Author Topic: Mental Health Issues  (Read 39598 times)

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 117
  • evensteven
Re: Mental Health Issues
« Reply #180 on: September 17, 2019, 01:27:38 PM »
too depressed to get help, last time i tried the prick kept inferring that i was on meth. everyone thinks im a drug addict in my town, doesn't help being skinny and tall living on $50 a week for food and the area is known for meth.

i isolate a ton, only therapist i talk to now is my old one who is retired and in the beginning stages of dementia..

im literally on my fucking own and i am my own worst enemy..
even the steven

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2019, 01:42:54 PM »
too depressed to get help, last time i tried the prick kept inferring that i was on meth. everyone thinks im a drug addict in my town, doesn't help being skinny and tall living on $50 a week for food and the area is known for meth.

i isolate a ton, only therapist i talk to now is my old one who is retired and in the beginning stages of dementia..

Where are you at? Can you get or need insurance or food assistance? Definitely look into it if you can. Do you have any  friends that you are really close too? If so talk to them for sure. Maybe try and meet up with some pals on here  and skate.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2019, 11:33:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Where are you at? Can you get or need insurance or food assistance? Definitely look into it if you can. Do you have any  friends that you are really close too? If so talk to them for sure. Maybe try and meet up with some pals on here  and skate.

i live in california, around the sac area. the $200 i get a month for food is from welfare. i keep intending on getting help but for some reason i can't get the wheels turning. i do not have many close friends that understand, most of my social circle has kinda drifted off, i find it tough to make friends. could be the area but i am also an odd person and i have trouble asking for help or reaching out to people, i dont know why.

mushrooms were helping but i ran out, i keep myself invovled in music projects and art when im not skating. i've really been trying to find the "right" people i guess
cuz when i try to make friends around my area i am always left running back to my cave. i think thats why i skate alone in parking lots, so i can focus and i dont have to be a punchline to some fuck who wants to look cool in front of the homies.
even the steven

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2019, 12:37:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

i live in california, around the sac area. the $200 i get a month for food is from welfare. i keep intending on getting help but for some reason i can't get the wheels turning. i do not have many close friends that understand, most of my social circle has kinda drifted off, i find it tough to make friends. could be the area but i am also an odd person and i have trouble asking for help or reaching out to people, i dont know why.

mushrooms were helping but i ran out, i keep myself invovled in music projects and art when im not skating. i've really been trying to find the "right" people i guess
cuz when i try to make friends around my area i am always left running back to my cave. i think thats why i skate alone in parking lots, so i can focus and i dont have to be a punchline to some fuck who wants to look cool in front of the homies.
Apply for medical at the same place you get your foodstamps.
www.mybenefitscalwin.org

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2019, 10:08:59 AM »
I started micro dosing today.

I’ll post my results in a week or two
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

AssFlea

« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2019, 06:38:06 AM »
Finally going to use this led poem

Forced Reality

Someone carry me away from here
I wish to be far far far away from here
Before I pass on
I brace for the drop

I launch after I drop

Reality I am Atlas

I can feel the spinal cuff

Crushing

When I practice free thought
Fiberoptic leads back up to the world I forgot

I'll try to forget it all I awaken

Replace my muddy bone marrow

Distraught

Unplug my sickened heart

Distraught

Replace my cancerous mind

Distraught

Reloaded

Suspended

Animation

Free thought

Suspended

Animation

Free thought

Distraught

Distract me

Distraught

The hand was descending

The weight is too much

The hand has retracted

The veil reinjected

In reality my name was atlas
The rest I forgot
My back hurts as I sit here
I have too many thoughts

