Author Topic: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding  (Read 41866 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: Nine Club experience says Slap is worst thing in skateboarding
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2019, 10:53:56 AM »
I just posted the Brink Pals questions on UWTB. Crob said if we made a show he'd watch it. Can someone send him the link?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2019, 10:55:59 AM »
I just posted the Brink Pals questions on UWTB. Crob said if we made a show he'd watch it. Can someone send him the link?

suck it crob.

shalom

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2019, 11:42:18 AM »
Slap is rad. I don’t know how Roger can see a bunch of useless banter, I’m guessing it’s people stuck in a cubicle bored to death trying to come up with the next wittiest comment. Most are probably laughing while doing it.
How’s that worse than Chase Gabor admitting to tying young boys up n sticking a screwdriver up young boys private parts, child molester.
Slap is worse to skateboarding than Chase ?

Chase Gabor is the worst thing in skateboarding.
N nice defence Berra , so he’s telling everyone he’s a child molester because it happened to him ?

Shalom. I love Slap. ❤️#SlappinTillDeath

I think it’s so sad that people can look past racism n sex offenders but someone arguing Dill is better than Mariano is bad lol 😂
N Roger, I’m just taking what you said at face value, I’m not twisting anything. I personally think these sex offenders are the worst thing in skateboarding,Nazis. If I was Geoff Rowley at Chase Gabors weekend buzz , I’d walk right out of the interview n never talk to dude again but these guys laugh.
But people busting balls on a message board is the worst thing in skateboarding, cmon.
No Hate whatsoever, love the show, watch it every Monday for you guys.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 04:35:04 PM by Christopher Lambe »

h00man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2019, 12:36:31 PM »
Collective Negative. I like it.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2019, 01:44:19 PM »
In all seriousness, it’s not much of a shock that people view this place as nothing but a pit of negativity, at least at face value. Like Christopher Lambe said, I think a large portion of the cynicism here is just humor being exaggerated further and further, even if the opinions themselves are genuine. And thats been a thing much longer than messageboards have. The thread about Steezus being racist is easy to look at and write off, but if he actually read the thread he’d see that most of us were calling the guy an idiot.

Nine Club folks, I know y’all are reading this, but we’re not so bad. I’m sorry someone told you to die, Rog. You shouldn’t do that, but you should probably hang a SHALOM sticker on the set.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2019, 01:46:46 PM »
I can see both sides, SLap isn't a place to take too many things seriously, but there was definitely a line crossed.

Just wanna say Rog should definitely visit the chill thread. It's the most chill thread on Slap.
The chillest1

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2019, 02:22:15 PM »
glad budgie left

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2019, 02:48:03 PM »
Slap is rad. I don’t know how Roger can see a bunch of useless banter, I’m guessing it’s people stuck in a cubicle bored to death trying to come up with the next wittiest comment. Most are probably laughing while doing it.
How’s that worse than Chase Gabor admitting to tying young boys up n sticking a screwdriver up young boys private parts, child molester.
Slap is worse to skateboarding than Chase ?

Chase Gabor is the worst thing in skateboarding.
N nice defence Berra , so he’s telling everyone he’s a child molester because it happened to him ?

Shalom. I love Slap. ❤️#SlappinTillDeath

I think it’s so sad that people can look past racism n sex offenders but someone arguing Dill is better than Mariano is bad lol 😂
  Slap is part of skating where as the racism or sex offenders are an affliction.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2019, 03:35:08 PM »
Not trying to split hairs but the “You should die” comment was sent to roger on his DM not Slap. Of course everyone here has their opinions about the nine club but it sounds like Roger was more upset about that comment and then when Slap came up he got even more upset. Im a big fan of Roger and coincidentally enough I got the idea to revamp the slap pals questions after Kelly agreed to do one but then ended up ghosting me which now makes sense. I might not like certain things about the nine club here and there but I would never have enough hate to wish someone their death. The whole thing is fucked and I can understand their anger to a degree and hope to one day get them to reconsider so that they could see we’re not all trolls.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2019, 03:54:45 PM »
They were right, at least in my case, in thinking that our lives are miserable. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2019, 03:55:59 PM »
I wouldn't take all this personally Monkey. You're actually doing a rad thing with the slap pal questions and contributing in a cool way.

Hopefully, this won't ruin other potential guests but maybe Kelly became weary and with plenty of reason to want to keep away. Even as a slap poster, when you made the thread, I was kind of conflicted about it. I didn't know whether to take it seriously or not.

Hopefully this doesnt discourage you from making more Monkey, and hopefully we can all take on some responsibility on the level of toxicity that's displayed on here. It can be part of the fun, but there are times some dudes go far.  Maybe we can all keep in mind what we could have (more stuff similar to what Monkey is doing) if we can keep it fun without going overboard
The chillest1

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2019, 03:56:38 PM »
slap does hold it down for the real ones. go back to ig if you feeling salty.

saved the career of ledgends Pete Eldridge, Terrence Kennedy, ect....
AND LIL SHMATTY GODDAMNIT!

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2019, 03:58:23 PM »
They were right, at least in my case, in thinking that our lives are miserable.

