Author Topic: Live performances  (Read 11434 times)

silvertone_spacemachine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 63
Re: Live performances
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2019, 12:44:25 PM »
I’d love to go back in time & see the replacements play in their heyday

yeah, that's something I think about very often. Husker Du as well. I bet those shows were fun as hell

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2019, 03:24:20 PM »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2019, 05:19:11 PM »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2019, 05:27:41 PM »

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2019, 06:22:36 AM »

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2019, 01:48:43 AM »

Holy shit I was at this show.  I lived about 3 blocks up from Fallout at the time and caught a lot of good shows there (and also spent about 95% of my income there).  The owner, Tim, is awesome.

Early 90's primo-era Dwarves shows are the best... the really don't make bands/shows like this anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CheLq_fuhss

Wow!! And yeah, 90's Dwarves stuff is the shit! Blood Guts & Pussy, Thank Heaven For Little Girls, Sugarfix... In the 90's I was a baby but I've seen them live in 2011 and this year, I think they're still alright. Far away from the band in those vids for sure.

imuseless

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2019, 01:50:26 AM »
Expand Quote
I’d love to go back in time & see the replacements play in their heyday
[close]

yeah, that's something I think about very often. Husker Du as well. I bet those shows were fun as hell
For sure!

imuseless

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2019, 01:51:46 AM »
Here's another of my youtube-favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MS36TS-Rbk

Fuckin' CBGB's. :D

Pho King Hung Lo Mein

• Rep: -16
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2019, 09:59:52 PM »
Trombone game is a bit dicey, but the crowd reaction makes this one of the best live performances for me.  Cows rule!

https://youtu.be/qs_-emj1qR4
"Now go home and get your fucking Shinebox"

deathturd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2019, 09:01:38 PM »

hangontoyourego

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2019, 10:28:18 AM »

Rocco Siffredi

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2019, 04:27:13 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3pj1qoKN7w

the og song is mad good but this cover performance also goes hard  8)

hangontoyourego

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2019, 01:35:40 PM »
https://youtu.be/otVTYS1fR6c
Watched the performance in the beginning and some the interview. Stoked Shane is still around and has a great story .

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2019, 02:25:54 PM »
^holy shit!!    Shanes a scot, i dunno if thats commonly known.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 02:27:40 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2019, 02:28:30 PM »

hangontoyourego

« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2019, 03:05:31 PM »
Really ? I didn’t know that . I knew he wasn’t from London . I know the Pogues for a lot of shit for singin Irish songs . It’s been years since I’ve done some history on them . About 7 years ago I took an art history class and the teacher talked about the rum , sodomy and the lash art but of course the original artist . I regret not saying “ hey I know that “ because of the Pogues cover .

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2019, 03:21:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Really ? I didn’t know that . I knew he wasn’t from London . I know the Pogues for a lot of shit for singin Irish songs . It’s been years since I’ve done some history on them . About 7 years ago I took an art history class and the teacher talked about the rum , sodomy and the lash art but of course the original artist . I regret not saying “ hey I know that “ because of the Pogues cover .
  Irish band but shane is from scotland.  Bon Scott is from Scotland too, im not jus saying that. I haven't even listened to the pougues yet.  I only know Dirty Old Town, but I love that.  My bloody valentine is scotish and Ned atomic Dustbin, oh yah Simply Red.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 03:33:05 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

hangontoyourego

« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2019, 03:53:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
  Irish band but shane is from scotland.  Bon Scott is from Scotland too, im not jus saying that. I haven't even listened to the pougues yet.  I only know Dirty Old Town, but I love that.  My bloody valentine is scotish and Ned atomic Dustbin, oh yah Simply Red.
Neds is great . Still holds up to this day  side note maybe for pondering thread . While looking up about Shane Sinéad came up . Do you recall her ripping a pic of the pope up on snl ? What a huge controversy that was . You think young kids even know anything about the pope ?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2019, 04:55:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Neds is great . Still holds up to this day  side note maybe for pondering thread . While looking up about Shane Sinéad came up . Do you recall her ripping a pic of the pope up on snl ? What a huge controversy that was . You think young kids even know anything about the pope ?
  Prolly not.     Yah I remember her ripping the pic up.  Prince whooped her ass one time, that's pretty cray, what a dick.  I personally don't think she's ever done too much wrong.  Her vocal styles are massively influenced by Siouxsie imo.  pretty obviously.  And that Cocteau twins singer.  Who knows tho.  I liked her 1st 2 records enough.  Emporors new clothes is a really good song i thought., such a rythim.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 06:17:54 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

hangontoyourego

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2019, 06:57:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
  Prolly not.     Yah I remember her ripping the pic up.  Prince whooped her ass one time, that's pretty cray, what a dick.  I personally don't think she's ever done too much wrong.  Her vocal styles are massively influenced by Siouxsie imo.  pretty obviously.  And that Cocteau twins singer.  Who knows tho.  I liked her 1st 2 records enough.  Emporors new clothes is a really good song i thought., such a rythim.
Why did prince woop her ass ? Was he bummed on her rendition of “nothing compares to you” ?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2019, 06:47:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
Why did prince woop her ass ? Was he bummed on her rendition of “nothing compares to you” ?
  He thought he owned her cause of the song.  Invited her over to the house to indoctrinate her as a christian and told her to stop cursing in public (b4 the pope thing she had cursed apparently)  she told Prince to fuck himself so he chased her around a car beating the shit out of her.  All bad. 

hangontoyourego

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2019, 08:34:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
  He thought he owned her cause of the song.  Invited her over to the house to indoctrinate her as a christian and told her to stop cursing in public (b4 the pope thing she had cursed apparently)  she told Prince to fuck himself so he chased her around a car beating the shit out of her.  All bad.
No way !! That’s so insane .

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2019, 12:28:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
No way !! That’s so insane .
  Thats her account and shes gotten press for being in delusional states.  But im pretty much believing it.  Being a woman in the 80s would be hard, still weird prolly.  Id say this was Princes downturn.  He still had the songs but he wasnt putting out all killer no filler albums after this period. Around the world in a day was the last solid one. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 12:35:31 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

hangontoyourego

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2020, 08:54:13 PM »

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2020, 09:21:20 AM »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2020, 05:23:08 PM »
https://youtu.be/otVTYS1fR6c
Watched the performance in the beginning and some the interview. Stoked Shane is still around and has a great story .

That performance is so fucking sad. I count my lucky stars I was lucky enough to see him live 15 years ago, although they didn’t play Fairytale.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2020, 02:31:35 AM »
For fellow Marty Anderson fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0epAs6O-Hc

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2020, 06:51:31 AM »
Stuff's stuff (live performance by Stuff in Montreux 76)          -some next level sheeit!

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2020, 06:33:57 AM »
https://youtu.be/bBV-FYy8lww

One of the ones that is on every device I've ever owned
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2020, 06:54:53 AM »
https://youtu.be/OfIDS-ClM7M

I'm not going to lie. If I had a bag id fucking do it rn. If I saw that it was good 90s dope no questions. I'd probably ask for a second to do when I get back to my guitar.

I would start gagging and likely barf as if I was sick as soon as I got the bags in my hand. This happened last time I had to flush someones shit. I puked all over the bathroom I hadn't had a hit in over 2 years

If I had 2 bags of primo number one I would run barfing to the pharm get a wack and id run to the nearest laundromat bathroom. If push off with an ooops note in my pocket just in case so people would know it don't mean anything.

I was just trying to remember
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)