Distraught

_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

animalflesh

« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2019, 09:01:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey y’all idk if this needs to be said but Ive been off my medication for about almost 4 months now (successfully with no issues)and I have some 2 little things of advice/caution for those taking or considering taking Lexapro
1. It can make you horribly OCD. I had been taking the medication for almost about a year and I’d say about 3 months into it, it made me have horrible hand-washing issues. Like I had to wash my hands exactly 5-7 times at the sink type shit. I also had OCD about making my shoes match with my board and other very stressful things.
2. It can make sex difficult to say the least. Won’t get too into it but if you already have physical issues in your sex life I strongly advise you not to take the medication.
I hope someone uses this info to their advantage cuz I really wish someone would of told me this beforehand
[close]
I never heard the OCD thing. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't know Lexapro and the onset of OCD are related. I can back you on the sexual side effects in that it's very common in antidepressants. In fact I've personally never been on an antidepressant that didn't lead to a measure of dysfunction. Luckily that's not an issue for my lifestyle, but I can see it being a very prominent one for a lot of people. One that could potentially lead to deepening depression.
[close]
I looked into it before and although the the meds don’t inherently give you OCD, SSRIs can it seems strengthen or heighten the intrusive thoughts and compulsions that one can have. Both myself and my partners Mom both had taken lexapro at some point in our lives and it ended up in both of us having OCD like behaviors. Fuck did I already have OCD to begin with?

I was on a heavy dose of lexapro for a few years

While I did already have OCD beforehand, I would find it brought my intrusive thoughts more ‘forward’ from time to time

I’m not a good case study for lexapro causing OCD because of that but the few doctors I’ve spoken to about it say that it usually just causes EXISTING thoughts to become more conscious rather than subliminal.

I will say that lexapro and Xanax withdrawals suck dick.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2019, 05:49:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey y’all idk if this needs to be said but Ive been off my medication for about almost 4 months now (successfully with no issues)and I have some 2 little things of advice/caution for those taking or considering taking Lexapro
1. It can make you horribly OCD. I had been taking the medication for almost about a year and I’d say about 3 months into it, it made me have horrible hand-washing issues. Like I had to wash my hands exactly 5-7 times at the sink type shit. I also had OCD about making my shoes match with my board and other very stressful things.
2. It can make sex difficult to say the least. Won’t get too into it but if you already have physical issues in your sex life I strongly advise you not to take the medication.
I hope someone uses this info to their advantage cuz I really wish someone would of told me this beforehand
[close]
I never heard the OCD thing. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't know Lexapro and the onset of OCD are related. I can back you on the sexual side effects in that it's very common in antidepressants. In fact I've personally never been on an antidepressant that didn't lead to a measure of dysfunction. Luckily that's not an issue for my lifestyle, but I can see it being a very prominent one for a lot of people. One that could potentially lead to deepening depression.
[close]
I looked into it before and although the the meds don’t inherently give you OCD, SSRIs can it seems strengthen or heighten the intrusive thoughts and compulsions that one can have. Both myself and my partners Mom both had taken lexapro at some point in our lives and it ended up in both of us having OCD like behaviors. Fuck did I already have OCD to begin with?
[close]

While I did already have OCD beforehand, I would find it brought my intrusive thoughts more ‘forward’ from time to time

I’m not a good case study for lexapro causing OCD because of that but the few doctors I’ve spoken to about it say that it usually just causes EXISTING thoughts to become more conscious rather than subliminal.

Lexapro withdrawals are the worst! I've tried to get off a few times and couldn't. Brain zaps and dizziness mostly. Tapering really slowly too. Did you get totally off them? If you did, how so?
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #188 on: October 01, 2019, 11:34:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Lexapro withdrawals are the worst! I've tried to get off a few times and couldn't. Brain zaps and dizziness mostly. Tapering really slowly too. Did you get totally off them? If you did, how so?
I can’t speak for Thom here but for me I was able to get off them by slowly going down. By the time I was down to just a single pill I would break it in half to only take half doses. Eventually I got used to it and went off them. Hope this kinda helps you 

