Author Topic: Andy Anderson a kook?  (Read 52168 times)

Mark Renton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
Re: Andy Anderson a kook?
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2019, 04:16:18 AM »
I didn’t know who he was before this thread. He fits Powell to me. Not my cup of tea but he’s doing his thing having fun, let him be.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2019, 05:58:32 AM »
Why do people keep claiming he has artistic abilities without providing evidence?

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2019, 06:24:16 AM »
I’ve seen him skate multiple times live and he really might be the all around best skater in the world. I’ll admit when I watch him I’m a bit of a hater. I can’t really explain why. He’s friendly, doesn’t snake people etc. But it just sort of gives me the same feeling as seeing someone eat something gross. Like seeing someone just chowing a stick of butter. I think it might be just the idea that if he’s one of the best skaters in the world, he’s an ambassador and he’s not the person who I would to ever picture what a great skater is in my minds eye. But that’s just my latent human disgust of the “other”. Not a great quality once observed. Maybe he’s given me more than a video part to repeat. But taught me something about myself. Thanks Andy. You goofy weirdo.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 06:31:07 AM by vancanman »

Dustwardprez

« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2019, 07:57:01 AM »
The illusion made a few YouTube videos about me. He called me a kook because I punch Nazis with a bandanna on

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2019, 08:08:34 AM »
Andy Anderson literally looks EXACTLY like my friend Dave. Like a carbon copy of a human.

I went to Damn Am NYC in 2015 and Andy was there just sitting around before warm ups, and I went up to him and said, "Holy shit Dave, I didn't know you were going to be here, let alone skating." As soon as I said that, I realized it was not my friend Dave.

Andy proceeded to ask me what the hell I was talking about, considering his name is not Dave. I told him he potentially has a long lost twin brother that's living in Pittsburgh.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

tedkootz

• Rep: -58
  • my life be like ooh ahh
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
andy anderson on autism confirmed

Dustwardprez

« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2019, 10:31:57 AM »

Everyone is getting on that theses days. The spectrum has become an ever broadening band of bull shit.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2019, 11:15:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Everyone is getting on that theses days. The spectrum has become an ever broadening band of bull shit.

As a parent with an autistic son (4 year old), I can say that the spectrum has definitely been dramatically widened in recent years.

Having said that, I hope that he grows up to be as talented of a skater as Andy Anderson.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Suave

• Rep: -21
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2019, 11:45:26 AM »
The illusion made a few YouTube videos about me. He called me a kook because I punch Nazis with a bandanna on
post an illusion vid, kook

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 633
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2019, 12:06:01 PM »
Not a kook; he's a genuine guy. His skating might not appeal to everyone but he is 100% doing it for himself (vs a gimmick… RE: Ritchie Jackson).

John Kreese

• Rep: -22
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2019, 01:59:12 PM »
He's a real nice person and is way better than you average Pro these days. Haters are always going to hate, this kid rules. If he rode for Frog or WKND you'd be calling him "legend" or "beast".

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2019, 02:02:31 PM »
Why do people keep claiming he has artistic abilities without providing evidence?

this was posted awhile back.. so the evidence is there if you choose to look for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8jSNpGX-ZM

there's some clip of him playing piano and he talks about how he quit piano to focus on skating.

pretty cool little edit actually
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2019, 02:04:05 PM »
He's a real nice person and is way better than you average Pro these days. Haters are always going to hate, this kid rules. If he rode for Frog or WKND you'd be calling him "legend" or "beast".

If he was on Frog or WKND I wouldn't even know or care who he was at all.

howcansheslap

• Rep: 0
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2019, 07:12:43 PM »
Not a kook; he's a genuine guy. His skating might not appeal to everyone but he is 100% doing it for himself (vs a gimmick… RE: Ritchie Jackson).

100% agree

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2019, 07:25:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Not a kook; he's a genuine guy. His skating might not appeal to everyone but he is 100% doing it for himself (vs a gimmick… RE: Ritchie Jackson).
[close]

100% agree
  Jackson has better style to his actual skating but yes hes way more of a kook.  Andys supercool compared to Evan Smith so theres that.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #165 on: May 29, 2019, 01:07:44 PM »
Expand Quote
A modern day warrior
mean dark slide
today's Nate Sherwood
white rock's pride
[close]

People's attitude towards Rush is similar to their attitude toward Andy.
Andy is the Rush of skateboarding

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #166 on: May 29, 2019, 01:18:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A modern day warrior
mean dark slide
today's Nate Sherwood
white rock's pride
[close]

People's attitude towards Rush is similar to their attitude toward Andy.
[close]
Andy is the Rush of skateboarding

So super talented but awful at the same time.

