Author Topic: Mental Health Issues  (Read 39428 times)

Mog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -166
Re: Mental Health Issues
« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2020, 06:46:11 AM »
this is my form of protest. The Ontario Government and Government of Canada are responsible for my mental health I refuse to give a fuck. What I will do however is confidently share my incorrect opinion online because I have Freedom of Speech in Canada.

Go fuck yourself Janus.

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 573
« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2020, 07:29:33 AM »
Just trying to help, homie lol.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2020, 09:04:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Poor people in Canada are priced out of therapy. My family has money but my mental health is of no value to anyone including myself so who's going to bother to pay money for my therapy or psych. I'm already connected with the mental health services in my province and to be honest they are relatively useless. Linking people youtube video's doesn't change the fact they've been priced out of having any hope of a normal life.
[close]
   'Therapy' to be actually therapeutic has to come from someone who gives a shit about you and money won't cover that.  If there's no one like that in the vicinity, ( family, friends) you gotta look out for yourself -don't trust the state and give personal info and basic rights away.  Then you're a perpetual child of the state.  Those meds will shorten ur life span.
[close]

You're a person and bottom 5 poster on this site. Don't talk to me.
  You just know I don't like you.  Just put me on ignore.  Makes no difference to me I'm still gonna knee jerk respond to whoever's post.  Except for saint coke and the like.  Mog you are horribly terrible tho.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • old and in the way
« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2020, 10:59:07 AM »
some breathing techniques that've been helping me recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=31&v=gz4G31LGyog&feature=emb_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67SeR3LxtdI

I downloaded this as an mp3 and it's on constant rotation in my meditation playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI

Mog

« Reply #424 on: June 03, 2020, 11:09:35 AM »
Mog you are horribly terrible tho.

I'm quite friendly in person

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #425 on: June 03, 2020, 12:18:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Mog you are horribly terrible tho.
[close]

I'm quite friendly in person
  Which is whats so potentially funny about Slap.   Im sure good real life  friends have unknowingly thrown shit at each other on slap. 

Mog

« Reply #426 on: June 04, 2020, 01:06:29 AM »
I post exceptionally bad on here. I was a 14 year old internet troll when I skated heavily so talking skateboarding brings out the shitposter in me. Pushing peoples buttons online has never been easier you think people would become immune to trolling but they are more susceptible than even. 

Mog

« Reply #427 on: June 04, 2020, 01:08:27 AM »
Shitposting on unfunny theme accounts is highly therapeutic I suggest anyone with mental health issues try it out. 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #428 on: June 04, 2020, 07:58:56 AM »
Shitposting on unfunny theme accounts is highly therapeutic I suggest anyone with mental health issues try it out.
  "Just horrible"

Mog

« Reply #429 on: June 04, 2020, 08:10:23 AM »
I'm in a good mood today thats what counts

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #430 on: June 04, 2020, 08:17:52 AM »
I escaped to alcohol but only 2 beers. A place to be, testing it and it's pretty wack. Definitely not where I want to be

Work is lined up with a raise but it's lower than advertised a year ago. Good ol boy fuck it, cross my eyes and take a pay check
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Mog

« Reply #431 on: June 04, 2020, 08:19:17 AM »
you can always view a job you don't like as working towards doing what you actually love. Even if you don't know what that is yet.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #432 on: June 04, 2020, 09:18:30 AM »
Mog I feel sorry for your mother. Why don't you get a horse and live in the mountains someplace and don't bother anybody.

Mog

« Reply #433 on: June 04, 2020, 10:19:38 AM »
Mog I feel sorry for your mother. Why don't you get a horse and live in the mountains someplace and don't bother anybody.

why don't you go fuck yourself

Mog

« Reply #434 on: June 04, 2020, 10:20:08 AM »
and don't feel sorry for my mom shes a stupid bitch

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #435 on: June 04, 2020, 12:29:56 PM »
Mog,

It's not your fault

Mog

« Reply #436 on: June 04, 2020, 12:43:55 PM »
I'm well aware of that. I blame the sources constantly

