Author Topic: Footprint Insoles Review  (Read 13390 times)

Torre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -30
Footprint Insoles Review
« on: May 01, 2019, 10:16:40 AM »
Here’s my review of Footprint Insoles:

I’ve been using Footprint insoles for the last year or so in every pair of skate shoes I have skated. I have used the Gamechangers Orthotics, (which you mold to your feet) and Kingfoam Orthotics.

I have very flat feet and most skate shoes’ stock insoles offer little support. After using Footprints, my skating improved as well as pain in my legs and back. Being a 30 year old skater, this is huge. I also noticed they made each shoe I used them in fit better, and also helped me get used to different shoes because they make different shoes feel similar so it creates that familiarity even if you skate shoes you’ve never used before, as long as you transfer over the insoles. I highly recommend these insoles especially if you have flat feet or pain in your knees/ hips/ back.

Also if you have flat to medium arches on your feet, (especially for flat feet) I recommend the Orthotics (they make the Gamechangers and the Kingfoams Orthotics).

They also have amazing impact resistance, so if you are hucking down big gaps/ stairs, these will help prevent injuries like heel bruises

The only issue I have with them is they are somewhat expensive. I paid ~$45 for them and replace them typically every 6 months. Over all, however, it’s really worth it for me.

Dustwardprez

Re: Footprint Insoles Review
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 05:59:27 PM »
Here’s my review of Footprint Insoles:

I’ve been using Footprint insoles for the last year or so in every pair of skate shoes I have skated. I have used the Gamechangers Orthotics, (which you mold to your feet) and Kingfoam Orthotics.

I have very flat feet and most skate shoes’ stock insoles offer little support. After using Footprints, my skating improved as well as pain in my legs and back. Being a 30 year old skater, this is huge. I also noticed they made each shoe I used them in fit better, and also helped me get used to different shoes because they make different shoes feel similar so it creates that familiarity even if you skate shoes you’ve never used before, as long as you transfer over the insoles. I highly recommend these insoles especially if you have flat feet or pain in your knees/ hips/ back.

Also if you have flat to medium arches on your feet, (especially for flat feet) I recommend the Orthotics (they make the Gamechangers and the Kingfoams Orthotics).

They also have amazing impact resistance, so if you are hucking down big gaps/ stairs, these will help prevent injuries like heel bruises

The only issue I have with them is they are somewhat expensive. I paid ~$45 for them and replace them typically every 6 months. Over all, however, it’s really worth it for me.

Yeah I recommend these to all older skaters.
My acl feels way better but my feet smell hella bad. For $40 bucks I’m getting at least 2 pairs of shoes out of each insole.

Joe Davola

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 06:02:44 PM »
What's their impact on boardfeel?

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 08:52:15 PM »
Funny, I'm wearing Kingfoam Orthotics since about 3 months and I was thinking about writing a review, because I hesitated a very long time before investing money.

So the short story is that I have flat feet and I used to wear custom insoles for my whole life. But since I moved to the US, such insoles are too much expensive to get. I was wearing the old ones since 5 years and ... they eventually got totally destroyed by skateboarding and I started to have biomechanic problems again in my legs, so I gave a try to the Footprint.

Basically they feel and do the job like my previous custom orthotics, so I'm happy with them. My legs condition is now good and I can walk normally again.

In terms of skateboarding, I would say that they do nothing. I mean, these insoles just help me to feel normal again. The board feel is similar to stock insoles of classical skating shoes, for example Lakais. They are also quite thin and sturdy, so I don't feel any significant improvement to reduce impacts.

If you have flat feet, never had custom insoles and you feel that your legs hurt everywhere, yes try them.
If you have a normal condition and feel ok with your current shoes, I would say that they are useless for skateboarding. Of course I'm speaking about the Kingfoam Orthotics at $35, not the more expensive Gamechangers.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 11:57:26 AM »
Can someone explain this sizing to me? I found some decently priced Elites, but the sizing says either S 5-10.5 or L 9-14 and I'm  9.5-10. Also wondering if anyone out there has medium - high arches and what model you use.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 02:43:45 PM »

Depends on your foot.

I have read that the game changer is NOT for people with high arches.

I have had mixed results depending on the shoe.

The game changer it perfect for vans original style  but can’t replace the pro insoles.

I wear them in dunks. I can jump down shit all day and feel my board no problem. The major difference is in walking around.

