Author Topic: Shitty Wheel Thread  (Read 7286 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
Re: Shitty Wheel Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2019, 07:36:49 PM »
Had a pair of some smaller brand called Wub and they felt chalky and slow
I also have a pair of Autobahn dualduro wheels and maybe the thin shape was something that I wasn't used to but they really do suck
I bought a set of Insane-a-thane OJs and I didn't like the weird, mushy, chalk feel
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2019, 08:28:39 PM »
So I took my new spitfire classics out tonight and started to slide around. So far I'm not noticing much of a difference between the classics and the f4's. A few little chips and cuts on the wheel but other than that they look and feel good so far. They are the bright orange new English spitfires if anyone is curious!

Dustwardprez

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2019, 08:56:31 PM »
I want to like oj again but from what I’ve see in the last 2 years they’re not for me.

Abe had Omar’s wheels the conical one with the little green logo. One was really rolled out because he doesn’t rotate. Any way
They were pushing the bearings out of the seats in all four wheels.  I’d crush them back into the seat for him but they would just start fucking up again. I suggested spacers so we could keep them tight as possible but he was like whatever I’ll just ride them.

Next he got the street razor reissue. That seemed like it was going to be my next wheel as well because I had them as a kid and they were fast as hell.

I was doing nose blunt slides across the manny pad on his board because that one of my favorite tricks and I flat spotted the wheel after a few.

I’m going to stick to formula 4 it seems. The only wheel I liked as much were the orange pigs I had like fucking 20 yrs ago.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2019, 09:07:47 PM »
I want to like oj again but from what I’ve see in the last 2 years they’re not for me.

Abe had Omar’s wheels the conical one with the little green logo. One was really rolled out because he doesn’t rotate. Any way
They were pushing the bearings out of the seats in all four wheels.  I’d crush them back into the seat for him but they would just start fucking up again. I suggested spacers so we could keep them tight as possible but he was like whatever I’ll just ride them.

Next he got the street razor reissue. That seemed like it was going to be my next wheel as well because I had them as a kid and they were fast as hell.

I was doing nose blunt slides across the manny pad on his board because that one of my favorite tricks and I flat spotted the wheel after a few.

I’m going to stick to formula 4 it seems. The only wheel I liked as much were the orange pigs I had like fucking 20 yrs ago.
I honestly feel like Oj wants to like OJ again

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2019, 01:46:47 AM »
In my experienc:  OJ III
Those were horrible.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2019, 04:02:48 AM »
Expensive Rictas are dope. Mini logo wheels are good to throw away.  Bones 100s seem like the best value.

i've stepped on a few boards with bones 100s and they felt like shit. wouldnt spend the £25 on them when you can get a set of Death wheels for £20 which atleast have some slide to them, or you can find Ricta naturals on sale here for £20. shit a year or two back i got a set of formula fours and bones reds brand new in the packaging for £27 off eBay which kinda stung as they were a gift and i'd just paid full price for f4s and reds myself  ::)

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2019, 07:09:30 AM »
spitfire soft d's

slow on anything, could be good on a kids first board i guess

Dustwardprez

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2019, 08:54:14 AM »
spitfire soft d's

What are you talking about? The 80hd wheel fucking cooks. I got over 40 the other day headed down to the store. They definitely don’t slide though so I was kinda shitting my pants and ended up going way too far down the hill. I would not recommend these for kids. You’re a fucking idiot

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2019, 09:01:22 AM »
Expand Quote
spitfire soft d's

[close]

What are you talking about? The 80hd wheel fucking cooks. I got over 40 the other day headed down to the store. They definitely don’t slide though so I was kinda shitting my pants and ended up going way too far down the hill. I would not recommend these for kids. You’re a fucking idiot

The Spitfire 80HDs suck. Slow on anything like sharkin said. On rough ground OJ Keyframes are twice as fast and they both slide equally not at all.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
spitfire soft d's

[close]

[close]

The Spitfire 80HDs suck. Slow on anything like sharkin said. On rough ground OJ Keyframes are twice as fast and they both slide equally not at all.

You’re insane or fucking stupid.  That is the fastest wheel I got and one of them is like under 50mm. I have bearings that are all busted loose in them too because I primarily ride that board in the rain.

Oj’s suck dog hole

Dustwardprez

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2019, 09:34:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expensive Rictas are dope. Mini logo wheels are good to throw away.  Bones 100s seem like the best value.
[close]

i've stepped on a few boards with bones 100s and they felt like shit. wouldnt spend the £25 on them when you can get a set of Death wheels for £20 which atleast have some slide to them, or you can find Ricta naturals on sale here for £20. shit a year or two back i got a set of formula fours and bones reds brand new in the packaging for £27 off eBay which kinda stung as they were a gift and i'd just paid full price for f4s and reds myself  ::)

That’s pretty fucking expensive. I wonder if value added tax is why no American wheels are poured in Europe

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2019, 10:26:25 AM »
go back and read -- i'm talking about soft d's

Here's a flash card you fucking idiot

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2019, 11:10:05 AM »

do they still make those? I know they have the 80hd but I always hated the way the soft d’s looked.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2019, 11:15:42 AM »

