Author Topic: Slappy setups, is that a thing?  (Read 25012 times)

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
Re: Slappy setups, is that a thing?
« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2021, 04:15:57 AM »
Ive got 2 flight decks, a popsicle 8.75 with Indy 159s and a 9.125 pool shape with Indy 169s. Both have Bones SPF wheels, and the heft of the larger board makes it much easier for me to ram it into stuff, whereas i feel less confident on the lighter/smaller board.
'It's pretty hard to make out on a skateboard.' -Steve Shible

&& is no stranger to the female species. Hes always got some travel pussy with him in his slambulance.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #271 on: January 30, 2021, 08:15:21 AM »
I heard in sacto, guys would use wood screws to hold in rails all the way through the deck, then hammer off the pointy end.....

kimura

• Rep: 15
« Reply #272 on: January 30, 2021, 12:35:53 PM »
Back in the day we used "sex bolts" or T-Nuts.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #273 on: January 30, 2021, 05:08:27 PM »
I heard in sacto, guys would use wood screws to hold in rails all the way through the deck, then hammer off the pointy end.....

Fairly common in general.

Others I know put the longer screws through the deck before they grip it and angle grind to tops off for a nice clean but well locked in.

Lock bolts or sex bolts are much harder to get and most people don't want a million things on the top of their boards.

I have seen some people put down double sided tape to lock the rails in place too, then screw them in.

Everyone can have their own deal with rails.

I prefer boards without rails, but I did use them when I was a kid and I can see the uses for them nowdays too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.