Author Topic: Hair Loss in Skateboarding  (Read 14122 times)

themeangreen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -75
Re: Hair Loss in Skateboarding
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2019, 08:55:36 PM »
Nick Boserio hasn't been mentioned. Dudes one of the gnarliest out there. The guy has an amazing beard and his hair is going faster than him. Also Polar has the best team, shapes and graphics out right now.

Gilbert looks like his hair is gonna go pretty quick too. The Crockett 3 with the thinned out waffle cup.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 08:57:15 PM by themeangreen »

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2019, 10:24:11 PM »
hmm...

sorry bud <3 you slash

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2019, 10:48:43 PM »
Didn’t Marc Johnson start going losing his hair when he was in his early 20’s?

MJ was already developing a harsh widow's peak in his sponsor me video.  Dude was folically fucked from the get go.  No wonder he bic'd that shit from early on. 

Keep Max. B in a supermax

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2019, 11:08:53 PM »
My temples are starting to creep back. its scary, tempted to grow the hair out to hide it btu it always looks shite.
i'm hoping a full beard comes in soon then ill just go full Ragnar lothbrok wid it

also,the redbull/monser hat brigade are all half bald under those heinous bonnets

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2019, 04:15:07 AM »

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2019, 04:34:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
pure Asians don't go bald. Daewon is gonna have waves forever.
 Chief used to bug me out,  he had receding hairline in WTH but then he'd grow long hair in his next video part. i was like 'motherfucker, is you balding or is you not?'
he cockteased us for like 20 yrs before actually relinquishing any more golden locks.
i have no idea if this is true but i heard somewhere that Ryan 'the bum' Hickey lost hair and that's why Supreme let him go.
Gershon punched Andrew Reynolds so hard his hair fell out.
Barker Barrett didn't have much going on upstairs long as i remember.
[close]

Damn. Half the mainland Chinese guys at my work are balding. Guess their moms have some explaining to do.
[close]
ha, i guess it happens sometimes but it might be miscegenation or my theory could be wrong. basically native americans never seem to loose their hair and since they're just Chinese immigrants from a few millenia back, i extrapolated the whole continent were bald proof.
[close]

Ive lived on band land and id reccomend not saying "just chinese immigrants" to any of the rez people i know.  Yah theyve got some of the best senses of humor in the world but i know they wont be diggin that one.

Definitely not. I hazard to talk about race on slap but I think different people from different bands, as they are called in Canada all have different origin stories and beliefs. I have a couple First Nation friends who are more like atheists but take part in the traditions et. They did 23 and me like me. Both had a mix of Polynesian and Eurasian step people haplogroupes.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2019, 05:58:30 AM »
Going bald is tough when you’re in yer 20s. Just stay in shape and join dollar shave club.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2019, 06:15:38 AM »
David Gonzales looks like one of those Filipino folklore demons who cloaks themselves as an old woman while the sun is up then at night they steal your penis.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2019, 06:24:26 AM »
I work with a native american girl with long black hair, dresses in black denim pants and some random element skate shoes.
She's really cool and i sometimes crush on her but I can't get over how closely she resembles a clean shaven DGon
from what i hear she definitely steals penises too

I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

Chanel West Coast

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2019, 06:41:40 AM »
Yea whoever said it earlier, men care a lot more about balding than women do.

I think this thread is funny but i didnt realize how into it some of you guys got.  Id rather see someone not so gracefully balding then to have that herrington/sketchy facial hair skaters alwyas tend to get because they are lazy.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2019, 07:10:32 AM »
David Gonzales looks like one of those Filipino folklore demons who cloaks themselves as an old woman while the sun is up then at night they steal your penis.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2019, 07:45:18 AM »
I respected Brockman back in the day for going bald but not going full beanie or shaved head. You just don't see many men not giving a fuck about it and just letting what it left flow.

Everybody just does the MJ (that could be either Marc Johnson or Michael Jordan). Just shave it all off.
I remember when I was a kid in the 80s and a totally bald person was such a novel and silly thing. Now they're everywhere and seeing someone whose bald without a shaved head is rare.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

topblagger

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2019, 07:48:41 AM »
I'm 40 and have been shaving my noggin since I was 13, at first just cos a mate did his and then cos' with a mortgage comes brokeness and I can't be fucked with $20 for a trim. And I still have a full head of hair, just can't be fucked with it.

Honestly, shave that shit. Clippers are literally $15 a set from Kmart. People will look at you odd for like a week then just get over it.
Or get a head tattoo and then no one will notice anyway.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2023, 08:46:58 AM »
Is Penny bald now? Hasn't had hair or no beanie/hat clips for a few years

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2023, 08:50:40 AM »
max palmer has already been mentioned but i just wanna add: he has had some of the most drastic hair loss in the game but he pulls it off pretty well

first he had that insanely jacked up knotty long hair, paired with a receding hairline, and since his style was so weird and his clothes were so trashed it looked kinda cool. extremely fucked up, but cool.

then he went for the buzz and paired it with some mutton chops, a bold move since mutton chops are not exactly popular right now, but it looks pretty solid

and he aint hiding under a hat or anything like that.

gotta respect it. other bald mfs take note, that's how you do it.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2023, 08:55:20 AM »
Rocking a bald spot, one of the advantages of losing your hair in your early twenties is that you have time to process it, most of the dudes i know that lost their hair in their early 30s trip about it way more. other people care  about me having a bald spot more than i do.

