Author Topic: Rodney sweet transition trick  (Read 5376 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Rodney sweet transition trick
« on: May 21, 2019, 11:58:24 AM »
  Did Rodney skate any mini ramp in those rodney vs videos?  As a fan i wish he'd devote a little time toward transition and document a trick.  Its good to get out of ur comfort zone. Anyway i admit its greed on my part- hes already gifted the world many times over and transends skate.  Hes a visionary.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
Re: Rodney sweet transition trick
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 12:01:48 PM »
  Did Rodney skate any mini ramp in those rodney vs videos?  As a fan i wish he'd devote a little time toward transition and document a trick.  Its good to get out of ur comfort zone. Anyway i admit its greed on my part- hes already gifted the world many times over and transends skate.  Hes a visionary.

To my knowledge, he has no mini ramp footage in those videos.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 12:03:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

To my knowledge, he has no mini ramp footage in those videos.
  Thanks.

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 12:06:55 PM »
I think there is some footage of him skating the quarter at the old World Park out there somewhere. I can see a him doing backside heelflip on that quarter in my mind, but can't remember where it's from.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 12:11:41 PM »
I remember in some interview Cab was telling a story of early Rodney skating just vert until he got hurt and his dad made him stop skating. Doubt there’s any footage of that but it be sick to see.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 12:19:51 PM »
I remember hearing from an old head they had seen Rodney skate vert once and only once in the 80s. Supposedly he dropped in hit the first wall and did a +5 second andrecht, and then hit the second wall and did a head high backside Ollie. Proceeded to smile, and then walk off the vert ramp. So yes, if you were wondering, Rodney Mullen is the greatest ever, and that’s further proof.

Edit: that Rodney smile I’m describing, he either does it in the opinion video or round 3 where he has this smile that albeit Rodney’s to humble for this to
Be true, it legitimately looks like he’s grinning at the camera saying I know I’m the GOAT and no one will ever come close, just by that damn smile.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 12:22:53 PM by cheetahsheets »

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 12:24:05 PM »
I never knew I needed to see this until now

element4life

• Rep: 7
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 12:38:29 PM »
he does some stuff on that one pretty steep bank i know its not the same but its something

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 12:40:33 PM »
I never knew I needed to see this until now

I one hundred percent agree. that story blew my mind when I heard it. a head high backside Ollie? I can only think of one dude in the 80s who could do that, which is staab(one of the most unbeloved skaters ever too), and 5+ second invert? Who was doing extended inverts to that degree other then blender and a few others. If Rodney can
Somehow do these tricks, yet literally I’ve only talked to one old head close to him who has seen it, then where the fuck did he find the time to even practice vert? Like I’ve even talked to fucking Bruce Walker(dope dope dope ass mofo), and no one EVER saw Rodney practice vert EVER. So if Rodney in secret has the ability to do that, there is NO DOUBT in my mind he couldn’t have competed with hawk and hosoi if it weren’t for his dad.

“Big Money
Big Cars

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 12:43:20 PM »
He talks about skating vert some in his book. It's a solid read.

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 12:51:34 PM »
I don’t remember where I heard this, but Stacy would ignore some of the Bones Brigades’ talents so they didn’t make each other look bad. He felt that they each needed to have a “thing” in order to succeed, so he’d downplay Rodney’s vert career and Tony’s street skating. He worked hard to make Mike McGill look good

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 12:51:52 PM »

Ever since Shit_For_Brains said you looked like this i can't look away

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 01:04:05 PM »

The book is a solid read. Sadly it’s not close to being accurate in it’s sold form. I know people who know Sean Mortimer well(the guy who wrote the book), and from all accounts the book is wildly immaculate for legal purposes and because Rodney didn’t want to let anyone in to those parts. I’ve also heard that when Sean went to interview Rodney for that book he took a tape recorder, and it was basically Mullen crying for hours on end about how fucked up his life was. I don’t know all the details, but most of the legal stuff had to do with his father. His dad supposedly was the guy who was gonna drop a nuke on Korea, and supposedly the fail safes to give only the president power to drop nukes weren’t as strong back then, and his dad was able to make a device to where he could willfully drop nukes with no external trigger. So his dad basically had the power to alter world history for eternity, so that’s the type of guy u were dealing with. There’s all kinds of other mob related shit to his dad including hiring a hitman to break his legs, etc. I believe his dad also went to MIT and was like a super genius. Hope that’s enough sauce for y’all devouring slap today.