My knees are so much better off now

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 03:12:48 PM »

In my opinion it does reduce board feel from a typical stock insole, especially when the shoes are new, but like anything else you will get used to it. It will also make the shoe fit slightly tighter (from my experience), but of course this depends on what kind of insole your shoe normally has.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 04:18:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In my opinion it does reduce board feel from a typical stock insole, especially when the shoes are new, but like anything else you will get used to it. It will also make the shoe fit slightly tighter (from my experience), but of course this depends on what kind of insole your shoe normally has.

Yes they do make some shoes tighter. You can cut the insoles up to the stitching to fit pointed shoes like g6 or whatever

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 08:52:55 PM »
they're amazing. i didnt really need them when nike was doing the lunarlon midsoles but the last few years been skating a lot of  cupsoles and they make them a lot better in terms of comfort. i also have a high ass arch and the kingfoams help.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 08:48:21 AM »
What shoes yall skating with them?

I’m also 31 with fucked up ACL, meniscus all that. I’ve been loyal to Suciu ADV but looking for something new.

I kinda wanna try just Nike Dunk lows with footprint insoles

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 06:37:56 PM »
Had these for over a year now and would highly recommend to anyone looking for something that doesn't lose board feel by gives you support

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2019, 12:52:49 AM »
If you have flat feet, never had custom insoles and you feel that your legs hurt everywhere, yes try them.
If you have a normal condition and feel ok with your current shoes, I would say that they are useless for skateboarding. Of course I'm speaking about the Kingfoam Orthotics at $35, not the more expensive Gamechangers.

The gamechangers are essentially orthotics that you put in the oven and as a result they form to your foot a little more precisely if you want that exact fit. I'd say it's worth the premium but not worlds different.

Heather Chandler

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2019, 05:04:18 AM »
Ive only been using the Kingfoam insoles.  So comfortable, especially when your feet get warm, they get very squishy, but still dampen very well. 5mm in cupsoles and 7mm in vulcs work well for me.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 06:56:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The gamechangers are essentially orthotics that you put in the oven and as a result they form to your foot a little more precisely if you want that exact fit. I'd say it's worth the premium but not worlds different.

I bought Gamechangers based on their marketing saying this. I have plantar fasciitis, and wear custom orthotics from my doctor, but don't like to skate in them because I'm afraid of wrecking them, and they're uncomfortable to skate in (very rigid, have to remove the stock insole from most shoes, leaving almost no cushioning). I got Gamechangers in the hopes that they'd give me some of the support of the orthotics, with a bit more cushioning. I expected some compromise in the support department, but they're basically useless to me - almost no support at all. You mold them in the oven and they take the shape of your foot; but once you put them in the shoe and walk around in them for a few minutes, the material softens from the warmth of your foot; thereby eliminating the support and 'custom fit' that they're supposed to provide. They're a good quality soft/squishy insole if you're looking for that, but I found that they don't really do more than most stock insoles (i.e. nothing) to actually support my feet. I only wore them a couple of times before giving up on them. I found them to be a pretty disappointing product, and a waste of money (they're like $60 in Canada).

footprintinsoletechnology

• Rep: -1
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 05:23:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I bought Gamechangers based on their marketing saying this. I have plantar fasciitis, and wear custom orthotics from my doctor, but don't like to skate in them because I'm afraid of wrecking them, and they're uncomfortable to skate in (very rigid, have to remove the stock insole from most shoes, leaving almost no cushioning). I got Gamechangers in the hopes that they'd give me some of the support of the orthotics, with a bit more cushioning. I expected some compromise in the support department, but they're basically useless to me - almost no support at all. You mold them in the oven and they take the shape of your foot; but once you put them in the shoe and walk around in them for a few minutes, the material softens from the warmth of your foot; thereby eliminating the support and 'custom fit' that they're supposed to provide. They're a good quality soft/squishy insole if you're looking for that, but I found that they don't really do more than most stock insoles (i.e. nothing) to actually support my feet. I only wore them a couple of times before giving up on them. I found them to be a pretty disappointing product, and a waste of money (they're like $60 in Canada).