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2019, 01:27:21 PM »
Anybody else get uncontrolled muscle spasms? I've been having these random jerking movements for the last 4 months or so. Doc says it's stress, but I'm pretty suspicious of the drug cocktail I'm on.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2019, 01:32:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I can’t speak for Thom here but for me I was able to get off them by slowly going down. By the time I was down to just a single pill I would break it in half to only take half doses. Eventually I got used to it and went off them. Hope this kinda helps you
Sounds like Remeron. Awesome medication, horrible withdrawal. Would have to break the pills up so small. Even a tiny speck of the pill would put me to sleep. And if I didn’t take the tiny speck I would have horrible anxiety. Was about a month of hell.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2019, 01:34:08 PM »
Anybody else get uncontrolled muscle spasms? I've been having these random jerking movements for the last 4 months or so. Doc says it's stress, but I'm pretty suspicious of the drug cocktail I'm on.
Probably stress. Didn’t realize how tense my body actually gets from stress until a couple months ago. I though saying someone was tense was just a saying but your body muscles actually do tighten up. Stretching I bet would help. I’ve never had any medications make me have muscle spasms.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2019, 03:37:47 PM »

Weird I read this because about 5 minutes ago it was happening in my left upper arm, weirdly intense feeling and I had no idea what brought it on

AssFlea

« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2019, 03:59:39 PM »

yes.  Some medications to make it worse but it does come from stress in my case
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

animalflesh

« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2019, 04:16:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah I weened off a week at a time between dose changes, then every other day on the smallest dose

Dude it sucked, I had a couple small seizures some black outs...

The doctor didn’t want me to discontinue the meds so I did it myself and suffered the consequences

But I’m very glad I did, therapy helped more than drugs

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2019, 04:20:56 PM »
Thinking of trying out that Spravato treatment. It’s like the inhaled ketamine antidepressant. I know my psych is treating people with it (guy doesn’t really seem to give any fucks), I first heard about it a couple years ago for people with treatment resistant depression. And it’s out now and he’s doing it. I gotta read a little more about it tonight. Stupid brain

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2019, 07:24:25 PM »
I can't sit in a room with a group of people for more than a few hours. This makes study and employment almost unacheivable. I flip stuff and make artwork for a living and get a small amount on welfare, somehow I still have disposable income. But at this point it looks like im stuck here forever.

AssFlea

« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2019, 07:57:40 PM »
I can't sit in a room with a group of people for more than a few hours. This makes study and employment almost unacheivable. I flip stuff and make artwork for a living and get a small amount on welfare, somehow I still have disposable income. But at this point it looks like im stuck here forever.

same. Don't let it get you down man. A free ride is still a ride. I like to look out the window I like to eat trash. I like to be poor.

I'm getting another van this spring and hitting the road again now I'm free from the system

I hope to find employment pouring parks or maybe filling boxes but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Skaters who are smart have cast me away. I bring nothing but distraction and disappointment with light amusement.

I refuse to sell my art now though. I've never told its value at auction but I cannot part with it. I'd rather burn it than some yuppies investing in my pain and suffering
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2019, 09:15:30 PM »
If you have disposable income and you aren’t working a regular job and don’t stress about making money you are doing pretty good.

Stuck where? In town, in that line of making money? What is it you want to change?The obvious signs will be there.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2019, 11:14:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah I weened off a week at a time between dose changes, then every other day on the smallest dose

Dude it sucked, I had a couple small seizures some black outs...

The doctor didn’t want me to discontinue the meds so I did it myself and suffered the consequences

But I’m very glad I did, therapy helped more than drugs

Ah cheers. That's pretty much the way I nearly got off them before but then I was going overseas and didn't wanna freak out so I went back to full dose. Time to try again.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2019, 03:00:12 AM »

What happens ? Just Anxiety or something?

AssFlea

« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2019, 06:17:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What happens ? Just Anxiety or something?

yes I would like to know too
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

AssFlea

« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2019, 07:24:31 AM »
Sometimes I want to eat a bullet
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2019, 08:24:17 AM »
Last week I started taking Zoloft again, after stopping for a few months.

