Author Topic: Skatergirl in Brooklyn  (Read 38297 times)

Thomas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
Re: Skatergirl in Brooklyn
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2019, 07:35:45 AM »
So just because some girls have 2 millions views doing nothing on a skateboard mean that you can/have to do it too ?

Please don't skate for views or success, it looks like you started skateboarding not long ago : stick to it, and do it for yourself.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Rollininpretty

• Rep: -36
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2019, 08:11:01 AM »
So just because some girls have 2 millions views doing nothing on a skateboard mean that you can/have to do it too ?

Please don't skate for views or success, it looks like you started skateboarding not long ago : stick to it, and do it for yourself.

I’ve been skating nine years. No I’m not as good as all the females we see in videos, but I’m pushing myself to progress. Not looking to be rewarded but thanks for viewing

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2019, 08:56:47 AM »
I just scrolled through your insta while on the pooper. Were you born in the 90's, hence the #90skid tag? I didn't know dressing up in (old) 90's clothes was a thing yet. Now I know how the fucks that grew up in other decades felt about people posing in "older time" clothes.

I'm just grumpy and constipated and my hemorrhoids are flaring up again. I'll be okay.

Don't get older, it's not worth it.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2019, 09:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more opportunities for what exactly?
[close]

Either film or photo
[close]

Don't get ahead of yourself, you're not there yet. No photographer is gonna waste his time shooting a mob 180 down a 3 stair. Just skate for fun and keep pushing yourself. Just have a friend film you with your phone or put your phone on a mini tripod if you wanna get footage. When you're good enough things will happen naturally.
[close]

Winecrab's advice is fantastic and something you should strongly consider. Work more on your skating and less/ more self awareness on the gram, i took a quick look on your advice. But then again i find 90% of whats on instagram cringy.
[close]

Then again , I’m just having fun. The things I see on Instagram these days are extremely cringy and much worse than my you tube video. Half the people I see on there can’t ollie yet get 2 million views
[close]

get some self awareness

I'm going to have to question if there was a roll away.

Rollininpretty

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2019, 09:36:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
more opportunities for what exactly?
[close]

Either film or photo
[close]

Don't get ahead of yourself, you're not there yet. No photographer is gonna waste his time shooting a mob 180 down a 3 stair. Just skate for fun and keep pushing yourself. Just have a friend film you with your phone or put your phone on a mini tripod if you wanna get footage. When you're good enough things will happen naturally.
[close]

Winecrab's advice is fantastic and something you should strongly consider. Work more on your skating and less/ more self awareness on the gram, i took a quick look on your advice. But then again i find 90% of whats on instagram cringy.
[close]

Then again , I’m just having fun. The things I see on Instagram these days are extremely cringy and much worse than my you tube video. Half the people I see on there can’t ollie yet get 2 million views
[close]

get some self awareness

[close]
I'm going to have to question if there was a roll away.

I chose to post a video without a clean roll away. I can easily post another

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2019, 11:24:49 AM »
at least you have a trainer and stylist locked in.

Rollininpretty

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2019, 12:20:00 PM »

I’ve been skating a long time. What I’ve been seeing lately does not even meet industry standards and makes me cringe.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2019, 12:22:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ve been skating a long time. What I’ve been seeing lately does not even meet industry standards and makes me cringe.

define industry standard

Rollininpretty

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2019, 12:24:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So just because some girls have 2 millions views doing nothing on a skateboard mean that you
can/have to do it too ?

[close]

[close]

define industry standard

I guess it’s not about what you “can” do

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2019, 12:36:22 PM »
oh ok

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2019, 02:21:55 PM »
So, who wants to take bets on how many pages this thread will end up being? I'm shooting for at least 15.
The streets await

Cockaigne

• Rep: 0
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »
That part was really sick. The Alexis one.

Rollininpretty

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2019, 06:54:33 PM »
Get dat shrimp;

Only advice I have from observation is '' Don't be that girl''.  And what I mean by that is being overly active filming your progress through social media; not saying not to document. I love filming my friends progress for her, she only started a year and a half ago but seems to get something new everytime we go out.

Here in Toronto we have this group called the ''babes brigade'' they started out rad, encouraging young girls to shred and giving a safe space to do it in.  Then it got to the leaders head; then she started using social fallacies to shame skaters if they don't give them half the park to practice in.  We are all skaters, fucking girl skaters or guy skaters, little kid skaters, gay skaters. Fuck, I'm over this social justice political correctness shit.  I'm gonna shut the fuck up and go skate. Rant over.

Must be because the new generation is afraid to skate with guys and thinks they are racist

Heather Chandler

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2019, 07:47:20 PM »
Be like Julien, film nothing...take photos of nothing.  Just skate and be happy you found something better than just going to the gym.

Rollininpretty

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2019, 08:30:49 PM »
Get dat shrimp;

Only advice I have from observation is '' Don't be that girl''.  And what I mean by that is being overly active filming your progress through social media; not saying not to document. I love filming my friends progress for her, she only started a year and a half ago but seems to get something new everytime we go out.

Here in Toronto we have this group called the ''babes brigade'' they started out rad, encouraging young girls to shred and giving a safe space to do it in.  Then it got to the leaders head; then she started using social fallacies to shame skaters if they don't give them half the park to practice in.  We are all skaters, fucking girl skaters or guy skaters, little kid skaters, gay skaters. Fuck, I'm over this social justice political correctness shit.  I'm gonna shut the fuck up and go skate. Rant over.

