Author Topic: Keen mini ramp 2.5x12  (Read 2231 times)

chpsk8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Keen mini ramp 2.5x12
« on: September 14, 2020, 12:26:54 AM »
I’m looking to get a mini ramp for my garage the only that will fit the length of my garage is the keen 2.5x12x18. Is the height 2.5 to small? My hope is to get better so I can rip parks that have bowls and other transition.

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
Re: Keen mini ramp 2.5x12
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 09:06:01 AM »
My local has a super low Mini like that and I can do a ton of different tricks on it but when I go skate the other 2 parks nearby that have actual 5' 6' high walls I can only get a few stalls

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 11:47:01 AM »
I had a 30 inch tall mini ramp in my house for 3 years and everyone that skated it said it was the best

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 04:18:16 PM »
What is the flat length?

Transition radius?

Deck width?

6 ft flat is too little.

Why can’t you just build outside?

Can you extend your garage?

I would take a ft from one deck and give to flat then tighten the transition up to 5.5’ and give the savings to the flat also.

If you tighten the transition and extend the flat you can generate more speed and have more set up time.

Also, can’t you build your own with plans? You’ll save at least a grand.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 05:06:09 PM »
Why pay $2900 for something that you could build got <$1000 with the same materials from Lowe’s?

Watch a bunch of YouTube videos on ramp building. My non skating, non building friend just did that and built a mini last month for his kids.

As for the size, that’s a bit small but I don’t know about your skill level. A lot of people won’t admit it but you can get very comfortable with learning stuff on something that small without fear of getting completely worked. The negative is that you can also develop really bad habits like cheating on fakies and disasters that will come back to bite you on bigger stuff.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 162
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 05:43:20 PM »
It would only cost $500 if I built it.

https://vimeo.com/29580247

This ramp was 2 and a half feet tall and definitely didn't have 6 feet of flat

But it was fun

chpsk8

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 09:56:22 PM »
What is the flat length?

Transition radius?

Deck width?

6 ft flat is too little.

I would take a ft from one deck and give to flat then tighten the transition up to 5.5’ and give the savings to the flat also.

If you tighten the transition and extend the flat you can generate more speed and have more set up time.

As I mentioned above, it's going indoors because of rain. I priced it out and it would be about 1,400-1,500 to build not including time. I wasn't looking for building advice, just if the size would be worth while.

chpsk8

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 09:57:28 PM »
It would only cost $500 if I built it.

https://vimeo.com/29580247

This ramp was 2 and a half feet tall and definitely didn't have 6 feet of flat

But it was fun

Cool.. The ramp looks like fun.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 04:55:57 AM »
Expand Quote
What is the flat length?

Transition radius?

Deck width?

6 ft flat is too little.

[close]

As I mentioned above, it's going indoors because of rain. I priced it out and it would be about 1,400-1,500 to build not including time. I wasn't looking for building advice, just if the size would be worth while.

You did not mention why you want the ramp in your garage. Read your message. I was explaining what to look for in a ramp. You could hire someone to build it to your spec. All I am saying is micro mini ramps are more fun with a longer flat bottom and a sharper transition. In my opinion the ramp you are referencing is too tight for an adult and it would make more sense to build a 4 ft mini outside and cover with some sort of overhead.

flintstagram

• Rep: 80
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2020, 08:48:55 PM »
I mean, I think it looks super fun. There's s mini that's about that size about 90 miles from me, and it's so much fun to skate. I wish it was closer. So much so that I've thought about pulling the trigger on the same mini. Let me know if you do because I'd love to hear what you think about it.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2020, 03:50:56 AM »
A ramp of any size can be fun, it's all about getting the transition radius and amount of flat right for the height. 2.5ft is definitely not too small
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2020, 03:57:55 AM »
About the size of that youtuber's ramp. It does not seem to be that fun actually, but I live close to a large transition park so I am pretty spoiled. The ramp in the video would be ten times better if had been possible to have three feet more flat in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EClbjyCdd5k

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2020, 04:31:09 AM »
I reckon that's less that 2.5 feet. And yeah that ramp looks horrible only because of how steep it is for its size
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.