Author Topic: Mental Health Issues  (Read 39600 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
Re: Mental Health Issues
« Reply #300 on: May 15, 2020, 10:16:25 AM »
Has anyone here ever had any success with achieving solid sleeping habits ? This has been a struggle since high school and I've been trying to address that over the past few years.

MorningSesh my doctor had me look into sleep hygiene. Maybe give it a google and see if the suggestions are helpful? Hope you get some good rest.
http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/healthy/getting/overcoming/tips

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #301 on: May 15, 2020, 10:36:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anyone here ever had any success with achieving solid sleeping habits ? This has been a struggle since high school and I've been trying to address that over the past few years.
[close]

I put on an eyemask and earplugs when I go to bed. Even if I'm not drowsy, I usually fall asleep quickly under the sensory deprivation. I also sleep with a window open to get a good inflow of fresh air. Game-changing stuff.
Nice, haven't tried the earplugs before. I definitely may have to go buy some now.

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #302 on: May 15, 2020, 10:58:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

MorningSesh my doctor had me look into sleep hygiene. Maybe give it a google and see if the suggestions are helpful? Hope you get some good rest.
http://healthysleep.med.harvard.edu/healthy/getting/overcoming/tips
Appreciate the link, it's one I haven't read yet and I have read a lot on the subject. I need to be work on being a bit more strict on actually following through on these suggestions.The joe rogan podcast with Matthew Walker (Neurologist/author who specializes on sleep) really helped draw more attention to sleep hygeine.

Krile

• Rep: -91
  • I train moogles
« Reply #303 on: May 15, 2020, 11:04:58 AM »
i'd have trouble sleeping if i watched joe rogan too
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

Krile

• I train moogles
« Reply #304 on: May 15, 2020, 11:17:48 AM »
also reading is a waste of time and bad for your brain you need to smoke a bunch of weed and jerk off more
I'm normally against vibing and the like but Idk anymore with these perved out anime kids. Now I think we need to go back to robbing kids boards at gunpoint if they show up to the spot. Wheres young Stevi

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #305 on: May 15, 2020, 11:22:47 AM »

what helps me is cutting the soda/other sugar drinks out about 4 hours before you plan on sleeping.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 965
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #306 on: May 15, 2020, 06:53:19 PM »
If I'm having trouble sleeping I eat like a shit ton of chocolate. Then like 45 mins later I'm out. The morning is horrendous. Acid stomach like woah
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #307 on: May 16, 2020, 12:17:08 AM »
I cut down on sugar for over half a year, but ever since the lockdown I've been pounding ice cream like my boyfriend dumped me.

Zephyr-Cum

• Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #308 on: May 16, 2020, 12:54:47 AM »
also reading is a waste of time and bad for your brain you need to smoke a bunch of weed and jerk off more
Deeply closeted reader of Rodney Mullen's memoirs.
I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

Krile

• I train moogles
« Reply #309 on: May 16, 2020, 06:22:18 AM »
I don't think I'd go out of my way to read anything by Mullen, no offense to him if he reads this.

Krile

• I train moogles
« Reply #310 on: May 16, 2020, 06:23:23 AM »
I'd read a Brian Wenning book in a heartbeat though

Grind King Rims

« Reply #311 on: May 16, 2020, 06:26:03 PM »
Self harmed today for the first time in a long time. Things have been not super chill lately.

This has continued. Feeling really unstable in my thoughts/emotions tbh. A little bit scared. I asked for some days off work this week, really hoping to rest a bit and get back on my feet again. I think I'll call my GP and ask what the story is with mental health services atm. Maybe get a prescription for an SSRI over the phone, if I can.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 06:32:48 PM by Grind King Rims »

Grind King Rims

« Reply #312 on: May 16, 2020, 06:30:56 PM »
I know everyone has different feelings about different medications, but I'm just starting to think, "Even if they numb me out a bit, I just need a little while to figure shit out, I'll risk it."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 06:33:26 PM by Grind King Rims »

Zephyr-Cum

• DIE
« Reply #313 on: May 16, 2020, 07:56:26 PM »
People that ride Grind Kings are complete basket cases. Who would've thunk it?

"Shalom".

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #314 on: May 16, 2020, 08:58:18 PM »
Self harmed today for the first time in a long time. Things have been not super chill lately.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a hard time. if you need to talk you can feel free to reach out and pm me. I used to hurt myself quite a lot. Right now I'm trying to get off of some drugs and it's been very tough for me. I've basically been trying to pull it together and stop using for 7+ months. I feel like I'm almost able to but it's tough when I have to be around certain people and save face.

Life is a struggle.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2020, 09:19:02 PM »
My meds are twice the dosage since this strange time started. Anxiety was overwhelming me just shopping for groceries (not a full on panic attack but far too stressful to be safe) and hypochondria was too much to deal with even before so, yeah.

