Author Topic: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding  (Read 41814 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding
« Reply #360 on: June 01, 2019, 08:51:32 AM »
you're creepy, I really hope I don't know you

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190
« Reply #361 on: June 01, 2019, 09:46:22 AM »
Expand Quote

Ahh, so you're Neal Hendrix! Fuck of pedo
[close]
You should know better than to insinuate things like this. I can find out who you are.

You're sensitive,but that's ok because it gets some paragraphs outta you.

Ps- nothing to find on me,I'm sure we live in the same county if not same state.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #362 on: June 01, 2019, 11:50:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Slap is just as much a part of skateboarding as every skate crew of friends out there is.

[close]
This is where we very strongly disagree. Skateboarding doesn't continue without crews of skate friends. It does continue without slap.

You know, SLAP isn't some kind of foreign, parasitic entity that's specifically designed to go for the throat of a succession of targets just because it can, but rather the direct by-product of the aforementioned crews-of-skate-friends-who-aren't-going-away now mostly consisting in people who have Internet access, and will use it to get their fix of skating when they can't actually be skating or don't have a large community to banter with. It's just skaters exchanging with other skaters to keep their minds occupied with skating when off the board; SLAP is the people.

Most often those exchanges are pretty passionate and sincere (given the common denominator of a culture) and certainly not necessarily tailored to the marketing certain industry actors would like to spread. Being a public forum, the words stay for every Google searcher to read them and that's the only reason why this 'place' (which is just skateboarders being themselves on a random platform) is regularly demonized. Some people don't like realizing that skateboarders won't necessarily buy into everything they throw at them, or that because someone runs a business doesn't mean that they can claim owning skateboarding, but then it's really just their frustration in front of the reality of the market that's showing. In a way those guys are Dorian Gray and SLAP is their corrupted portrait.

sms_b

« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2019, 02:28:40 PM »
Steezus Cries.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2019, 05:20:54 PM »
Steezus Cries.
super, thanks for asking

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2019, 06:59:27 PM »
I have a very clear memory from childhood of being in Nashville and seeing a woman who was at least 60 years old vomiting all over the sidewalk while wearing a t shirt that said "old enough to know better & too young to care"

Was this on the nine club? I swear someone on insta literally posted this exact sentence as a caption on a photo

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

shit_for_brains

« Reply #366 on: June 02, 2019, 04:43:46 AM »
Expand Quote
I have a very clear memory from childhood of being in Nashville and seeing a woman who was at least 60 years old vomiting all over the sidewalk while wearing a t shirt that said "old enough to know better & too young to care"
[close]

Was this on the nine club? I swear someone on insta literally posted this exact sentence as a caption on a photo

No, it's from my life, and I didn't post it anywhere but here. If someone saw it here and posted it on instagram it wasn't me. That same trip there was an elderly homeless man walking through traffic masturbating pretty aggressively.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #367 on: June 02, 2019, 10:53:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No, it's from my life, and I didn't post it anywhere but here. If someone saw it here and posted it on instagram it wasn't me. That same trip there was an elderly homeless man walking through traffic masturbating pretty aggressively.

Someone must have been really touched by your words cause i 100% saw it on a insta story and knew it sounded familar

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

PhantomBased

• Rep: -13
« Reply #368 on: May 13, 2021, 06:25:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Within the last 30 minutes or so. Someone told Rog that they had wished he died and not Phelper. Pretty fucked.

Honestly they(the experience) aren't entirely wrong. Lots of negative ass shit on here. I feel like I can relate to this Nietzsche quote:

"Whoever fights with monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster in the process. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

I've become a monster. haha
[close]

There has been a lot of shit talk on crob here every time the nine club has been under discussion. It's a fact that he doesn't know anything about the history of skateboarding. On the other hand a lot of positive things have been said here on Kelly and Roger, because they deserve it. They know their shit.

Slap is not negative, Slap is where the truth is said out loud. It's not our fault that the truth is often ugly.

Facts

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 551
« Reply #369 on: May 13, 2021, 06:56:22 AM »
Slap is not negative, Slap is where the truth is said out loud. It's not our fault that the truth is often ugly.

This hasn't been true since Nick Jedi stopped posting

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #370 on: May 13, 2021, 08:20:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Within the last 30 minutes or so. Someone told Rog that they had wished he died and not Phelper. Pretty fucked.