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 25
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2023, 09:14:16 AM »
I definitely recall seeing an old photo of Daewon and he was clearly thinning. Then I saw a more recent pic where he had a shaved head but it looked like he'd had one of those fake hairline deals, where each follicle of hair is tattoo'd on.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2023, 09:20:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
pure Asians don't go bald. Daewon is gonna have waves forever.
 Chief used to bug me out,  he had receding hairline in WTH but then he'd grow long hair in his next video part. i was like 'motherfucker, is you balding or is you not?'
he cockteased us for like 20 yrs before actually relinquishing any more golden locks.
i have no idea if this is true but i heard somewhere that Ryan 'the bum' Hickey lost hair and that's why Supreme let him go.
Gershon punched Andrew Reynolds so hard his hair fell out.
Barker Barrett didn't have much going on upstairs long as i remember.
[close]

Damn. Half the mainland Chinese guys at my work are balding. Guess their moms have some explaining to do.
[close]
ha, i guess it happens sometimes but it might be miscegenation or my theory could be wrong. basically native americans never seem to loose their hair and since they're just Chinese immigrants from a few millenia back, i extrapolated the whole continent were bald proof.

I know it’s an old post and this person has been banned, but it’s actually astonishing how wrong this is.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2023, 09:44:43 AM »
I didn’t start losing my hair until I hit 44 (I’m 46 now), but have always kept a short cut anyways and always had a big forehead. My younger brother went bald in his early 20’s.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2023, 10:10:19 AM »
Brandon Turner went bald up front but he kept the dreads going and hid the rest under a hat. I’d be curious to see Steezus’s hairline.

There was a episode where they were discussing balding and Roger said something to Steezus about him hiding a little bald spot. Steezus got super defensive and mad but still never took the hat off to prove it.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

FirstTimeCaller411

• Rep: -12
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2023, 11:07:55 AM »
Anyone try Hims?

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2023, 12:17:00 PM »
Sheckler is definitely losing the battle ...

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2023, 12:35:41 PM »
Anyone try Hims?

I was prescribed the hair regrowth stuff from Hims. I looked up post-finasteride disorder and figured I’d rather be bald. They were cool with canceling and refunding my prescription when I said that was the reason

fuck you bama

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2023, 01:30:56 PM »
I shaved off a full head of hair. Forehead is getting a lil bigger and hair a little thinner, so i sed see ya later head of hair. Really though, i see plenty of dudes and women with buns and long hair whose foreheads are far more exposed than mine was but it was like clinging to my perception of youth or whatever.

Regardless, i started going gray in my early 20s, now i got head full grey/white hair at 38. Ill take it.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2023, 01:48:55 PM »
I've got the worst hair line out of anyone I've ever seen. its like a widows peak, but only on the left side, kind of like Eddie Munster. I've been preparing since I was 14 that I was going bald, but I'm 30 now so whatever. Slesh will forever be my favorite bald skater and I hope he's doing better

WavyDavy

• Rep: 129
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2023, 02:05:22 PM »
Realized I will be bald at 19 when I saw a huge blank spot on the back of my head in a mirror. At one point in my I couldn't ignore myself getting thinner hair and balding. And getting comments from friends and family which weren't meant negatively but still were tough to handle because of my low self esteem at the time.

The worst part is trying to stop it with hormone-like meds that up your testosterone levels and your whole body and mind. Thanks to my dad (also bald) who bought me all this stuff and even tried to convince me getting a hair transplantion. WTF was he thinking.

I regret shaving my head so late at 27. Should've done it earlier. Its sich a waste of time and energy thinking about your thinning hair and what haircut should have, what hat to wear and so on.
Having unwashed, unstyled sweaty hair and your bald spot and thin hair can be seen.

But seeing all your friends with normal hair can be really tough.
Now I'm 32 and don't care about my bald head.

Seeing now the trend of younger people rocking shaved heads is great.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2023, 02:14:15 PM »
I always get a little nervous when I’m around someone that you can tell isn’t balding but has a shaved head.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2023, 02:15:53 PM »
Is it true it’s all genetics ?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2023, 02:32:07 PM »
I heard that you go bald if you vibe a little too hard

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -617
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2023, 02:32:50 PM »
Is it true it’s all genetics ?

I went down a hair-loss rabbithole like 6 years ago. i started doing some ocd-type behaviors about hair loss, eg counting how many hairs i would lose whenever i showered and not touching my hair for fear of it falling out. a lot of men in my family are fully bald or partly bald. anyway i came to the conclusion that A LOT of the time hair loss is caused by underlying health issues eg diabetes or other blood sugar issues, hormone imbalances and auto-immune conditions such as celiac's disease. not all the time but enough of the time that i think if you are losing your hair rapidly it's a good idea to evaluate your general health. i did so at the time and made some big dietary and lifestyle changes. not sure if this actually made a difference but fwiw i still have an almost full head of hair at 28 aside from some minor receding... this is uncharacteristic of my family. i also care way less at this point too but 6 years ago i thought i would be fully bald by now
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?