Please take care y'all. Times are definitely tough all over, but that doesn't mean you have to go it alone. The weight is not that heavy if we band together. Reach out to whoever you feel comfortable with to open up and be honest.

You're not helpless when we're here to help.

edit: here's a helpful hint

There are a lot of guided meditation videos available on youtube, but the ads can be very annoying to deal with.

I know y'all know how to rip video using video capture add-ons, but I use those same methods to grab audio only for my most used/favorite meditations onto my phone to listen ad-free in peace on my phone with bluetooth headphones.

Hope that helps some of y'all find peace of mind.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 09:37:38 PM by layzieyez »

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2020, 09:37:08 PM »
Armed forces use this method

Relax the muscles in your face, including tongue, jaw and the muscles around the eyes

Drop your shoulders as far down as they’ll go, followed by your upper and lower arm, one side at a time

Breathe out, relaxing your chest followed by your legs, starting from the thighs and working down

You should then spend 10 seconds trying to clear your mind before thinking about one of the following images:

You’re lying in a canoe on a calm lake with nothing but a clear blue sky above you

You’re lying in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room

You say “don’t think, don’t think, don’t think” to yourself over and over for about 10 seconds

Takes like, a month to get it on lock
listen to cosmic psychos

Zephyr-Cum

• DIE
« Reply #317 on: May 17, 2020, 03:52:56 AM »
Armed forces use this method
Checks out.

"Shalom".

Krile

• I train moogles
« Reply #318 on: May 17, 2020, 04:09:34 AM »
My meds are twice the dosage since this strange time started. Anxiety was overwhelming me just shopping for groceries (not a full on panic attack but far too stressful to be safe) and hypochondria was too much to deal with even before so, yeah.

Please take care y'all. Times are definitely tough all over, but that doesn't mean you have to go it alone. The weight is not that heavy if we band together. Reach out to whoever you feel comfortable with to open up and be honest.

There are a lot of guided meditation videos available on youtube, but the ads can be very annoying to deal with.

I know y'all know how to rip video using video capture add-ons, but I use those same methods to grab audio only for my most used/favorite meditations onto my phone to listen ad-free in peace on my phone with bluetooth headphones.

this post next to your avatar cracks me up

NBD4ABD

« Reply #319 on: May 17, 2020, 11:34:44 AM »
I am in the middle of a mental breakdown and I come to slap and talk shit to make me feel better but I hurt on the inside.

Krile

• I train moogles
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2020, 11:46:50 AM »
same

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2020, 12:13:37 PM »
time in mane = jaL
mArLeY

Grind King Rims

« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2020, 03:06:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a hard time. if you need to talk you can feel free to reach out and pm me. I used to hurt myself quite a lot. Right now I'm trying to get off of some drugs and it's been very tough for me. I've basically been trying to pull it together and stop using for 7+ months. I feel like I'm almost able to but it's tough when I have to be around certain people and save face.

Life is a struggle.

thanks for the support, I'm feeling better.

Spacenoid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2020, 04:40:04 PM »
just started antidepressants after realizing I was just not in a position to move forward in life without a major attitude adjustment. hope you all are doing well.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2020, 07:06:45 PM »

https://beherenownetwork.com/ if you're into some spiritual components with your guided meditations, the be here now network has plenty of really nice ad free meditations and podcasts.

I feel you on the serious uptick in anxiety and hypochondria. My doctor prescribed me an SSRI and I'm unsure if I want to start taking it. Any thoughts? 
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2020, 09:09:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Life is a struggle.
[close]

thanks for the support, I'm feeling better.

Depending on what state you live in there might be a free hotline to call or other services while waiting on getting set up with a virtual appointment with a regular doctor/therapist.

For example: https://omh.ny.gov/omhweb/covid-19-resources.html

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2020, 09:13:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I put on an eyemask and earplugs when I go to bed. Even if I'm not drowsy, I usually fall asleep quickly under the sensory deprivation. I also sleep with a window open to get a good inflow of fresh air. Game-changing stuff.
[close]
Nice, haven't tried the earplugs before. I definitely may have to go buy some now.

I too like ear plugs, but make sure you keep them clean. I got a nasty, nasty ear infection, and I'm not prone to them, that I'm pretty sure stemmed from taking my ear plugs off the dusty floor after they'd fall out all night and not washing them. I like the ear plugs, but I find running a fan brings a good kind of nose to help with sleep
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -331
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2020, 08:59:50 AM »
As far as having normal* sleeping patterns let’s just say 8amish to 10pm I have a playlist of songs to wind myself down. It helps to have a good sleepy tea.
Dueces Bitch's

Saint Coke

« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2020, 10:02:34 AM »
Melatonin works well.

Pretty sure I'm bipolar. I go from energetic and motivated to angry and spiteful in a few seconds.

Bata

• Rep: -72
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2020, 12:39:57 PM »