My friend had a set of these and he hated them with a passion.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2019, 06:57:42 PM »
Took my wheels out for a second time and slowly getting rid of the tread. They slide great down hill and they feel good after riding them. I don’t know why people don’t like the classics. They feel just like f4’s and they slide almost as good. One thing I will say is that they do wear a little too fast for a wheel but other wise like them so far.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2019, 02:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That’s pretty fucking expensive. I wonder if value added tax is why no American wheels are poured in Europe

formula fours brand new are around £45, stfs £40, spitfire classics £30 etc.

gaunt

• Rep: 104
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2019, 03:29:43 AM »

These didn't last at all for me, wore through them on one summer day.
i've been wondering where the hell i got this wax from that's been sitting in a drawer with a bunch of other old shit from 15 years ago. feels good possessing something stupid from such a stupid company as a relic of their memory

StroudMears

• Rep: -23
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2019, 04:56:41 AM »
I don't get the F4 hype. I bought these expensive wheels thinking they last. It's already a tiny wheel after 3 months of skating a few times a week. I did a few blunts on a stone bench and they easily flatspotted, it evened out quick but still.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2019, 06:15:59 AM »
I don't get the F4 hype. I bought these expensive wheels thinking they last. It's already a tiny wheel after 3 months of skating a few times a week. I did a few blunts on a stone bench and they easily flatspotted, it evened out quick but still.
  Bones 100s for u.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2019, 10:33:32 AM »

The F4 hype is that they don't do any of the things that happened to your bootleg F4s.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2019, 11:02:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The F4 hype is that they don't do any of the things that happened to your bootleg F4s.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2019, 06:56:09 PM »

I had forgotten about these. Yes they fucking sucked. Smaller soft wheels must have a core or they barely roll

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2019, 03:01:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
spitfire soft d's

[close]

[close]

[close]

You’re insane or fucking stupid.  That is the fastest wheel I got and one of them is like under 50mm. I have bearings that are all busted loose in them too because I primarily ride that board in the rain.

Oj’s suck dog hole

I feel sorry for you for only having slow ass wheels. They’re by far the slowest and worst wheels I’ve had. Slow on rough ground, slow on smooth ground. Useless.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2019, 06:40:46 AM »
I had Pure wheels once... on a Jamie Thomas toy machine deck.... so you do that math on a time line.... anyways, they were absolutely horrible, barely rolled even on day one... serious, and I had good old loose German bearings in them... as they wore down a second  layer was in them, like they hid plastic in the centre and then put horrible urethan over them... but it was not a core wheel, just a mix of materials.

also I had a a set of gold wheels, I bought them for the shape... and they just didn't have speed. They felt like a wheel on a K Mart deck.. and those were with Swiss bearings. I don't even ride them,  I had a shop at the time and just threw them out that night... so bad I wouldn't give them away.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2019, 07:57:26 AM »
Day 3 of the spitfire classics. Took they down hill for a few slides and they slide fine. I am starting to notice that they don’t roll as well as the f4’s but it may be because of my new bearings.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2019, 12:33:09 PM »
"fucking idiot" has been said a lot in here sheesh
good come sausage

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2019, 05:44:05 PM »
Ben Degros just reviewed the classic spitties actually!

I had a pair of Andrew GANG! Brophy Waywards on my last board - at first they felt absolutely terrible but weren't that bad after they broke in. Having said that I'm back on F4s and I don't think I'll be able to support small wheel brands ever again (even though I'd like to)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2019, 06:18:39 PM »
Ben Degros just reviewed the classic spitties actually!

I had a pair of Andrew GANG! Brophy Waywards on my last board - at first they felt absolutely terrible but weren't that bad after they broke in. Having said that I'm back on F4s and I don't think I'll be able to support small wheel brands ever again (even though I'd like to)
his review is pretty accurate I’ve been logging my time on these wheels for 3 days and so far they aren’t bad but I haven’t broken them in quite yet.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2019, 07:44:44 PM »
I had Pure wheels once... on a Jamie Thomas toy machine deck.... so you do that math on a time line.... anyways, they were absolutely horrible, barely rolled even on day one... serious, and I had good old loose German bearings in them... as they wore down a second  layer was in them, like they hid plastic in the centre and then put horrible urethan over them... but it was not a core wheel, just a mix of materials.

also I had a a set of gold wheels, I bought them for the shape... and they just didn't have speed. They felt like a wheel on a K Mart deck.. and those were with Swiss bearings. I don't even ride them,  I had a shop at the time and just threw them out that night... so bad I wouldn't give them away.

had those wheels also, "Pure" shit! got a bunch in trade for weed, rode one set and the riding surface just peeled away, looked like the moon underneath. traded the rest for WI wheels.

afoct5

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2019, 01:49:21 PM »

I was going to say these as well. I just went through two sets of Spitfire 80HD Chargers in a couple of weeks because they fell apart so quickly and easily. One unlucky pebble strike or slightly sharp sidewalk crack (especially while they're new) and you can completely ruin a wheel. If you can get a set with a decently machined core (there's manufacturing issues there as well) and get past the first couple of weeks or so they seem to harden up and handle the usual things a cruising wheel should handle a bit better. Problem is, then they seem to get much slower.

I'm on Acid Chemical Co 55mm 86A Pods now and though Keyframes are better than 80HD's these seem a bit faster and are USA made rather than China. I have to roll over a lot of metal grates in the road where I live in Okinawa and the Pods are really taking a beating quite well with little noticeable wear and tear to the wheel.