Author Topic: yall fuck with Fallout?  (Read 828 times)

caseythebigboyfilmer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
yall fuck with Fallout?
« on: April 25, 2019, 12:26:31 PM »
fell in love with video games and skating at the same time. fallout was always my favorite game
been filming since i was 9, could never skate well. pursuing a life in video production/graphic design

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: yall fuck with Fallout?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 11:08:55 AM »
new vegas was awesome. never played fallout 3 very much. 4 was fun for building shit. I recently bought the top down fallouts for pc. heard it was more rpg focused so i think i will enjoy them because that was my favourite part of new vegas.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 03:45:59 PM »
I randomly came across a box set of fallout 1 and 2 on sale as a kid and bought it just because I thought the box looked cool.  They turned out to be some of my favorite games ever. 

I’d imagine that it would be hard to play 1 and 2 for people that played the newer games first. 

I didn’t care for fallout 3 or 4, but I liked New Vegas.  I later found out that a lot of the original people that made the first two games also made New Vegas.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 06:34:21 PM »
Fallout 3, new Vegas, fallout 4 stole my soul.
I love the lore and long for the day I can ever spend an hour talking with someone who is fallout competent.

Fallout 1 and 2 are out there for torrent but it's a complete different level of strategy. The concept of survival is so much more real and lingering. It takes resources to move and stay alive and literally anything can come out of nowhere and tear shit up.
I gave up but regret it because of the deep lore that is there, about the G.e.c.k., the factions, and the deviousness of VaultTec who may have orchestrated the nuclear event themselves.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 09:26:37 PM »
Man, I played the shit out of Fallout 2. It's maybe the game I logged the most hours in. Which is why I liked New Vegas so much: the shared lore and scenery, even if the connections are subtle. Especially because the connections are subtle: it doesn't fuck with the old game while building up on it. My computer is effectively a Hot Wheels PC, and I'm still in the PS3, so I'm not playing FO4 anytime soon.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 09:38:41 PM »
I played through Fallout 3 twice pretty much back to back, once on console and then on PC with all of it's DLC. Soon after that Fallout 4 was announced and I kinda felt burnt out at that point to take on another one, however I gave New Vegas a try and got about 30 hours in but don't think I'll finish it despite it having a more interesting setting than 3.

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 01:23:16 AM »
I played Fallout 3, new Vegas and 4. I liked them all, but they got boring faster with each entry. In fallout 3 I dove into all the lore, tried to do any and all quests. New Vegas I still did a lot, but with fallout 4 I found myself going for the trophies/achievements and nothing else.