Author Topic: Blank decks similar to Wknd, Quasi and FA shape?  (Read 5127 times)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Blank decks similar to Wknd, Quasi and FA shape?
« on: March 29, 2019, 01:49:42 AM »
I’m looking for blanks with the same squared shape. The squared nose and tail shape are no where to be found in blank deck shops

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Blank decks similar to Wknd, Quasi and FA shape?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 02:39:22 AM »
Do you want to live in a world without pros
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 03:58:54 AM »
I’m looking for blanks with the same squared shape. The squared nose and tail shape are no where to be found in blank deck shops

You have, "Blank deck shops"?  If you like those brand's decks, just go buy one from a legit shop.  Done and done.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 07:50:48 AM »
There are no skate shops in the country that I live. We only buy boards online

hmmmokay

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 08:03:45 AM »

Out of curiosity, why not just buy those brands online then? Even if there was (not really sure if there is) a company that produced blanks similar to those shapes/dimensions, would they not prove just as difficult to buy? (assuming you're trying to get them shipped from the US)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 08:06:19 AM by hmmmokay »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 10:12:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Out of curiosity, why not just buy those brands online then? Even if there was (not really sure if there is) a company that produced blanks similar to those shapes/dimensions, would they not prove just as difficult to buy? (assuming you're trying to get them shipped from the US)

Price?

If he lives in a country with no skateshops, that means mail order and high shipping charges; buying a shop deck would significantly lower the mail order price.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:00:28 PM by Xen »

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 11:31:29 AM »
Yeah exactly! High shipping charges are insane! We usually spend around $65-$75 with shipping for a deck. By the way, I live in Qatar if people are curious.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 07:24:46 PM »
Yeah exactly! High shipping charges are insane! We usually spend around $65-$75 with shipping for a deck. By the way, I live in Qatar if people are curious.

Really?? U live in Qatar? What part ?? Ur an interesting skater if true??

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 12:14:22 AM »
buy a FA board sand that fucker down to wood

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 03:19:19 AM »
Fuckit i’ll just buy chapman blanks

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 04:11:56 AM »

Sorry for my comment earlier.  I can't imagine living somewhere with no skate shops in 2019.  US born and raised.  I don't know anything about the import taxes and stuff all the foreign posters talk about.  Skate goods have been pretty much the same price here for 15 years.  Do whatever you can that works with your budget.   

hmmmokay

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 04:45:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sorry for my comment earlier.  I can't imagine living somewhere with no skate shops in 2019.  US born and raised.  I don't know anything about the import taxes and stuff all the foreign posters talk about.  Skate goods have been pretty much the same price here for 15 years.  Do whatever you can that works with your budget.   

Ditto, I think I may have misunderstood your initial statement, which may have made the second half of my response sound a bit shallow. What I meant was that I feel it would be pretty hard to find a woodshop, or skateshop, that specifically has those shapes/dims or even close to, especially at a better price point. Either way, I wish you luck on your search!

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 07:00:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude lives in Qatar I can’t imagine life is great in or outside of skating. Unless you a rich oil dude.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 10:43:20 AM »
Def not a rich oil dude.  Most skaters here are south east asian (filipino) and skateboard decks are kind of a luxury here. At least for us. We work shitty jobs with okay pay if you compare it to the philippines. Has anyone tried chapman before? A few friends here ride skatewarehouse blanks and they’re quite descent. I’d say they’re similar to generator shape. Not sure what woodshop they use though
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dude lives in Qatar I can’t imagine life is great in or outside of skating. Unless you a rich oil dude.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 12:31:32 PM »
Def not a rich oil dude.  Most skaters here are south east asian (filipino) and skateboard decks are kind of a luxury here. At least for us. We work shitty jobs with okay pay if you compare it to the philippines. Has anyone tried chapman before? A few friends here ride skatewarehouse blanks and they’re quite descent. I’d say they’re similar to generator shape. Not sure what woodshop they use though
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Feedback about Chapman has always been good. Haven't heard anything about the SW blanks but I've seen them in person, weird shapes (older, blank ones anyway). SoCal blanks are made in Mexico so you know it's coming from one of the main shops...even tho, no matter the shop there are still levels of quality one can choose from. None of these I have listed are close in shape to the WKND/FA/Hockey/Quasi shape style tho.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 01:10:59 PM by Xen »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 12:38:35 PM »
Chapman are (or at least were) their own woodshop. Here is their shape guide:

My local uses them for shop decks, and I've skated several of their 7.75. They had a pretty mellow kick and concave, and the nose and tail were somewhat tapered. It is quite unlike the Quasi boards I've skated, though, so keep that in mind.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:46:40 PM by FrozenIndustries »

Dustwardprez

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 06:03:52 PM »

Boom there you go.

ballintoohard

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2019, 12:23:07 PM »
Quasi does the "proto" shape which my local sells slightly cheaper. On the 8.25 the only paint is a square.

TooManyPros

• Rep: 59
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 10:40:34 AM »
Quasi does the "proto" shape which my local sells slightly cheaper. On the 8.25 the only paint is a square.

It's a very nice shape, if a bit long for my tastes.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 09:57:19 PM »

Quasi is pressed by PS , so they don't make any shop or blank decks.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 04:29:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Feedback about Chapman has always been good. Haven't heard anything about the SW blanks but I've seen them in person, weird shapes (older, blank ones anyway). SoCal blanks are made in Mexico so you know it's coming from one of the main shops...even tho, no matter the shop there are still levels of quality one can choose from. None of these I have listed are close in shape to the WKND/FA/Hockey/Quasi shape style tho.

chapman wood rules. good shop good dudes good boards strawng island <3.
good come sausage

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2019, 10:07:56 AM »
Add the #Numbers Edition 8.25" Koston to the list as its damn near the WKND shape (stood on one in a shop the other day).