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -328
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #437 on: July 08, 2020, 06:17:58 PM »
Hey serious question for those who have had to deal gf's or partners with BPD and the therapy? I'm in a quandry of sorts recently my wife has been having a lot of bpd episodes I'm not exactly sure the term. Anyways I've been supportive and trying my hardest to help her out in many ways with anxiety and just being a support system whenever the occasion arises.  I'm wondering what to do what are some of the techniques you all have had to quell those shitty voices in someones head?
Dueces Bitch's

NG

• Rep: 17
« Reply #438 on: July 08, 2020, 06:46:49 PM »
Hey serious question for those who have had to deal gf's or partners with BPD and the therapy? I'm in a quandry of sorts recently my wife has been having a lot of bpd episodes I'm not exactly sure the term. Anyways I've been supportive and trying my hardest to help her out in many ways with anxiety and just being a support system whenever the occasion arises.  I'm wondering what to do what are some of the techniques you all have had to quell those shitty voices in someones head?

Good on you for researching how best to help and support your partner! BPD can come in so many flavors and is in my experience super hard to understand, especially when overlayed with other mental/ohysical health issues. Something that helps my partner and I is to make a point of taking the time to research and learn about things together; watching YouTube videos of folks W bpd or other issues talking about their experiences (okay yeah even the cringe vloggy ones), getting and reading books, articles etc. It helps us understand a bit more about what's going on without focusing on the specifics of our situation which can trigger episodes, at least for me.

This doesn't help during an episode specifically but has been super beneficial for us, fwiw

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -328
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #439 on: July 08, 2020, 07:05:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good on you for researching how best to help and support your partner! BPD can come in so many flavors and is in my experience super hard to understand, especially when overlayed with other mental/ohysical health issues. Something that helps my partner and I is to make a point of taking the time to research and learn about things together; watching YouTube videos of folks W bpd or other issues talking about their experiences (okay yeah even the cringe vloggy ones), getting and reading books, articles etc. It helps us understand a bit more about what's going on without focusing on the specifics of our situation which can trigger episodes, at least for me.

This doesn't help during an episode specifically but has been super beneficial for us, fwiw
I've read a few things about BPD and how it affects others and their sense of reality and what words can have a profound affect on others, like mega super sensitive holy shit this could really hurt this persons feelings.

Whereas say if you were to kid around or just ribbing each other it could go either way. My wife and I are taking care of her mum who's elderly and isn't feeble but definitely needs help in many capacities. So in this cluster fuck of a situation we've gotten in it has been my outsiders perspective that her mum and has some form of MI (bpd) specifically one triggers the other so it becomes this unholy back and forth of talking shit and hurt feelings between the two an I want to tear my hair out hearing this shit go on back and forth but I think I made a break though if not a temporary solution, writing notes and posting them about like kindness notes of reminders to love one another and hugs are the best way to convey a message instead of anger. Believe me there's a lot of bitterness form both people involved.
Dueces Bitch's

skateboarding.forums

• Rep: 1
« Reply #440 on: July 08, 2020, 07:20:05 PM »
Pete Walker's "Complex PTSD" and "The Tao of Fully Feeling" books were very helpful for me. They helped me connect my mental health issues to childhood trauma. Once those connections became clear I started to make progress.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #441 on: July 09, 2020, 12:58:31 AM »
Expand Quote
I get PMs from people telling me to kill myself. Usually the same person. They have an anime picture. I think there is something up with the anime people.
[close]
Spill the beans on their name. What a sack of shit.

Mog. I never check my pms but I saw one from them saying ‘what keeps you from killing yourself’

I said ‘happiness’

Gotem
listen to cosmic psychos

Grind King Rims

« Reply #442 on: July 09, 2020, 07:22:50 AM »
Big respect to you guys for helping your partners and family with difficult mental health issues. I can't imagine that's easy, but it shows love and strength.

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Rep: 39
« Reply #443 on: July 09, 2020, 01:00:20 PM »
I could definitely use some help on dealing with my partners mental health issues.  She started seeing a therapist about a month and a half ago.  My partner has always kind of shut down during instances of conflict, although we dont really fight(and I dont mean that in a couples counseling kind of way, we just generally havent had many instances of serious conflict).

Her therapist told her that this shutting down is "dissociation" and my partner describes it as not really feeling 'connected to her body.'  I really cannot relate.  My partner and I generally bump heads on things like me not wanting dishes left in the sink, me wanting the laundry I did/folded to be put away, not wanting food to be left out over night, etc. 

