Author Topic: Reddit admins supporting a pedophile sympathizer because she's a reddit admin  (Read 1538 times)

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
EDIT: Some links got embeded. Click the "from" word to go to the links I am referring to.

I know that not many people care about reddit on here, but this is for the people that use the website wondering why a bunch of subreddits went private.

Yesterday, the mods of r/ukpolitics found out that reddit hired Aimee Challenor and was automatically and manually removing any mention of her name, as one of the r/ukpolitics mods got banned for posting an article about her.

from r/ukpolitics

Aimee Challenor is a pedophile sympathizer, in which her father was convicted of raping and torturing a 10 year old. After he was charged but not yet tried, Aimee hired him as her campaign manager for Green Party elections and gave a false name on the paper work. When the Party found out, she was suspended on a no-fault basis. She then tried to campaign for the Liberal Democrats, but was suspended over her fiance's pedophile tweets.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-45373833
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lib-dems-suspend-trans-campaigner-over-tweets-jcsg0tdtq

r/europe statement about the situation, with a couple news articles about Aimee Challenor. (Ignore the article linked, I'm linking the comment which is more important.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/mbbb56/aimee_challenor_and_the_danger_of_transgender/grxs7wq/

Reddit admins' official statement in which they defend their actions but state they did go a bit too far.

from r/ModSupport

Full summarization of everything going on, with a couple links in the body text for further reading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/mbzggv/why_has_r_gone_private/gs0yu2e/

This situation made me learn of reddit's history of supporting pedophilia.

https://www.reddit.com/user/Blank-Cheque/comments/mbmthf/why_is_this_subreddit_private_see_here_for_answers/gs0o624/

Currently a lot of subreddits went private in protest, and many people are spamming "Aimee Challenor" to see if they will get banned.

tldr reddit supports pedophiles
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 09:31:39 AM by yourbreakfsat »

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
wtf why do so many people want to fuck kids? sick world. there really needs to be worse punishment for this shit

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Update:

Aimee has been fired by reddit

from r/announcements

Quote from: spez
We would like to give you all an update on the recent issues that have transpired concerning a specific Reddit employee, as well as provide you with context into actions that we took to prevent doxxing and harassment.

As of today, the employee in question is no longer employed by Reddit. We built a relationship with her first as a mod and then through her contractor work on RPAN. We did not adequately vet her background before formally hiring her.

We’ve put significant effort into improving how we handle doxxing and harassment, and this employee was the subject of both. In this case, we over-indexed on protection, which had serious consequences in terms of enforcement actions.

On March 9th, we added extra protections for this employee, including actioning content that mentioned the employee’s name or shared personal information on third-party sites, which we reserve for serious cases of harassment and doxxing.

On March 22nd, a news article about this employee was posted by a mod of r/ukpolitics. The article was removed and the submitter banned by the aforementioned rules. When contacted by the moderators of r/ukpolitics, we reviewed the actions, and reversed the ban on the moderator, and we informed the r/ukpolitics moderation team that we had restored the mod.

We updated our rules to flag potential harassment for human review.

Debate and criticism have always been and always will be central to conversation on Reddit—including discussion about public figures and Reddit itself—as long as they are not used as vehicles for harassment. Mentioning a public figure’s name should not get you banned.

We care deeply for Reddit and appreciate that you do too. We understand the anger and confusion about these issues and their bigger implications. The employee is no longer with Reddit, and we’ll be evolving a number of relevant internal policies.

We did not operate to our own standards here. We will do our best to do better for you.

The comments sum up how I feel

> We did not adequately vet her background before formally hiring her.

Why?

so you knew about this for WEEKS and decided to keep them until it got big enough? Crazy

How is it that you didn't adequately vet your employees but you heavily monitored and removed discussion surrounding them on your site?

Did you never once question why they were being discussed? You don't get to just sweep this one under the rug.

You guys suck lmao. “Doxxed and Harrassed” you know maybe you shouldn’t have hired a literal monster as a mod/employee??? maybe you should be doing an actual background check on your employees? I mean “adequately vet her background”?

Her dad raped a 10 year old and she then hired him as her campaign manager for UK elections or whatever. And then you go ahead and hire her. seriously what is wrong with y’all?

And it took you all day to come up with this statement? Lol...

Besides the gaping holes in logic between "no one should be banned for mentioning a public figures name" and you literally doing just that why am I smelling so much bullshit?

Edit: the "former" admin in question still has the admin marker on their profile.. lul

Apparently their partner (the one who posted pedophile tweets fantasizing about children) still mods LBGT+ subreddits

https://www.reddit.com/r/announcements/comments/mcisdf/an_update_on_the_recent_issues_surrounding_a/gs4ch7a/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

tldr reddit still fucking sucks

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
People involved too much into online shit are such fucking losers.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal

It's less about internet drama, but more so about the fact that one of the world's biggest online forums is run by pedophiles and pedophile sympathizers.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Expand Quote
[close]

It's less about internet drama, but more so about the fact that one of the world's biggest online forums is run by pedophiles and pedophile sympathizers.

Yeah, and the Discord is fine with beastiality and animal abuse from fucking furries. My point still stands.

pamier

• Rep: 15
reddit especially the skate subreddits, suck full of people patting each other on the back for doing fakie bigspins.

fucking losers

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
wtf why do so many people want to fuck kids? sick world. there really needs to be worse punishment for this shit

There are all sorts of weird, bizarre turn-ons people can have. And the weirder they are, they harder they are to actually realize. Like ‘vole’ fetishes.

Which kind of points to the fact that people don’t really get to choose what they get turned on by.

And there are probably many, many more people who get turned in by kids than can admit it. And if that’s the case, the majority of them are keeping their desires in check. Do you think those people enjoy being stuck getting turned on by something they know is completely wrong?

It’s the ones that try to realize their desires at the expense of the children that get all of them tarred as abusers.

I used to paint all people attracted to kids as sickos, but now I feel bad for people being stuck with a desire like that, but knowing it is wrong and not being able to get rid of it. So that I’m not mistaken as some kind of apologist for child rapists, I 1000%  agree that people who act on it and use children should face severe reprocussions, but I don’t think that is the majority of people who actually have these desires.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 08:15:22 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
reddit especially the skate subreddits, suck full of people patting each other on the back for doing fakie bigspins.

fucking losers
Hahahaha!!! I like Reddit, but fucking hate to see anything skate related on there.

I took some dumb pics with my iPhone 6 over the summer and they turned them into billboards in downtown Chicago without asking my permission. I did get a year of premium for free after complaining.

Masshole

• Rep: 23

fucking losers

My beef with the skate and snowboard subs is that they praise mediocrity. I got nothing against people just starting out, If I saw it in person I'd give them props, but no one needs to see a video of your first stationary ollie/shuv/kickflip.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
A stationary line is a dot

Masshole

• Rep: 23
A stationary line is a dot
profound realization