Well unfortunately you could have simply molded the insoles by placing them in our shoes, sitting down and applying pressure on them just the same way a podiatrist would take a custom mold of your foot. This method is mentioned in the instructions! There are tens of thousands of people getting the benefits of custom orthotics without having to go pay a doctor $500 now thanks to Gamechangers, you should try molding them again. Also they come with optional riser pads that can be placed under the arch before molding if you have a high arch. The typical method of molding gamechangers works for the vast majority of people who simply have flat feet or low to mid arches. It sounds like you have higher arches that no longer function.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 05:43:11 AM »
I've had several pairs and worn them in different shoes, vulcs and cups across different brands. Have wide feet that are kinda flat.
Cons: they do have some impact on board feel, they don't fit all shoes (pulling the insole out of vans sucks), they are pricey
Pros: I feel less pain the next day, they help with impact absorption, makes your foot all nice and snuggly-wuggly. If you  have shoe rotation between skating and general stoatin' about they can last you a few pairs.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 05:45:40 AM »
ive been skating kingfoam elites since June. theyre great, my feet were hurting a lot after every sesh with stock insoles and now theyre not. cant say i noticed much of a difference in board feel but the difference they make when jumping is nuts. ive been hitting stairs again for the frst time in years.
I have been contemplating buying another pair to stick in my work shoes just for comfort

buy em.

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 05:57:46 AM »
Can also confirm the greatness of kingfoam elite insoles. I have pretty fucked up feet (hallux limitus), but these keep me being able to skate with far less pain. Also recommended for people with high archs.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 05:57:54 AM »
This whole thread reads like an elaborate long plan by a marketing company making several accounts get over 100 posts them goin in on testimonials for that authentic viral vibe.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 06:13:12 AM »
This whole thread reads like an elaborate long plan by a marketing company making several accounts get over 100 posts them goin in on testimonials for that authentic viral vibe.
Exactly this.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

baustin

• Rep: 117
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2020, 06:29:20 AM »
Enjoyed Gamechangers in cupsoles but haven't been able to run them in most vulcs due to my foot sitting too high in the shoe with them (ankle roll hazard).

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2020, 06:46:14 AM »

sure does, and theres nothing any of us can say to convince you otherwise without sounding likes salesmen.. its a shiter. they really are great though

Torre

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2020, 06:48:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Exactly this.
Nah I don’t work for Footprint😂 u buggin
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:36:30 AM by Torre »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 09:03:03 AM »
I used to swear by game changers and had plenty of them but there are actually some $14 dr shools insole that work just as well for my feet personally , at Walmart. Game changers are comfy; king foams are comfy. They never once caused me any board feel issues. I’m 31 but I don’t really have any need to buy game changers anymore unless I find them on deep sale. I don’t really need that e dat at impact protection. I don’t jump down shit.
I’ve bought tons of various aftermarket insoles over the years.
I am not flat footed tho. I have a basic medium arch/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 09:10:18 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Torre

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 10:41:48 AM »
I used to swear by game changers and had plenty of them but there are actually some $14 dr shools insole that work just as well for my feet personally , at Walmart. Game changers are comfy; king foams are comfy. They never once caused me any board feel issues. I’m 31 but I don’t really have any need to buy game changers anymore unless I find them on deep sale. I don’t really need that e dat at impact protection. I don’t jump down shit.

All good and dandy but for someone with flat feet like me, Dr. Scholl’s doesn’t cut it. I guarantee my skating will suffer if I use anything else. But I’m the minority, most people have normal arches. I’ve heard that skating can actually flatten your arch tho

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2020, 11:01:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
All good and dandy but for someone with flat feet like me, Dr. Scholl’s doesn’t cut it. I guarantee my skating will suffer if I use anything else. But I’m the minority, most people have normal arches. I’ve heard that skating can actually flatten your arch tho
Well duh lol for sure wouldn’t work for your flat feet; just wanted to mention another option for others who might see the thread and have average arches.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 11:06:19 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Crap

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2020, 11:09:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Well unfortunately you could have simply molded the insoles by placing them in our shoes, sitting down and applying pressure on them just the same way a podiatrist would take a custom mold of your foot. This method is mentioned in the instructions! There are tens of thousands of people getting the benefits of custom orthotics without having to go pay a doctor $500 now thanks to Gamechangers, you should try molding them again. Also they come with optional riser pads that can be placed under the arch before molding if you have a high arch. The typical method of molding gamechangers works for the vast majority of people who simply have flat feet or low to mid arches. It sounds like you have higher arches that no longer function.

Hi, thanks for responding.

I read and followed the instructions on the package. I heated them in the oven, put them in my shoes, and applied pressure to mold them to my feet for the period of time directed. After the molding period was done, I took them out of the shoes and could see that they had molded to the shape of my feet. When I put them back in the shoes and wore them around, they felt good for a few minutes, before softening up and losing the support. When I took my shoes off, they felt warm and very pliable. When they cooled off, they became firm again, but weren't really molded to my foot anymore. My feet do not rise to the temperature of an oven when I wear shoes, but after wearing the insoles for more than a few minutes; they are nearly as soft and pliable as when they come out of the oven. I have fairly low arches, and I used the product as directed. I attempted to re-mold them more than once - including once putting something under the arch to fill in any excess space - before giving up on the process.

