Author Topic: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding  (Read 41904 times)

Copthorne14

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -24
Re: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding
« Reply #300 on: May 30, 2019, 10:08:12 AM »
Anger is a pretty common reaction to suicide. Rog was Frank and honest there nothing wrong with that.

Chim Richalds

• Rep: -101
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2019, 10:22:20 AM »
I think Rog is a severely depressed person as well.

Suave

• Rep: -21
« Reply #302 on: May 30, 2019, 10:25:27 AM »
I think Rog is a severely depressed person as well.
rog w/ the thorn in his side. how can we look into rog's eyes, still we don't believe him?

morningcommute

« Reply #303 on: May 30, 2019, 10:28:42 AM »
It’s s very common reaction. There’s no need to dig rog out about it.

Miss that shit and move on.

meadowsoprano

• Rep: -4
« Reply #304 on: May 30, 2019, 10:35:23 AM »
how anyone can have any reaction except complete sadness for how down and depressed raemers must have been completely baffles me. the poor lad must have felt so alone, sad and lost and bagley’s initial reaction is anger. so weird to me.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #305 on: May 30, 2019, 11:05:43 AM »
Suicide is just controversial and too hard to convince the other side that they are right or wrong. Some people just never experienced deep depression and would never in a million years to think to commit suicide. But people that have felt ultimate sadness can agree that those feels suck and just eat in your insides to the point that suicide seems almost reasonable.

Rog is definitely on the other side. I always feel like there should be a hierarchie of people complaining about someone killing themselves and that should be Ben's family....not the friend or filmer.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #306 on: May 30, 2019, 11:19:00 AM »
The notion that suicidal people are selfish is a very big factor in stigmatizing mental health issues. I completely understand that Roger is hurt by losing a friend, but comments like that are misguided.

https://www.nami.org/Personal-Stories/Suicide-is-Not-a-Selfish-Act

https://www.nami.org/Blogs/NAMI-Blog/September-2018/5-Common-Myths-About-Suicide-Debunked

https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/survivingmentalhealthstigma/2016/04/suicide-and-the-selfishness-stigma

I think these pieces explain it better than I ever could. I don’t think Roger should be chastised for his comments, but if we’re really gonna make a dent in the conversation of mental health, I think it’s at least worth discussing. A good friend of mine took her life this past November and I’m still very hurt by it, but I can assure you that no crass anti-suicide rhetoric (as well intended as they may be) will make anybody feel better about what happened.

Suave

• Rep: -21
« Reply #307 on: May 30, 2019, 11:37:57 AM »
i was in juvie w/ this kid 25 yrs ago. he killed his parents and little sister because they wouldn't let his gf sleep over. that's selfish. killing yourself is a hell of a thing and hopefully you've explored every option first. i always wish people wouldn't kill themselves but i never think they're selfish because, i've seen real selfishness.
ps Jereme should belatedly give this kid a pro model [he's found allah and has some nutty new muslim name but still locked up]
http://www.upi.com/Archives/1994/08/09/Teen-has-sex-with-girl-near-moms-body/8581776404800/

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #308 on: May 30, 2019, 12:23:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeshhh, I know Roger is hurt and sad about Ben committing suicide but calling Ben a "Selfish son of a bitch" is probably something I would have cut out. Considering Slap is know to be "The worst place on earth" I don't think anyone on the Ben thread said anything like that.
[close]

You guys are taking it out of context. Roger said that his first thought when hearing about Ben's suicide was "You selfish son of a bitch", because he was pissed and hurt.

He didn't go on the show and say "Ben is a selfish son of a bitch for doing what he did".
[close]

I don't think Roger meant to sound that harsh and you can genuinely see that he is hurt from Ben passing away. I liked that they did address it and had a serious discussion about it. All I was trying to say is had they cut that little snippet I think the conversation would have had a different tone overall.

Also I don't know how I would feel about myself if my first thought is "That selfish son of a bitch" to a dear friend committing suicide. Is that a common reaction or something?