Where I am failing to be sympathetic is that the other day I started to get frustrated with the amount of totally rinsed out dishes in the sink, dishes that could be put in the dishwasher as they were, and I asked her (sternly) if they could go in the sink.  She then told me "I am starting to dissociate" and it really felt like a cop out. 

I want to support her venture into therapy. I tell her that I am proud that she wants to break the cycle of emotional abuse she was put through and is working to make sure our daughter doesnt experience that.  That being said I now feel like I am in a position where I am to shoulder the burden of not being able to communicate with my partner.
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
« Reply #444 on: July 10, 2020, 09:59:38 AM »
I used to be super happy when I was doing drugs everyday and had a girlfriend but now I'm off drugs and my gf broke up with me a little over 2 years ago and ive been pretty much dead inside ever since.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #445 on: July 10, 2020, 10:06:03 AM »
I used to be super happy when I was doing drugs everyday and had a girlfriend but now I'm off drugs and my gf broke up with me a little over 2 years ago and ive been pretty much dead inside ever since.

What kind of drugs?
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Zephyr-Cum

• Rep: -103
  • DIE
« Reply #446 on: July 13, 2020, 05:54:53 PM »
Where I am failing to be sympathetic is that the other day I started to get frustrated with the amount of totally rinsed out dishes in the sink, dishes that could be put in the dishwasher as they were, and I asked her (sternly) if they could go in the sink.  She then told me "I am starting to dissociate" and it really felt like a cop out.
LOL

It probably felt like a cop out because it was a cop out. I don't know. I feel like saying "ditch the nutty broad" because it's a funny thing to say - maybe "run for ze hills" instead? - but I'm trying to practice self-censorship. It's only going to get worse as she learns more big words to throw around. You're at the beginning of a ten year story arc here and you should split while you have the chance.
I AM A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION.

"Shalom".

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Rep: 39
« Reply #447 on: July 14, 2020, 08:31:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
LOL

It probably felt like a cop out because it was a cop out. I don't know. I feel like saying "ditch the nutty broad" because it's a funny thing to say - maybe "run for ze hills" instead? - but I'm trying to practice self-censorship. It's only going to get worse as she learns more big words to throw around. You're at the beginning of a ten year story arc here and you should split while you have the chance.

The thing is I am just not familiar enough to know.  I mean her parents in their old age have mellowed out a bit and are apparently totally different people than I have ever been exposed to, but some of the things she went through as a kid are just so unbelievably foreign to me that I have no idea if her 'disassociation' is legitimate or not (in this case).

I just want to be a good partner, and when she is present she is a good partner. I just dont know how to be supportive in her journey through trauma therapy, which is what I was really asking about.
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

gnarlycharlie

• Rep: -4
« Reply #448 on: July 14, 2020, 09:10:22 AM »
your not alone man, do what you need to do to feel your best dont worry about others especially if it comes to medication fuck opinions but meds can really allow people to take control of there life back do what you gotta do some people will never understand, but put yourself first, had a hell of a few years just self medicating with literally everything until i finally got sobered up and dove deeper into what issues i had going on i was able to learn so much and just accepted help and shit man regret not doing it all sooner,  i actually got a life again and can enjoy skateboarding but i take meds and hey fuck it i could care less, suboxone wellbutrin mood stabalizer i just take it shut up and enjoy not hating myself no more good luck im sure someones gonna jump on this cause of the meds im on but thats life

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #449 on: July 14, 2020, 11:19:47 AM »
I am diagnosed moderate depression, and it has been coming and going in significant waves during lockdown. I built a mini-ramp during this time that I cant even get motivated to skate (oddly, I have been mountain biking a lot though) and I just generally feel multi-day episodes of really bad malaise.

21 days ago I quit instagram and twitter. I don't have Facebook, so I dont really have any social media linkage at this point and I have to say...it's helped, a lot. I dont have issues with anxiety as much but quitting social media has forced me into being focused on the world around me and being present at any given time. It's also really demonstrated for me who actually cares about keeping in touch, and who is only interested in centering their communication around social media. which I refuse to do. It's helping my mental health overall.
ok thanks