Author Topic: israel and palestine  (Read 16063 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1196
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: israel and palestine
« Reply #330 on: April 06, 2024, 10:05:55 AM »
If you are an American tax-payer or voter you certainly do have 'skin in the game,' like it or not.

Yes we very much do. 

No matter how much everyone wishes otherwise. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

meg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -64
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2024, 10:57:31 AM »
If you frame it that way that makes every American a israel supporter.

Phil Leotardo

• Rep: -8
  • Lemme tell you a couple of three things
« Reply #332 on: April 06, 2024, 02:07:32 PM »
There's no scraps in my scrapbook

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2024, 03:59:25 PM »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 970
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2024, 09:23:01 PM »
Remember Tramp said the CIA wanted to attack Iran. I assumed it bullshit misdirection till now. This is all part of the elites mechanism set into motion in the late 70s early 80s. America has always been against Iran. Until just before desert storm after Kuwait. My heart goes out to all the regular people just being held a hostage by these horrendous war bastards. Anyone who choses blood over peace should never lead nations.

I have a question. Does Hezbollah consider all citizens of Israel military personnel? On account of the training for the service? Because the attacks seems indiscriminate. Attacking civilians invites Israel to invade Lebanon. Syrian militants will escalate and it continues.

Im still wondering why Republicans love Russia. Arnt they down with Iran? Thats confusing. Cuz it seems to me they just want to make get back the oil rights BP? lost. I assume arout the time of the 7 sisters.

We heading towards some Mad Max if we dont stop regardless
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2024, 09:09:25 AM »
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2024, 11:06:30 AM »
I wanna make sure that fools know I ain't got a side. I want two state solution. I understand the strategic value of the heights.

If these two systems didn't exist then there's no more fight.
(A)pl(E)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #337 on: April 14, 2024, 01:33:43 PM »
Originally posted this in the lame insta thread, but removed it to avoid corrupting that thread more

Re:Biden not strong enough on Israel.

I disagree with the narrative about Biden and Israel. I disagree for the following reasons:
1. Bibi tells Biden/the State Department he'll do one thing and then does something else because he is just biding time until the election. He knows if Trump gets back into office he can torture children on the street and/or start a war with Iran and Trump will support him.
2. A key part of the democratic coalition are Jewish voters. Liberal / non-ultra orthodox Jewish people are reacting to this situation in a very complicated manner. Ezra Klein has discussed this many times and the recent special election in Long Island required the democratic candidate to support Israel.
3. Biden has imposed sanctions on some Israelis for their settlements, Trump supported settlers.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/us-expected-impose-new-sanctions-against-occupied-west-bank-outposts-axios-2024-03-14/
https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN27D23W/
4. Generation matters, for younger people we often view Israel as a very powerful rich country bullying (to put it very gently) its weaker neighbor, but older people view it from the lens of a nation that is surrounded by much larger and more powerful oil rich enemies. Getting an entire generation to shift its view of Israel from victim to victimizer isn't going to be easy. I mean look at the older people reacting to facebook nonsense about last night's attacks, "Why should Israel be able to 'defend' itself against Iran?" These responses ignore Israel's attack on the consulate that spurred Iran's reaction, but everything is viewed as Israel as the victim and the narrative can go on forever Iran attack Israel < Israel attacked the consulate < Iranian backed militias have been attacking Israel < and so on.
5. Bibi is a fucking dildo. He is a hard right asshole who is trying to avoid being persecuted for his crimes. He campaigned for McCain in our fucking congress as a fuck you to Obama. I wouldn't be surprised if every single Republican is encouraging Bibi to ignore the current administration and tell them they will do everything and anything to demonize Biden or anyone blue if they quickly shift course. The slow shift is already being framed as traitorous and other such nonsense.

We seem to often pretend America has a parliament system where big shifts can be pushed through against the opposition's will. By design our country does shit slowly and gives power to the opposition party, which--on top of all sorts of other political considerations--makes it hard for big/fast changes. Republicans will do everything possible make sure Democrats don't get their way or even get a win. Look at the border deal, Democrats gave Republicans their wet dream border legislation and they backed out cause it would have given Biden a win, not because they disagreed with the legislation. Oppositions have power and this seems to be ignored when discussing this issue.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?