Overly actively filming progress. Something I commonly see on Instagram with girls. Somehow it always wins the popular vote. Yet there’s so much talent unrecognized

Fred Savage

« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2019, 09:46:06 PM »
Pro as fuck

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2019, 09:57:24 PM »
Overly actively filming progress. Something I commonly see on Instagram with girls. Somehow it always wins the popular vote. Yet there’s so much talent unrecognized

Such as who?
The streets await

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2019, 02:50:09 AM »
Gonna have to say that coming on here for advice then coming up with any or all reason to avoid the genuine advice being given makes you a kook. All your little rebuttals on here up your kookness, and your instagram cements you as a kook, your instagram is disgusting.

Everyone was nice for the most part on pages 1& 2, some genuine advice there, but please Pals let the roasting begin. your attitude and entitled demeanor is vile

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2019, 04:31:40 AM »
When I quit skating and started riding BMX years ago...I wasn't good at BMX. Like, at all. And I took every opportunity to have pictures or videos of my riding (and especially so when Instagram came along) to, I dunno...prove that I belonged. I posted a lot of stuff on there of me on my bike. Then I finally realized that my home was on a board. I have been back skating for almost a year now and I rarely post my skating...because I just like to skate and I know I don't have to prove shit.

What I am trying to say is, everyone handles things differently and if you wanna film yourself all the time doing whatever, then go for it. But don't get too defensive if some people don't like it because we're all processing things through different experiences.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2019, 04:54:11 AM »
When I quit skating and started riding BMX years ago...I wasn't good at BMX. Like, at all. And I took every opportunity to have pictures or videos of my riding (and especially so when Instagram came along) to, I dunno...prove that I belonged. I posted a lot of stuff on there of me on my bike. Then I finally realized that my home was on a board. I have been back skating for almost a year now and I rarely post my skating...because I just like to skate and I know I don't have to prove shit.

What I am trying to say is, everyone handles things differently and if you wanna film yourself all the time doing whatever, then go for it. But don't get too defensive if some people don't like it because we're all processing things through different experiences.

I think there's a strong divide between generations in that aspect. Filming yourself doing anything before cell phones took some concerted effort. Now people post videos of themselves taking a dump on Instagram.

thebacker

« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2019, 05:04:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think there's a strong divide between generations in that aspect. Filming yourself doing anything before cell phones took some concerted effort. Now people post videos of themselves taking a dump on Instagram.

what accounts do you follow? (asking for a friend)

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2019, 05:47:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Get dat shrimp;

[close]

how do you have absolutely have no self awareness? i saw a story of yours the other day where you had 6 stories of you trying a basic flatground trick.

i dont think ive ever come across a females instagram that is littered with bails and attempted ollies as much as yours.

also why the fuck are you following 7k people?

Rollininpretty

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2019, 06:17:42 AM »
Gonna have to say that coming on here for advice then coming up with any or all reason to avoid the genuine advice being given makes you a kook. All your little rebuttals on here up your kookness, and your instagram cements you as a kook, your instagram is disgusting.

Everyone was nice for the most part on pages 1& 2,
 some genuine advice there, but please Pals let the roasting begin. your attitude and entitled demeanor is vile

Ok so I need to post clips of me going big to be approved? Based upon what I’m currently doing, I know that I am capable of a lot more but thanks

Rollininpretty

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2019, 06:22:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Get dat shrimp;

[close]

[close]

how do you have absolutely have no self awareness? i saw a story of yours the other day where you had 6 stories of you trying a basic flatground trick.

i dont think ive ever come across a females instagram that is littered with bails and attempted ollies as much as yours.

I’d like to see what your doing to see how much better you are than me. Compared to other girls, I’m not the best out there but I’m attempting to put myself out there.

Rollininpretty

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2019, 06:25:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

what accounts do you follow? (asking for a friend)

If your on there and even do a basic search on girl skaters you’d see the people getting the most hits. Even on here there are a few write ups on girls involved in skateboarding. Based upon what I see , as bad as I am I think I’m more experienced than some

honey island

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2019, 06:29:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Get dat shrimp;

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’d like to see what your doing to see how much better you are than me. Compared to other girls, I’m not the best out there but I’m attempting to put myself out there.

i'm cara beth burnside. put some repsect on my name you pissant

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2019, 06:36:55 AM »

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2019, 07:08:07 AM »
Only advice I can give you...

-Of not off

-Shalom is used for greetings and goodbyes, terms of endearment, and filler nouns when speaking positively of something

- Pray for KB every day, him and his family needs it

-If you can find Mark Sucui's 2nd shoe, buy it

There, I just made you a half decent bank skater.

Ocelot

« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2019, 07:25:27 AM »
the bar is so low that somebody who posts bails of them trying to ollie a 2step can confidently say "I'm better than most other girls on instagram" lol

half of her photos are thirst traps, half are bails

one said "woke up early, feeling creative" and had her with a notepad

these dumb narcissists have no shame & will inevitably blame "the patriarchy" and shit on other girl skaters when it suits

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2019, 07:40:22 AM »
that be it as it may, i like her better than the 'we need girl spaces to reclaim skateboarding from white males' types.
this girl is wil'in but she skates w/ guys and doesn't think they're racist or whatever so she's ahead of a lot of other ones. if you wait a yr or 2 before you bust out your skate pics but keep putting in the work, it'll be a lot better. you're young so your skating will improve leaps and bounds yr to yr and you're gonna be embarassed by this footage in 6 months. you'll be aight girl, put in work and if you wanna share it later, god bless. i can't tell anyone not to film since i like seeing myself but i also don't have anything from my first few yrs and that's a good thing.
you got moxie, kid.