Honestly they(the experience) aren't entirely wrong. Lots of negative ass shit on here. I feel like I can relate to this Nietzsche quote:

"Whoever fights with monsters should see to it that he does not become a monster in the process. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

I've become a monster. haha
[close]

There has been a lot of shit talk on crob here every time the nine club has been under discussion. It's a fact that he doesn't know anything about the history of skateboarding. On the other hand a lot of positive things have been said here on Kelly and Roger, because they deserve it. They know their shit.

[close]

Facts

Good job.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #371 on: May 13, 2021, 09:34:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This hasn't been true since Nick Jedi stopped posting

and Tracer  :'(

not that anonymous

• Rep: -14
« Reply #372 on: July 22, 2021, 10:24:48 AM »
Nine Club is just wanting to control communications in the skate world, they manipulate on their you tube channel, and use tactics like highlighted reply to bully young skaters into a certain follower cult mindset, but as you know, skateboarders are smarter than average by nature so many are here and couldn't care less about the Nine Clubs opinion.  Didn't they take Rob-Dyrdek's famous idea (the nine club phrase) as a west coast vs east coast beef?, I mean, you took the mans idea and after hundreds of episodes and still no Rob D on the show... ok..  This is why slap is hated by the nine club, free speech exposes the media platform as a place to groom you instead of support skateboarders and what we have to share, I feel the same bad vibe coming from  tws2.0 and the 666mag that rocked before it went all evil sect cult on the skate world. Skate media now is featuring ideas and outlooks that is the polar opposite of what people like Rodney Mullen preach, you know Mullen, right, the only reason anyone skateboards, the most underrated, under celebrated tech master, I wish he would start a mag and run it for the sake and health of skateboarding, I only trust him in the industry tbh.  in some recent skate media, I saw a pro saying either you got it or you don't, if that were true, skateboarding wouldn't have existed, duh!, ask Mullen.   Mainstream skater media is not true skate media, rely on your local community for that, forget these people that think they don't look weak AF doing what they do, you cant cover the sky with your hand you liars.  They rely on a young skaters ignorance instead of the young skaters wisdom for making a buck, relying on the skaters wisdom will make more profit but that plan is for good businessmen that create for a living, bad businessmen need to cheat to get ahead due to lack of skill. high chakra for the raw skateboarders, we care about ourselves and about OUR skateboarding world, not anyone's delusion of authority. Free speech is never hated by good people, only by abusers.  stay skate woke y friends, land some new tricks today, breaking the barrier of disbelief, believe in yourself, you don't need anyone else to believe in you but yourself, lets build a better skate world for us, no to idols, yes to quality.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #373 on: July 22, 2021, 10:29:17 AM »
Nine Club is just wanting to control communications in the skate world, they manipulate on their you tube channel, and use tactics like highlighted reply to bully young skaters into a certain follower cult mindset, but as you know, skateboarders are smarter than average by nature so many are here and couldn't care less about the Nine Clubs opinion.  Didn't they take Rob-Dyrdek's famous idea (the nine club phrase) as a west coast vs east coast beef?, I mean, you took the mans idea and after hundreds of episodes and still no Rob D on the show... ok..  This is why slap is hated by the nine club, free speech exposes the media platform as a place to groom you instead of support skateboarders and what we have to share, I feel the same bad vibe coming from  tws2.0 and the 666mag that rocked before it went all evil sect cult on the skate world. Skate media now is featuring ideas and outlooks that is the polar opposite of what people like Rodney Mullen preach, you know Mullen, right, the only reason anyone skateboards, the most underrated, under celebrated tech master, I wish he would start a mag and run it for the sake and health of skateboarding, I only trust him in the industry tbh.  in some recent skate media, I saw a pro saying either you got it or you don't, if that were true, skateboarding wouldn't have existed, duh!, ask Mullen.   Mainstream skater media is not true skate media, rely on your local community for that, forget these people that think they don't look weak AF doing what they do, you cant cover the sky with your hand you liars.  They rely on a young skaters ignorance instead of the young skaters wisdom for making a buck, relying on the skaters wisdom will make more profit but that plan is for good businessmen that create for a living, bad businessmen need to cheat to get ahead due to lack of skill. high chakra for the raw skateboarders, we care about ourselves and about OUR skateboarding world, not anyone's delusion of authority. Free speech is never hated by good people, only by abusers.  stay skate woke y friends, land some new tricks today, breaking the barrier of disbelief, believe in yourself, you don't need anyone else to believe in you but yourself, lets build a better skate world for us, no to idols, yes to quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrWoG8IckyE

not that anonymous

« Reply #374 on: July 22, 2021, 10:40:41 AM »
If everyone was always duct tapped, all the fake reviews, fake comments and media manipulation could work perfectly, when you censor someone, that's cyber-duct tape for profit.  The Nine Club is the worst thing in skateboarding because it has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's personal skateboarding and has zero benefits for a skateboarder, we skate, we don't follow cults.  The only episode I'd recommend is Mike Vallely's episode which felt like he totally gave the nine club what they deserve, to be dominated for 5 hours while he's nurturing skateboarding at the same time, what a G. 