I'm not sure how common of a reaction that is (I've never had a good friend commit suicide), but I give Roger credit for at least being honest and telling the other guys what he was thinking, regardless of how harsh it sounded.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #309 on: May 30, 2019, 01:33:36 PM »
love it or hate it, SLAP is skateboarding.
All of the grossness, all of the awesomeness, all of the kookyness, all of the coolness, the hilarity, the sadness..the fake, the pure, the apathetic, the righteous, the bipolar and the balanced. It's all here. Shalom.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #310 on: May 30, 2019, 02:06:51 PM »
I thought it was funny when Steezus, as an attempt to not say SLAP, decided to call us by the reverse spelling, PALS, when that also refers to us.

Or at least that’s the way I interpreted it.

soonbanned

« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2019, 02:28:26 PM »

Love it or hate it, 90% of skateboarders have never heard of SLAP, and no, the actual environment is not nearly as toxic as this anonymous cesspool. Get a grip.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2019, 02:30:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Love it or hate it, 90% of skateboarders have never heard of SLAP, and no, the actual environment is not nearly as toxic as this anonymous cesspool. Get a grip.
most skaters nowadays are at least aware of slap

soonbanned

« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2019, 02:37:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Cool I been skating since 1986 and never heard of it til 9 club. Nobody I ask has ever heard of it. You just think so because you're on here.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2019, 02:39:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ok, toxic avenger.

soonbanned

« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2019, 02:44:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

ok, toxic avenger.
More like the mirror that too many of you never look into. People hate that. Bless your heart.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2019, 02:45:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

ok, toxic avenger.
[close]
More like the mirror that too many of you never look into. People hate that. Bless your heart.

bless my fart.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2019, 02:45:40 PM »
Roger’s reaction is super common. Most people seem to see the bigger picture after a while though.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

soonbanned

« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2019, 02:49:43 PM »
Yeshhh, I know Roger is hurt and sad about Ben committing suicide but calling Ben a "Selfish son of a bitch" is probably something I would have cut out. Considering Slap is know to be "The worst place on earth" I don't think anyone on the Ben thread said anything like that.
The irony of judging anyone for their reaction to the death of someone they ACTUALLY FUCKING KNEW while you sit here on a thread acting offended for someone you never met in your life is laughable.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2019, 04:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
Cool I been skating since 1986 and never heard of it til 9 club. Nobody I ask has ever heard of it. You just think so because you're on here.

Jesus fuck  , how old are you?

soonbanned

« Reply #320 on: May 30, 2019, 04:35:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

Old enough to know better and too young to care.

Chim Richalds

« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2019, 04:47:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

So far, you've failed to live up to your username. Maybe you're not as edgy and against the grain as you think. Time to step up your game, poser.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #322 on: May 30, 2019, 04:48:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Why couldn't you have been part of that 90% of skaters who are unaware of SLAP?

soonbanned

« Reply #323 on: May 30, 2019, 05:07:25 PM »

So far, you've failed to live up to your username. Maybe you're not as edgy and against the grain as you think. Time to step up your game, poser.
Back today from a 3 day ban.

Why couldn't you have been part of that 90% of skaters who are unaware of SLAP?
You can thank Crob and Rog for that.

Chim Richalds

« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2019, 05:10:42 PM »
Haha. You got a timeout. Not the same thing. Come back with a VPN after being IP banned and then we'll talk.

soonbanned

« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2019, 05:12:28 PM »
Haha. You got a timeout. Not the same thing. Come back with a VPN after being IP banned and then we'll talk.
Last account was IP banned. This shit ain't rocket appliances bro. Have a good night everyone.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2019, 05:18:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Last account was IP banned. This shit ain't rocket appliances bro. Have a good night everyone.

You two are some of the dumbest people on here, you really should be friends.

Chim Richalds

« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2019, 05:22:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

You two are some of the dumbest people on here, you really should be friends.

Wow dude. That's pretty fucked up. I'm honored. What if we were the same person? We're not, but...

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2019, 05:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

You've been skating since 1986 and never once heard of SLAP the mag and website? Or just of its online message board that is now its last wall standing? Not questioning your street cred on the fucking Internet, really just curious. In general I'm kind of into knowing which bits of the culture people either were or weren't exposed to and whatnot.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 05:30:03 PM by silhouette »

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2019, 05:29:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
your 50 year old buddies who stopped skating in the 90’s don’t count