Having pretty much no libido for a change is actually kinda dope, way less distracting.
I have been on Zoloft for nearly a year now and I completely agree with you about the unexpected benefit of my libido being nearly muted. I went 5 days in a row doing productive stuff all day before I even realized that I hadn't had sex or jerked off in those five days.

With that being said, eventually my body seemed to adjust and my libido is mostly restored now. Still have some sexual side effects every now and again, but fortunately my girlfriend and I have been able to work around them
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2019, 01:02:04 PM »
  Is anybody here have episodes and refuse to medicate other then weed?  I get episodes of parinoia that are pretty much epic in proportion.  I just shake em off.    I guess its not hard cause it might happen once or twice a month same with my anxiety.  (travelling completely cures my anxiety miraculously but certainly not the parinoia.)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -331
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2019, 01:17:38 PM »
  Is anybody here have episodes and refuse to medicate other then weed?  I get episodes of parinoia that are pretty much epic in proportion.  I just shake em off.    I guess its not hard cause it might happen once or twice a month same with my anxiety.  (travelling completely cures my anxiety miraculously but certainly not the parinoia.)
I’m supposed to be on colanadine which is a meds for schizophrenia behaviors and an ssri celexa which is antidepressant.

I’ve had issues with delusions/mania but since I know what’s wrong and I’m with supportive people who help me calm down and talk me out of my delusions.

I know it sounds easier said than done but as long as I’ve got something to distract me and engage my senses I’m good.

I hate when I have a bad day but it’s all about having people who can get to you and help you out by being there either as a presence or someone who will listen, you’ll be better.
Dueces Bitch's

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2019, 01:26:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I’m supposed to be on colanadine which is a meds for schizophrenia behaviors and an ssri celexa which is antidepressant.

I’ve had issues with delusions/mania but since I know what’s wrong and I’m with supportive people who help me calm down and talk me out of my delusions.

I know it sounds easier said than done but as long as I’ve got something to distract me and engage my senses I’m good.

I hate when I have a bad day but it’s all about having people who can get to you and help you out by being there either as a presence or someone who will listen, you’ll be better.
    That's sick really.  (edit ha I'm mean 'sick' like 'rad' and Dystopia is a band for the ages) 
  Also I'm 43.  Having the kind of support group you describe is a lil bit different for me.  I'm not really in a large peer group as a 43 year old skater.  My gf is amazing.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 01:30:46 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -331
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2019, 03:53:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
    That's sick really.  (edit ha I'm mean 'sick' like 'rad' and Dystopia is a band for the ages) 
  Also I'm 43.  Having the kind of support group you describe is a lil bit different for me.  I'm not really in a large peer group as a 43 year old skater.  My gf is amazing.
My wife is amazing and her family is rad for dealing with my crazy shit for this long. I know I’m not the greatest person in the world and my actions have been not so great but damned if my wife has helped me out with sobriety and other things that I’ve never considered as an outsider.

That’s good you’ve got a good woman by your side. Most don’t have that and it’s really really sad.

The thing I tell myself when I get down is everything is temporary and chase paper and what you have. Or I like the saying a bird in the hand is worth more then two in the bush.

That’s some real shit that no books will ever tell ya.
Dueces Bitch's

AssFlea

« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2019, 08:16:13 PM »

yes travel and weed. I also use other hallucinogenic toys for opioid replacement therapy crack replacement therapy dust replacement therapy... Benzodiazepines are being slowly taken away so I got to treat my anxiety in this manner

_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #209 on: October 26, 2019, 09:59:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yes travel and weed. I also use other hallucinogenic toys for opioid replacement therapy crack replacement therapy dust replacement therapy... Benzodiazepines are being slowly taken away so I got to treat my anxiety in this manner

wow sound like ur off opioids?  hope so.  Never got into crack. I think its better for you then the heroin but still seems like alot of not good.     I'm trying dance therepy that I'm making  up.  Its helpful.  Maybe ur already dancing but its worth a try. -somthin different.