Author Topic: out there: aaron herrington  (Read 3600 times)

shannamal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
Re: out there: aaron herrington
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 04:42:27 PM »
One of my favorite skaters at the moment, but that beards not looking so good...

Coolhats

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 05:20:13 PM »
Some of the worst facial hair in skateboarding. Dude is pretty sick though. Seems like he really puts in some work to find new spots and fix some up. I really like his skating, and really like the way Chrystie seems to be coming along.

Seems like a lot of pros seem to be talking about their drinking problems lately. I have an armchair theory that people who skate this long, and stick with it tend to have addictive personalities because the act of skateboarding probably has the same feeling of shutting the brain down. Some people may deal with it better. Has anyone dug into this more? Feel kinda bad for the dudes that only skate and end up having a ton of free time and not knowing what to do with it, so they end up drinking or getting too into drugs.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 05:25:47 PM »
I appreciate skateboarders starting to have open conversations about mental health/substance abuse. Nothing but respect for Aaron

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 06:21:37 PM »
Love this fucking dude - glad someone else is spending time on google maps.

Pro tip - Use your maps app of choice to find your location (the spot) and take a photo of the spot via Snapchat with the caption being the address.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1210
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 06:58:37 PM »
Feel kinda bad for the dudes that only skate and end up having a ton of free time and not knowing what to do with it, so they end up drinking or getting too into drugs.

Oh boo hoo.  I refuse to feel sorry for someone because they have too much free time.  First-world-problem-havin’ motherfuckers.   
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

A.J.K.

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 08:06:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Feel kinda bad for the dudes that only skate and end up having a ton of free time and not knowing what to do with it, so they end up drinking or getting too into drugs.
[close]

Oh boo hoo.  I refuse to feel sorry for someone because they have too much free time.  First-world-problem-havin’ motherfuckers.

This, plus Thrasher double dipping. Post one video "addressing" someone's substance abuse problems, post another video with Evan Smith's deadass breaking bottles in the street and dudes drinking in the car.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 08:44:06 PM »
Post one video "addressing" someone's substance abuse problems, post another video with Evan Smith's deadass breaking bottles in the street and dudes drinking in the car.

Life just be like that though.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:46:06 PM by Wizard Fight »

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 08:57:51 PM »
I liked the clip. Hits close to home.

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 08:58:15 PM »
Enrique Bonilla [semi pretty Ricky] wrote a few short stories about that video in the comments. i didn't watch but i like his Shawn Powers-esque description of NY on less than $5 a day.

Davie Dick

• Rep: 14
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 09:32:24 PM »
the dude needs to commit to the goat. that or some minoxidil

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 10:14:05 AM »
One of my favorite skaters at the moment, but that beards not looking so good...

Beard? It's a fucking cheek patch, dude needs to commit to the goatee and shave that other shit; he has shitty friends that should call him on that shit.

Good for him getting off the bottle tho.

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 03:43:33 PM »
Good for him, loved his part in that new video his clothing line did. Seems like a good dude

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3316
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2019, 03:47:21 PM »
Does alcohol make people look like they've been doing meth for years and years?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 04:41:32 PM »

Being from Oregon does (because they're all on meth)

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 04:59:12 PM »

It really did look like he'd been on a long meth bender. Dunno about booze though. I've been drinking HEAVILY (NOT PROUD OF IT) for a dozen years (just quit) and people think i'm ten years younger than I am. (Semi-bragging)
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

euro tm

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 05:08:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It really did look like he'd been on a long meth bender. Dunno about booze though. I've been drinking HEAVILY (NOT PROUD OF IT) for a dozen years (just quit) and people think i'm ten years younger than I am. (Semi-bragging)

good to hear man, keep that up. i went completely sober for a while and was told the same thing. granted i'm in my late 20s. i'm probably gonna do it again soon. aaron talking about this hit close to home.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 05:31:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

good to hear man, keep that up. i went completely sober for a while and was told the same thing. granted i'm in my late 20s. i'm probably gonna do it again soon. aaron talking about this hit close to home.

I feel like GAY has a point, but isn't Aaron a vegan? Maybe he looks gaunt from a lack of iron and protein haha. Bad joke, I got love for vegans.

Any time I've had bouts of sobriety, my appearance looked less bloated rather than gaunt. Regardless, really stoked for Aaron! I've physically have felt my best during periods of sobriety. Kind of fucked I never keep up with it.
The chillest1

jockboy

• Rep: -18
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 07:05:09 PM »
haha i seen this dood at johnsons so fuckin wasted fingerin a ugly ass broad at bar

facts

i also seen antonio duarraro at mood ring ravin on the dance floor with a broken setup in hand

haha

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 09:53:35 PM »
also seen antonio duarraro at mood ring ravin on the dance floor with a broken setup in hand
post of the year
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5