not that anonymous

« Reply #375 on: July 22, 2021, 10:56:11 AM »
Expand Quote
someone do the lords work and ban this guy
[close]
What? Are you really too dense to see that there's an actual conversation going on here? Look at the thread title man. You want everyone to come in here and stroke each other all day or do you maybe wanna see the opinion of a person that doesn't have a dildo with shalom written on it stuck in his throat? You cannot see the forest from the trees bud.

Personally, I couldn't care less who skates for who. Sponsorship is great for the hard working skaters but it just makes no difference to me. I'm gonna like who I like, skate the boards I skate, and it doesn't matter whether or not those two coincide. Yes by the 90s Muska Circa and Shorty's then later Think but as silhouette says, once in my 20s, what do I care. I just want a board that feels good.

Is a person less of a skater because they don't care who's sponsored by who? Don't care about marketing or politics in skateboarding? Idk, I skate a lot. Not very well but a lot. The people I generally skate with are my nephew and his buddies. I will have to digress a tad because i did kinda steer him in the direction of being a Vincent Alvarez fan, because they have very similar styles, even look a bit alike and I thought he might want to study a skater that was here before instagram. 

My mind is changed. Slap is not the worst thing in skateboarding. But some of the people here are representative of the worst things in skateboarding.

Skateboarder, the only reason they attack Slap is cause on google and fb platforms its very easy to dominate communications, that is the only reason, social media is highly controlled more than most people realize.  They don't care about any feedback that won't make them a dollar.  They don't care about the current state of skateboarding and how it can improve, they would hurt the skate world more if it meant more profit, that's reality.  ps I don't drink cause I love to learn new skate tricks you need all your faculties for that in my opinion.  Break through the barrier of disbelief, you learning that trick or trick combo you want to learn is as possible as getting some sun on a sunny day, ask Mullen.   

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #377 on: July 22, 2021, 07:38:39 PM »
The problem I have with them is they aren’t really critical of anything and just speaking generally about more than skating here but it’s stupid to just say everything is great and nothings ever shit

Feedback is important and being realistic about things is in a way much nicer than pissing in someone’s ear saying how good something is when it’s garbage

Edit

I mean like you should be able to say ahh it wasn’t that great and it not be a fucking personal attack

Have a teaspoon of cement and harden the fuck up
listen to cosmic psychos

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #378 on: July 22, 2021, 09:38:22 PM »
They're just playing the game with us that we play with the skateboarding industry on these forums

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #379 on: July 22, 2021, 10:53:39 PM »
Yeah except they probably read this and I don’t think many of us watch their show lol
listen to cosmic psychos

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #380 on: July 23, 2021, 04:08:42 AM »
Yeah except they probably read this and I don’t think many of us watch their show lol

everybody here watches the show.  just like you're saying they ~probably~ read this you ~probably~ watch the show
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #381 on: July 23, 2021, 05:02:33 AM »
I have for sure, and would try watch again if they had someone I wanted to see on there but I honestly don’t find Chris Robert’s style of interviewing particularly interesting
I had to turn the creager one off but I did watch enough to now know how to say his name

I’m not trying to be hateful at all but I mean the ones where they don’t interview anyone and it’s like a panel format

Maybe he’s trying to be ironic and funny idk never met any of them

Like others have said it’s a wasted opportunity

How do I try explain myself, do you ever watch people interview people? There’s this guy called Louis therox he’s on some borat shit how he gets things out of people. I’m not saying they should try do hatchet jobs on people cause nobody would go on the show

100% the best one they had was some guy that had a skate shop in Brooklyn or something
Never heard of him but he was a little abrasive and I don’t ever remember the specifics but I remember it was entertaining because there was some conflict

I want to be entertained when I watch shit on YouTube

Any book, story, joke, movie, tv show fucken you name it, none of that shit is watchable if there is 0 conflict

Even the skate line man understands this basic concept
fuck me
listen to cosmic psychos

doublesteveburger

« Reply #382 on: July 23, 2021, 11:49:26 AM »
The nine club is a blanket statement podcast, not that there’s anything necessarily wrong with that. There’s an audience for that and it isn’t me and I’m fine with that.

I do miss my Canadian boys.