Author Topic: discuss: new bastien interview in thrasher  (Read 13207 times)

56InchFlatScreen

Re: discuss: new bastien interview in thrasher
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2007, 08:49:31 AM »
FUCK THE FRENCH FUCK  (EXCEPT J.B) THE 1 AND O.G. FRENCH MAN THAT SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO RIP IN THE USA !

ANY COCK FACE WHO CHEERS FOR HIMSELF IS A FUCKING FAG !

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2007, 09:09:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He does stick to a few tricks that he does quite a bit, but so does Andrew Reynolds, and everybody is on his nuts so hard.
[close]

totally waiting for someone to say that especially with the reynolds thing because its so true. and it is easier to use one of your saftey tricks down something but when your saftey trick is a cab flip, common now. how many people can say there saftey trick is a cab flip.
[close]

I'll disagree on calling Reynolds out, and Bastien. They both have the craziest tricks and both do so much different shit down so many different things...What trick has Reynolds not done down something big in a video part? Sure at a Demo the Frontside flip or Bastiens Cab flip gets the attention, but they both kill it so hard. Claiming they only have a few tricks is ignorant.
Nobody calimed thay only have a few tricks, they just both overdue a few of them. I don't see how you could disagree with that. Ever seen Reynolds do a frontside flip?
bastien is a joke. he got latered move on one too many full cab variations, at least reynolds frontside flipped bigger shit, bastien coasted on shitty comps and two parts in like 5 years..PEACE OUT frenchy

2 parts in 5 years? Thats actually not that bad. Also, considering "Sorry!" came out and then "really sorry!" came out less than a year later, I'd say your cute little attempt to hate is pretty weak. Bastien got a lot of coverage. Reynolds may have "frontside flipped bigger shit" but he does not have the tech shit that Bastien does... switch f/s 270 lip, cabflip frontboard, kickflip backtails, that kid is sick as fuck. If you think its an issue of his talent or his coverage that got him booted, your just plain wrong.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

john

• Rep: 8
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Reynolds may have "frontside flipped bigger shit" but he does not have the tech shit that Bastien does... switch f/s 270 lip,  kickflip backtails, that kid is sick as fuck.
pretty sure reynolds could do both those tricks

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2007, 09:52:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Reynolds may have "frontside flipped bigger shit" but he does not have the tech shit that Bastien does... switch f/s 270 lip,  kickflip backtails, that kid is sick as fuck.
[close]
1) he hasn't
2) those are examples of some of Bastiens tricks, not the list of tricks Bastien can do but Reynolds can't
3) I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, its just rediculous that people can call him monotonous and then be all over Reynold's balls.

john

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2007, 11:30:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
1) he hasn't
2) those are examples of some of Bastiens tricks, not the list of tricks Bastien can do but Reynolds can't
3) I'm not trying to say one is better than the other, its just rediculous that people can call him monotonous and then be all over Reynold's balls.
1) I'm sure that in his 20 or whatever years he's been skating he's done a kickflip backtail and probably a sw 270 lip too.
2)that's basicly what you're impling in your first post
3)People are probably "all over Reynold's balls" because of the way he does his tricks, not the tricks themselves

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2007, 11:43:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
1) he hasn't
[close]
1) I'm sure that in his 20 or whatever years he's been skating he's done a kickflip backtail and probably a sw 270 lip too.
3)People are probably "all over Reynold's balls" because of the way he does his tricks, not the tricks themselves

Your a bitch. Get off Reynolds balls. They need some air. "I bet he could do that! You don't even know! WAAAAAAAAAH!"
one thing you are right about though, I accidentally forgot to add the words, down a handrail.
Fuck man, even I can do kickflip backtails on ledges

john

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2007, 11:50:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
1) he hasn't
[close]
[close]

Your a bitch. Get off Reynolds balls. They need some air. "I bet he could do that! You don't even know! WAAAAAAAAAH!"
one thing you are right about though, I accidentally forgot to add the words, down a handrail.
Fuck man, even I can do kickflip backtails on ledges
Wow, what an original insult! Get off Reynolds balls! That's sooo funny! How did you think of that?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2007, 12:00:55 PM »
Its not a joke jackass. Stop being so defensive of a guy you don't know when he isn't being attacked in the first place. Not that your comeback even validated a word you said...

otis b driftwood

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »
bastien was good as fuck.

his lordz part was sick, lots of lines and different tricks.

simon

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2007, 12:06:02 PM »
reynolds did a sw 270 front board in this is skateboarding?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2007, 12:15:00 PM »
Really? fair enough.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »
Big fucking deal. Bastien has tons of tricks and is way more tech than Reynolds.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

daboss

• Rep: -56
  • ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2007, 02:52:27 PM »
maybe the kid was a cocky douche bag? Ever think of that? I've met him on more than one occasion and guess what, he was a cocky douche bag to me and my friends. He was arrogant and snooty and didn't want to have the time of day for my 12 year old nephew who thought he was a skateboarding god. Fucking douche-bag.

otis b driftwood

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2007, 03:06:01 PM »

a 30 year old guy, his "buddies" and a 12 year old pressed up against the barrier at a demo waving a flip poster at him and he didn't want to chat?

fuck bastien.

