Author Topic: switching from cupsule to vulc support group  (Read 1384 times)

familyrapist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
switching from cupsule to vulc support group
« on: May 02, 2019, 06:39:54 PM »
thanks to the internet (yo shout out the internet!) I have been able to skate the same ass emerica romeros since the og soty romero design. Got like 4 pairs of vulc vans, authentic pros on back stock.. but when I stand on them they feel like dog shit??? like on some insane heavy clown shoe vibes. I have serious separation anxiety with my romeros, but I'm couch surfing 4 homies places on rotation while I'm unemployed so a dudes gotta make it work

any tips for switching from cups to vulc or vice versa?

reverbtank

• Rep: 3
Re: switching from cupsule to vulc support group
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 06:48:25 PM »
Untie the cup sole ones first or if you wear them loose just take them off. Then take the vulcanized shoes, lace them up if they need it, make sure there’s no paper stuffed inside. Then slide your foot in (make sure your right shoe goes on right foot) in a similar way you did to the cup sole when you put those on. Now tie them or stuff the laces in the shoe, however you where them. Do the same to the left.

If all goes well, you should make it through this.

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 12:27:16 AM »
Got like 4 pairs of vulc vans
couch surfing 4 homies places on rotation
Just curious do you stash a pair of Vans at each of your friends' places?  Hope things get better regardless
All you got is today, get out and skate.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 01:41:36 AM »
U should sell the vans at $25 a piece and save the $100 towards somewhere to live

familyrapist

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 03:44:37 AM »
Just curious do you stash a pair of Vans at each of your friends' places?  Hope things get better regardless
pretty much haha, im bumming it off some buddies prod lol. I actually just traded 2 pairs of those vans for some slip on emericas lol. They felt a bit more like the romeros, but still feeling clown shoe as fuck on the flick.

U should sell the vans at $25 a piece and save the $100 towards somewhere to live
ehh I'm in la so thats like a week of rent living with a roommate, might as well be registered homeless getting these food stamps baby, but if anyone wants to shoot me 20 bucks and shipping for some size 8.5 half cabs let me know

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 05:56:50 AM »
$100 is definitely not a week of rent in LA

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 06:02:30 AM »

Yes but 100$ and no gag reflex definitely can be a week of rent in LA.

ohnowisee

• Rep: -2
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 06:15:03 AM »
Just get some better insoles.
Ilford is way more core than Kodak - natenola forever

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 07:09:40 AM »
Sounds like you are on tough times but damn man... so bad you are gonna skate vulcs?

JK but really, there is no point in switching to vulcs if you like cupsoles. A lot of people like vulc and I don't knock them but in reality it is an antiquated shoe-making process. There is a reason basketball shoes went from vulc to cupsole around '82 (the AF-1 was one of the first).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:12:55 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2019, 08:49:48 AM »
It really depends of the vulc. I've been always on the cupsole side but Nike vulc works extremely nice for me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

familyrapist

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 06:43:52 PM »

if u share a room with someone in noho u would be surprised the quality of crack dens you can live in

Just get some better insoles.

I got some footprints insoles actually lol, I dunno if they even work honestly but im used to them so whatever.

Sounds like you are on tough times but damn man... so bad you are gonna skate vulcs?

JK but really, there is no point in switching to vulcs if you like cupsoles. A lot of people like vulc and I don't knock them but in reality it is an antiquated shoe-making process. There is a reason basketball shoes went from vulc to cupsole around '82 (the AF-1 was one of the first).

its crazy too cause when I first skated I would only get vulcs, vans and shit and I remember really liking the flick on authentic especially, but after skating those romero cups pretty much exclusively they feel way more natural.

got a day in with some emerica slips, not too bad but still feels like a clown shoe lol

went to the local and just looked at the newer style skate shoes. seems like the Nike Adidas Cons are most popular at the park and honestly the quality looks really good. I skated the dunks too when they came out and they were honestly sick at the time but honestly I just can't back that shit now. Emerica looks pretty "built to skate" or whatever lol I always fucked with them. Lakai all over the place I remember the Manchester shoe being the one back in the day but yeah there line seems like no direction. I see a lot of dudes rocking there slip ons and some of the newer models tho so and they look like they skate decent.

everything else is fucked I feel, if your out there skating globes man I feel for you bro

if anyone of you shoe companies head read this and need a skate nerd to do all your work for ya at low cost hmu