I know brands don't like when you say this, but I used the product exactly as directed, and it did not do what it was advertised to do. The issue was the product itself - not that I used it wrong, or that there is an inherent issue with my feet that caused it not to work properly. It's insulting to consumers to respond 'oh, our product didn't work? You must not have used it properly.'

I don't even think it's necessarily a bad product. It seems to be made well enough, appears to be made of quality materials, and would provide cushioning and comfort to someone who was looking for little or no arch support - but it does not do the same thing that custom orthotics do, or anything close to that. To say that this product provides the "benefits of custom orthotics without having to go pay a doctor $500" is just not true.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2020, 11:25:55 AM »
I run two sets of the low profile gamechangers, one for working out/skating the other for whatever else. My knees and back have thanked me.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2020, 11:32:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I read and followed the instructions on the package. I heated them in the oven, put them in my shoes, and applied pressure to mold them to my feet for the period of time directed. After the molding period was done, I took them out of the shoes and could see that they had molded to the shape of my feet. When I put them back in the shoes and wore them around, they felt good for a few minutes, before softening up and losing the support. When I took my shoes off, they felt warm and very pliable. When they cooled off, they became firm again, but weren't really molded to my foot anymore. My feet do not rise to the temperature of an oven when I wear shoes, but after wearing the insoles for more than a few minutes; they are nearly as soft and pliable as when they come out of the oven. I have fairly low arches, and I used the product as directed. I attempted to re-mold them more than once - including once putting something under the arch to fill in any excess space - before giving up on the process.

I know brands don't like when you say this, but I used the product exactly as directed, and it did not do what it was advertised to do. The issue was the product itself - not that I used it wrong, or that there is an inherent issue with my feet that caused it not to work properly. It's insulting to consumers to respond 'oh, our product didn't work? You must not have used it properly.'

I don't even think it's necessarily a bad product. It seems to be made well enough, appears to be made of quality materials, and would provide cushioning and comfort to someone who was looking for little or no arch support - but it does not do the same thing that custom orthotics do, or anything close to that. To say that this product provides the "benefits of custom orthotics without having to go pay a doctor $500" is just not true.
It’s def possible that you got some kind of slight defect.
But what you’re describing overwhelmingly sounds like your arches are higher than you think. But to say that the “product quote” is simply not true based on your personal body and experience, maybe “just not true” could be worded better.
There are so many skaters who swear by game changers but there are always bound to be a percentage that disagree. But as consumers we DO need to see both positive and negative reviews/experiences to be as informed as possible. And going into using any product that exists, we must be aware that there’s a chance it won’t work for us even when we see it work for our peers.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 11:41:12 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Crap

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2020, 12:10:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It’s def possible that you got some kind of slight defect.
But what you’re describing overwhelmingly sounds like your arches are higher than you think. But to say that the “product quote” is simply not true based on your personal body and experience, maybe “just not true” could be worded better.
There are so many skaters who swear by game changers but there are always bound to be a percentage that disagree. But as consumers we DO need to see both positive and negative reviews/experiences to be as informed as possible. And going into using any product that exists, we must be aware that there’s a chance it won’t work for us even when we see it work for our peers.

I get all that, and I'd like to make clear/fair criticisms based on my own experience. I truly didn't buy those insoles with the expectation that they would be an exact substitute for custom orthotics fitted by a doctor (which I own, but find uncomfortable for skating). My expectation was something custom fitted to my foot, and providing a decent level of support, while being more forgiving than the orthotics (which I expected would be at the expense of some of the support). I felt that expectation was realistic, but the product didn't meet it. If that was an individual defect with the ones I got, that would be a different story. It's not my opinion that the ones I got are defective, but I'll allow that it's possible.

I also get that not all bodies are the same, and a product that may work very well for one person, may not work at all for someone else. I'm sure some people have bought these things and like them. I'm not one of those people, and I thought it was relevant to share why, and what I felt were shortcomings with the product.

And all of that is 'your mileage may vary' stuff. But when we're saying (assuming that the person posting in this thread earlier is a representative of the company) that these things are a substitute for an actual medical device, fitted by a doctor; that does feel like irresponsible marketing to me. Especially when I have used both things, and can identify major differences between them, and found one significantly less effective than the other. While these insoles may work for some people, they are not custom orthotics, they don't do the same thing as custom orthotics, and I don't think the company should be saying that they do.