Author Topic: Hair Loss in Skateboarding  (Read 14132 times)

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Hair Loss in Skateboarding
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2023, 11:21:39 AM »
idk why but it always felt like bald dudes were more prone to hit their head in skate videos

Matt Mumford lol
ONTARIO CANADA

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2023, 12:31:29 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that producing alot of testosterone contributes to baldness. Not sure if true or not.
I’m currently fighting the good fight, to the amusement of some of my friend group who’ve nicknamed my ever growing crown ‘the biscuit’.
If we were road tripping back in the day somewhere in a car and i was in the passenger seat, someone in the back would lick thier finger and touch the biscuit making it feel balder and bigger especially if the windows rolled down. Currently shaved head but im gonna embrace the balding and have another crack at a few inches growth

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2023, 12:36:38 PM »
idk why but it always felt like bald dudes were more prone to hit their head in skate videos

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2023, 12:40:02 PM »
Ahah was just about to mention the Omar thing !!

Fuck given my age this thread is giving me anxiety. I’m 30 and my older brothers have shaved their heads since they were like 17 so idk where the hell I could fall.

And this is RIGHT after someone told me my hair is thin but she has the thickest hair I’ve ever touched so I don’t know what to even think. Paranoia mode on…

And I already have anxiety on my own and drink a good amount. Fuck I need to relax more and make some changes ….

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2023, 12:44:32 PM »
Is it true it’s all genetics ?
I haven't gone through all the thread if someone addressed this, but genetic wise, baldness is inherited from your mom's side according to that one genetics class I took in community college years ago.
in short, if one of your mom's parents is bald, you'll eventually go bald as well.
I know I didn't answer your question if environment plays a role on baldness, but here u go

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2023, 12:50:36 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that producing alot of testosterone contributes to baldness. Not sure if true or not.

Not true. It was just a myth so bald people could feel more manly.

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2023, 01:47:55 PM »
i think balding is hot (as long as it's even), it's my preferred hairstyle on other guys, actually.

but of course, i'm not going bald, even though i'd enjoy it.
and i've worn a hat almost everyday since 2004, no hair loss from that.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2023, 02:49:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Creager
Mumford
Penny
Salman
[close]

4 years later but penny is bald? I always wondered.

Penny used to have a great head of hair, I’m not sure what’s going on under that beanie.

That old Max Palmer part someone found shows the fact he was a hair farmer but subsequently lost it fairly young

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 25
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2023, 02:57:11 PM »
Chris Haslam chopped his mane.  Saw him a couple months ago and he had a fresh cut and looked to be balding up top.  All those years of rockin' the slouch beanie i suppose