Author Topic: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice  (Read 4132 times)

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Re: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2019, 10:01:01 PM »
For me it's been a lot more enjoyable as I utilize more skills for dealing with bosses.  For example the unblockable marker, if it's hard to tell whether it's going to be a jab to handle with a mikiri counter or a swipe to jump for you can try throwing shurikens to disrupt their attack animation.  Making good use of prosthetics greatly increased my satisfaction with the boss fights.

I don't think I've done that dang counter even once... so many cool skills and tools, it's hard to keep track of 'em all and find the best situations for them. Makes me feel lame not using them more, I wanna play this game with Tom Penny amounts of steeze!

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2019, 08:11:00 AM »
Expand Quote
For me it's been a lot more enjoyable as I utilize more skills for dealing with bosses.  For example the unblockable marker, if it's hard to tell whether it's going to be a jab to handle with a mikiri counter or a swipe to jump for you can try throwing shurikens to disrupt their attack animation.  Making good use of prosthetics greatly increased my satisfaction with the boss fights.
[close]
That's a different approach. I need to try more of the skills out. I think I will give the game another go. I'm stuck at the armored guy you fight on the enclosed bridge. I guess you just have to block until his stance bar builds up, which is not my playstyle.

This goes for armor guy and a whole lot of bosses: whack, whack, parry, parry, parry, etc. (the parry timing is pretty lenient and you may just block, that's OK - just do a lot of L1 tapping). Eventually you'll get a better sense of when the enemies are lunging or sweeping and you get a ton of posture damage on those by properly countering.

Also, get in the habit of running or jumping back instead of back dashing when you need to heal. You need to create real distance and or wait until they've left themselves open. I can't count how many times I died dashing back and trying to heal when I'd have been better off standing face to face with a sliver of life left and tapping block for a few more seconds.

thebunnman

• Rep: -1
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2019, 05:01:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's a different approach. I need to try more of the skills out. I think I will give the game another go. I'm stuck at the armored guy you fight on the enclosed bridge. I guess you just have to block until his stance bar builds up, which is not my playstyle.
armoured warrior's a weird one, you can't kill him with a deathblow you need to do a deathblow near to the edge of the bridge and launch him off the edge to kill him
i take back what i said about it getting easier tho, pretty sure im on the last two bosses and they're unreasonably hard, doesn't help that i haven't been playing as much either so i'm kinda out of the zone, anyone else struggling with isshin the sword saint and demon of hatred?

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2019, 10:04:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
armoured warrior's a weird one, you can't kill him with a deathblow you need to do a deathblow near to the edge of the bridge and launch him off the edge to kill him
i take back what i said about it getting easier tho, pretty sure im on the last two bosses and they're unreasonably hard, doesn't help that i haven't been playing as much either so i'm kinda out of the zone, anyone else struggling with isshin the sword saint and demon of hatred?

shit, i'm stuck on the Owl right now.  Gotten soooo damn close a number of times but nothing yet unfortunately.  sounds like you're in the very endgame, nice!  thinking about NG+?
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

thebunnman

• Rep: -1
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2019, 12:00:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

shit, i'm stuck on the Owl right now.  Gotten soooo damn close a number of times but nothing yet unfortunately.  sounds like you're in the very endgame, nice!  thinking about NG+?
yeah owl's a right little cunt, was stuck on him for a pretty long time, all his dialogue about 'the will of the parent is absolute' is pretty jokes tho.
yeah i've definitely considered ng+, would definitely be keen to try and unlock all the skills, i'll just have to see if i can deal with the stress again hahaha, summer's nearly here now too which makes it more unlikely

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2019, 06:35:48 AM »
NG+ is so much easier. Having 10 gourds and a bigger health bar is a huge assist.