, and afterwards he came up to me and told me i had a sick shirt.
it was a stupid looking shirt, but i've always like Corey since then for encouraging me to wear different shit.

thefriscokid

• Rep: 8
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2019, 12:50:37 AM »

My dad knows Fred Smith

I think that’s it.

What was Fritz like?? he rips hard now so prime skating im curious

also dope person to get your first indys from
two times

thefriscokid

• Rep: 8
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2019, 12:51:37 AM »
my friend's girlfriend's roommate used to date yaje

Sucks for her I heard hes a chump
two times

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »
A few years ago my brother and I saw Tom Schaar at our local park.

He was skating a small qp and my brother told him to do a 1080.

He was bummed.

the tranny monster

« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »
Oh wow can’t believe I forgot this one I’ve known flicktits since I was like 16. If you mention anything about slap around him he gets mad.

Uknowmyinsta

• Rep: -407
  • Your brain has no facts.
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2019, 12:36:04 PM »
Oh wow can’t believe I forgot this one I’ve known flicktits since I was like 16. If you mention anything about slap around him he gets mad.

This may be the best one.  I think that thread made me cry. 

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2019, 03:15:47 PM »
Wow big fan of Nick Rix
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2019, 09:33:25 PM »
When I lived in SF in 2007 Koston cut my friend and I (who were next in line) for the beer keg at some FTC art show. Or maybe it was the Deluxe store? I dunno! I shoulda told him off and called him "Froston", that would have went well...

Pootie Calrissitang

• Rep: -1
« Reply #209 on: April 09, 2019, 01:50:20 PM »
Mike "Wing Ding" Cao is from my hometown and he came back to visit family back in the mid-ish 90's. We had a ton of mutual friends so we all got up to skate a few times while he was here. We were sitting around one night in this parking lot and got to talking about his "Let the horns blow" part. I brought up that manual he does on that tall ledge and how it couldn't have really been that high, so he goes and pulls out a newspaper box (you put change in and open it up to get the paper) and ollies it. It was insane.

Later these chicks show up and he goes to his car to change into his mackin' shoes and comes up to me and asks to borrow my copy of Let the horns blow because the girls didn't believe he was a pro skater. I straight up said no because I knew I'd never see that shit ever again. He asked if I'd at least make him a copy. 

He spent the rest of the night leaning against his car and not skating because he didn't want to get sweaty for the chicks.

I remember he said hella' a lot, too.....like, to the point where you just wanted to tell him to shut the fuck up.

He was super nice though.

"You kine, double-pitty, no-tine swindler. You've got a lot of tanies coming here, after what you panny sty."