“Big Money
Big Cars

Silent Bob.

• Rep: 67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 01:26:11 PM »
That is, indeed, a spicy meatball

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 01:30:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The book is a solid read. Sadly it’s not close to being accurate in it’s sold form. I know people who know Sean Mortimer well(the guy who wrote the book), and from all accounts the book is wildly immaculate for legal purposes and because Rodney didn’t want to let anyone in to those parts. I’ve also heard that when Sean went to interview Rodney for that book he took a tape recorder, and it was basically Mullen crying for hours on end about how fucked up his life was. I don’t know all the details, but most of the legal stuff had to do with his father. His dad supposedly was the guy who was gonna drop a nuke on Korea, and supposedly the fail safes to give only the president power to drop nukes weren’t as strong back then, and his dad was able to make a device to where he could willfully drop nukes with no external trigger. So his dad basically had the power to alter world history for eternity, so that’s the type of guy u were dealing with. There’s all kinds of other mob related shit to his dad including hiring a hitman to break his legs, etc. I believe his dad also went to MIT and was like a super genius. Hope that’s enough sauce for y’all devouring slap today.
I can't forgive Mullen for kicking off the narcissistic, blowhard TedTalk era of skateboarding.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 01:32:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that does sound wildly immaculate!

soonbanned

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 01:41:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rodney is a secret CIA project confirmed

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 01:41:30 PM »

Did he?  -fuckin bastard.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 06:25:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
  Did he?  -fuckin bastard.
[close]
"What do I know? - I'm just a caveman"
Cassius has the same nose^

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2019, 06:30:11 PM »
Sucks for you, Rodney can't hell ride or 18 on tranny.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 06:33:12 PM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 06:43:05 PM »

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2019, 06:49:38 PM »
Rodney is my favorite

Dustwardprez

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2019, 07:26:12 PM »
Rodney smells like bologna

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2019, 07:27:35 PM »
Rodney smells like bologna
  Ball log nah
  TF?

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2019, 07:31:11 PM »
I remember way back reading somewhere that he had only lost one freestyle contest and won one vert contest.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2019, 07:40:22 PM »
Hard to imagine Rodney even dropping in with that very unique centre of gravity hunch he has.

No doubt the man could do anything though.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2019, 08:33:18 PM »
Hard to imagine Rodney even dropping in with that very unique centre of gravity hunch he has.

No doubt the man could do anything though.

Rumor has it he did a casper slide all the way across the vert ramp coping first try, decided that vert was too easy, then retired forever. 
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Fred Savage

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2019, 08:57:16 PM »
I heard Rodney made up 90 percent of his tricks after his first acid trip in Daytona beach in 1983. He dosnt talk about it but  basically from what I understand modern skateboarding(every flip trick invented) is  because of lsd. Rodney would just hang out in his parents garage tripping on acid making tricks up.  The impossible was Rodney trying to describe that yes album fragile as a trick. Which he would practice to. He never came down. Acid casualty but The Godfather of every single flip trick.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2019, 09:08:39 PM »
I heard Rodney made up 90 percent of his tricks after his first acid trip in Daytona beach in 1983. He dosnt talk about it but  basically from what I understand modern skateboarding(every flip trick invented) is  because of lsd. Rodney would just hang out in his parents garage tripping on acid making tricks up.  The impossible was Rodney trying to describe that yes album fragile as a trick. Which he would practice to. He never came down. Acid casualty but The Godfather of every single flip trick.

Rodney had the majority of his tricks made prior to 84, mainly between 80-82, but also a lot between 83-84. There were literally tricks he would only break out alone for years on end until he thought he had the trick so robust, that he would whip it out. That’s an insane amount of holding back until u could do the tricks at a flawless execution. Impossibles were already done by freestylers a few years before Rodney’s time the tailhook style(Rodney does these too on banks), he just adapted the Ollie onto the trick.

“Big Money
Big Cars