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2007, 03:20:05 PM »
cocky douche bag?

a cocky douche bag

Fucking douche-bag.

john

« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2007, 03:23:54 PM »
Its not a joke jackass. Stop being so defensive of a guy you don't know when he isn't being attacked in the first place. Not that your comeback even validated a word you said...
All I did was tell you that your post didn't make sense. Then you got all defensive and tried to act like it did, by contradicting the everything you said before.

daboss

• ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2007, 04:53:27 PM »

a 30 year old guy, his "buddies" and a 12 year old pressed up against the barrier at a demo waving a flip poster at him and he didn't want to chat?

fuck bastien.

Actually no, it wasn't like that at all. You should stop making assumptions. It was after the demo and we were all chillin. All the other pros were nice and accommodating but bastian was a total douche. Isn't it his JOB to have fans and treat them good?

CRO MAG

• Rep: -1
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2007, 05:36:52 PM »
poopy pants was pretty yanni.

Brutus the Barber

• Rep: 0
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2007, 06:33:53 PM »
I may have a pair of scissors in my hands, and I'll be doing a little bit of struttin' & cuttin' when I'm done!

miff

• Rep: -7
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2007, 12:43:05 PM »
Expand Quote
I never understood people hating on him, that kid is good as shit and always has been. What can he not do? Him combined with Ali Boulala and Mark Appleyard made Sorry one of the best videos of the 2000s.
[close]

people hate kids...even more so those that self cheer....

Isn't it a bit weird to have this international law, that if you self cheer, youre an asshole? I mean the kids from the Congo, moved to France in his early teens ( I'm pretty sure )... Isn't there a possibility that there are cultural differences... This is a kid from an entirely different up-bringing than almost any of us...  and we're going to shit on him, because he's "overly - glad" to have landed a trick...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:45:43 PM by miff »

miff

« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2007, 12:49:06 PM »
Expand Quote

fuck bastien.
[close]

Isn't it his JOB to have fans and treat them good?

No.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I never understood people hating on him, that kid is good as shit and always has been. What can he not do? Him combined with Ali Boulala and Mark Appleyard made Sorry one of the best videos of the 2000s.
[close]

[close]

Isn't it a bit weird to have this international law, that if you self cheer, youre an asshole? I mean the kids from the Congo, moved to France in his early teens ( I'm pretty sure )... Isn't there a possibility that there are cultural differences... This is a kid from an entirely different up-bringing than almost any of us...  and we're going to shit on him, because he's "overly - glad" to have landed a trick...

in the forms of 'self-cheering' there's a huge difference in looking psyched about landing a trick and looking like 'im sooo much better than the rest of you'
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

Bruce Wayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2007, 01:35:45 PM »

you don't see jb, lucas, or rousseau doing that shit, do you?
sometimes the "things" and "friends" you enjoy the most, will hurt you the most, and play an ultimate factor in how you leave this earth.
-sheffledge
half of you probably cant even tre.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2007, 01:39:05 PM »
His style is pretty shitty at times, but he's got a deep bag of tricks.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

daboss

• ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2007, 01:39:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

fuck bastien.
[close]

Isn't it his JOB to have fans and treat them good?
[close]

Oh, i thought it was an unwritten law in skateboarding to NOT be a douche bag... my bad.

No.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »
how many times have you seen him self cheer? i can't remember more than a few and there's hardly a chance for that in any skatepart... if you haven't seen his lordz part, then look no further...

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2007, 02:18:52 PM »
a few times, is a few times too many.
I need a coffee

LRGeek

• Rep: 0
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2007, 02:30:53 PM »
im sure if you were as famous as bastien and everytime you skated people were wanting to film you or hound you you wouldnt really be that stoked on it, and bastiens put a lot more than two sections out hes had numerous sections and appearances in the european puzzl dvds that had a lot more variations of tricks you assume he can only do aswell as a sick part in the lordz they dont give a fuck about us video...
who gives a fuck if he cheers himself hes better than any of us will ever be and hes probably got the talent to always go far if he wants to get back on it, maybe he is on it while you lot are all making up stories of him shooting up heroin.
i have heard from a guy who films for 411 in europe who was skating with him last year that he was gone a bit on the tweaked side wandering around talking to himself all day and kissin the skatepark rails, maybe hes sorted himself out be good to see some more footage maybe in the alis vid

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2007, 02:37:12 PM »
All I did was tell you that your post didn't make sense. Then you got all defensive and tried to act like it did, by contradicting the everything you said before.
....is what you claim;

Wow, what an original insult! Get off Reynolds balls! That's sooo funny! How did you think of that?

....Is what you actually said. My post did make sense. Otherts agreed with me. You apparently are just stupid.

as for Bastien, he may have a public relations problem, which is reason enough to drop him. And yeah, treating fans right is a huge part of a pro's job. He is essentially sselling himself. His money comes from selling decks with his name, selling shoes with his name, and being popular enough that his name on a video will bring in buyers. Without a fanbase, he's got nothing- maybe contest money, but that is a shitty way to do it.

miff

« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2007, 02:44:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

in the forms of 'self-cheering' there's a huge difference in looking psyched about landing a trick and looking like 'im sooo much better than the rest of you'

Please show evidence of Bastien looking / feeling that way.