Author Topic: Independent hollow kingpins  (Read 1157 times)

talklessSkateMore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -40
Independent hollow kingpins
« on: April 20, 2019, 07:25:12 AM »
I have a relatively new set of forged hollow independents that have 1 stripped hollow kingpin..

The kingpin nut is spinning in place towards the top of the kingpin.. I can cut that bitch off and attempt to re thread the bold, but I want to see if that's the right thing to do beforehand..

I don't want free shit from NHS.. I'll buy a new hollow kingpin if they are down to sell me one..

I've sent emails/dm's to both the local shop and nhs about it. Busy weekend but I don't feel a reply coming any time soon
it said to learn how to tie for a reason.
This is all structured as a trap.
Tied by those who know the fundamentals.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
Re: Independent hollow kingpins
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 08:20:56 AM »
If you have a 10 000W high precision fibre laser metal cutting machine lying around set to a 1068mm wavelength with a high speed flat pull exchange way you can cut that sucker off no problem.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 08:50:54 AM »
You could just buy a die from your local to rethread the kingpin. 3/8 24tpi should be the correct measurements. (5/16,24tpi for axels)

I got this one for like $6-7 at the store for one of my own kingpins a couple years ago

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/tools/hand-tools/taps-and-dies/23155?x429=true&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6NPm34Lf4QIVjLxkCh2mzQxZEAQYBCABEgIkXvD_BwE

talklessSkateMore

• Rep: -40
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 05:29:48 PM »
For sure, that's the plan. The shop replied and said they'd check it out, even replace it if that's required
it said to learn how to tie for a reason.
This is all structured as a trap.
Tied by those who know the fundamentals.