Haha I can relate. There's a pretty strong coralation between the current status of my life right now, and when I became a slap poster.
The chillest1

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2019, 04:05:40 PM »
We won.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2019, 04:21:52 PM »
The first time I heard Chad Ortiz called “Steeze” Ortiz , I puked  for three days because it was so pretentious and egotistical so you can imagine how sick I was when I heard “Steezus Christ” I’m still throwing up.  You should be so lucky to only get the little ball breaking you get.
Do you need a hug ? Buck up!
Haha all love ❤️
Shalom
“ Don’t take life so serious guys , nobody gets outa here alive “ #NotMine
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 04:31:20 PM by Christopher Lambe »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2019, 04:27:36 PM »
I really think budgie was Rog. I dont know why he's so salty...its a forum full of skaters...you expect us to all be happy and positive about everything?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2019, 04:32:18 PM »
I think we're deep enough into the internet age where people should be able to handle some online trolling. Personally, I think it's all hilarious and quite fascinating on a psychological level. Slap + smartphone sure has made downtime at work much less boring for me, so I'm thankful for that and if someone's feelings get hurt in the process oh well it was worth it.

saying the guy doing the trolling
check my music

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2019, 04:41:08 PM »
I wouldn't take all this personally Monkey. You're actually doing a rad thing with the slap pal questions and contributing in a cool way.

Hopefully, this won't ruin other potential guests but maybe Kelly became weary and with plenty of reason to want to keep away. Even as a slap poster, when you made the thread, I was kind of conflicted about it. I didn't know whether to take it seriously or not.

Hopefully this doesnt discourage you from making more Monkey, and hopefully we can all take on some responsibility on the level of toxicity that's displayed on here. It can be part of the fun, but there are times some dudes go far.  Maybe we can all keep in mind what we could have (more stuff similar to what Monkey is doing) if we can keep it fun without going overboard

Nah dude I'm not discouraged at all. Me and feedmeseymour actually got more pumped after hearing what crob said. Surprisingly so it hasn't been too hard to book guests. It started with 2 or 3 then it snowballed into a good list I got going and it keeps growing. I've got a few people that somehow are down to do this but are not down to do the nine club. Some of the guest will be surprising and can get with what slap is about without getting offended. Not trying to say its easy but anybody could do this. Both me and FMS have full time jobs and families/kids yet we've been able to find the time to do it. Be on the lookout, there are plenty of episodes still to come.  :D

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2019, 05:17:59 PM »
I really think budgie was Rog. I dont know why he's so salty...its a forum full of skaters...you expect us to all be happy and positive about everything?

I asked a few weeks back and he claimed he wasn't, but that he had met him before and had fun nerding out with him. I dunno tho, Budgie was secretive and cryptic and knew a lot about the industry. The world may never know!

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2019, 05:23:39 PM »
those steezus threads were pretty trash

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2019, 05:41:25 PM »
whoever said Rog could die, i just want to take a strong stand in rebuttal. Rog can live.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2019, 06:27:48 PM »
whoever told roger to die is an ass but that's not slap. the slap thing to do would be to tell him how his hats look stupid and his editing chops suck. having said that, roger seems chill.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 06:33:04 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1066
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2019, 06:53:10 PM »
Been posting here off and on since 2000, seems like the more Slap gets mentioned that it draws out the trolls/shit talkers. It's always been this way, it's a mostly anonymous way to either talk badly about the things you hate or to get a response from someone.
Lately it's just a bunch of people asking how shoes/clothes fit and if a hardgoods product sucks or not.
I'm not the harshest critic of a skate podcast, I love a good story, the behind the scenes stuff.
Any insight into some era I lived through(skating since 87) I can tolerate a crappy mic or poorly worded responses way more than most. I can see they put a lot into the 9 club/experience and it probably hurts a lot to have people tear it apart. But all those guys know putting yourself out there that it's to be expected.
I'm not sure the average expectation of a listener who is getting content on a weekly basis for free, I'm just happy when the guest is coherent and has some cool life experience.
If you avoid the typical clickbait topics, there are some pretty funny people who hang out in here.
Generalizing sucks, the thousands of users at slap and probably less than 100 are actually causing the shit storms.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1198
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2019, 07:00:58 PM »
^That was a legitimately insightful post
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2019, 07:05:06 PM »
Been posting here off and on since 2000, seems like the more Slap gets mentioned that it draws out the trolls/shit talkers. It's always been this way, it's a mostly anonymous way to either talk badly about the things you hate or to get a response from someone.
Lately it's just a bunch of people asking how shoes/clothes fit and if a hardgoods product sucks or not.
I'm not the harshest critic of a skate podcast, I love a good story, the behind the scenes stuff.
Any insight into some era I lived through(skating since 87) I can tolerate a crappy mic or poorly worded responses way more than most. I can see they put a lot into the 9 club/experience and it probably hurts a lot to have people tear it apart. But all those guys know putting yourself out there that it's to be expected.
I'm not sure the average expectation of a listener who is getting content on a weekly basis for free, I'm just happy when the guest is coherent and has some cool life experience.
If you avoid the typical clickbait topics, there are some pretty funny people who hang out in here.
Generalizing sucks, the thousands of users at slap and probably less than 100 are actually causing the shit storms mud.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2019, 07:20:35 PM »
Looks like I'll have to take a more serious approach to my non serious posts.

I think Rog needs a hug,cause SHALOM isn't working for him.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2019, 07:31:50 PM »
I read an old copy of SLAP in the skate shop today, which was nice.

Show me a better forum... Its just the nature of Message Boards...

Gall Bless.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1314
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2019, 07:45:18 PM »
I think these dudes have IG brain. Slap is a pretty mellow place as far as the internet is concerned.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2019, 08:01:27 PM »
There are literally skaters that refuse to get any photos without cancer causing energy drink logos plastered on their heads but yes a bunch of strangers on the internet talking shit is the worst thing in skateboarding. Just dont fucking come on here.

Shalom.