D10S

• Rep: -64
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #167 on: May 29, 2019, 04:32:08 PM »
the first rule of kook club is you don't talk about kook club.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -109
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #168 on: May 29, 2019, 05:05:25 PM »
Why are there 2 threads about this helmet finger glove fuck? He’s good but he’s like the kid you went to middle school with who just found out about Slipknot and Naruto

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2019, 08:07:24 PM »
I fuck with Andy. He is a super nice kid doing his own thing, who doesn’t give a fuck about what you think.  Watching him skate in person is fucking insane, he can legitimately do anything he wants.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1067
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #170 on: May 29, 2019, 08:48:45 PM »
Why are there 2 threads about this helmet finger glove fuck? He’s good but he’s like the kid you went to middle school with who just found out about Slipknot and Naruto

He’s the kind of guy that just beat you in Magic the Gathering, stole your girl, painted a sunset, candy-striped an old folks home, pops in his new Slipknot cd driving home, helps his sister with her homework, cleans up after dinner, hugs his momma, does his own homework and then catches up on a few episodes of this show Naruto that he just found out about before falling asleep.  While he’s asleep, he wills himself into having a lucid dream and is flying around the world on a magic carpet just kickin’ it enjoying the view and working on memorizing the digits of pi (he’s up to 63).

Meanwhile, all you did was watch Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and microwave a couple of hot pockets but they were still like ice in the middle but you were just like “eh, fuck it” and just bit through the icy core of the hot pocket because you forgot how to set the microwave to use 50% power and jerked off to that Aerosmith “Crazy” music video with Alicia Silverstone because Cinemax keeps changing the time slot for Emmanuelle in Space and you’re getting tired of trying to decipher what’s going on through the lines anyways.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

C Dash Money

• Rep: -10
« Reply #171 on: May 29, 2019, 09:46:45 PM »
His face makes me fairly uncomfortable but I'm sure he is a nice guy

I'd probably like him more if he just shaved his head I don't know.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #172 on: May 29, 2019, 09:52:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He’s the kind of guy that just beat you in Magic the Gathering, stole your girl, painted a sunset, candy-striped an old folks home, pops in his new Slipknot cd driving home, helps his sister with her homework, cleans up after dinner, hugs his momma, does his own homework and then catches up on a few episodes of this show Naruto that he just found out about before falling asleep.  While he’s asleep, he wills himself into having a lucid dream and is flying around the world on a magic carpet just kickin’ it enjoying the view and working on memorizing the digits of pi (he’s up to 63).

Meanwhile, all you did was watch Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and microwave a couple of hot pockets but they were still like ice in the middle but you were just like “eh, fuck it” and just bit through the icy core of the hot pocket because you forgot how to set the microwave to use 50% power and jerked off to that Aerosmith “Crazy” music video with Alicia Silverstone because Cinemax keeps changing the time slot for Emmanuelle in Space and you’re getting tired of trying to decipher what’s going on through the lines anyways.

Someone gnar this fucker
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

fs overkrook

« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2019, 10:17:25 PM »
You’re all a bunch of bitches (minus gay) for arguing about this guy

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2019, 10:44:02 PM »
First drop sold out in about an hour. I know this because I tried to buy one, and was late to the party.

I got on the Powell mailing list to get the heads up, and got one on the second drop, checked back later that day and it was sold out as well.

Andy is great because he knows full well what’s “cool”’ and doesn’t care. He skates the way he wants to, and does it fucking well.
He has managed to make it to the pro finals in freestyle, street, and park.

All without worrying about what the rest of the skataliban thinks.
I've never seen this dude but it seems like he took a page out Daewon's book. No hate there.

I mean for how much people like skating because you can be a individual/don't have a team or coach skating has a lot of a fucking rules. What clothes are cool, what tricks are lame, can't do ABDs, etc...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 220
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #175 on: May 30, 2019, 01:17:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hahahaha

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2019, 03:30:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All of that being said, Andy does have that look of a kid who would eat his hot pockets completely frozen.

breezer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2019, 04:56:46 AM »

quality put down

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2019, 05:28:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kid rules, better to wear a helmet than get CTE
[close]

Yes because no NFL players have ever had CTE. Sorry to break it to you, but even the helmeted toddlers whose parents are forcing them to skate will still get brain damage. Helmets won't prevent this.
[close]

But it will spare your friends from wasting a perfectly nice t-shirt from soaking up your blood and cranial fluid.
[close]

I'm not against helmets whatsoever. They are fantastic for preventing skull injuries. The brain is another matter. Saying helmets will prevent CTE is just nonsense.

If they made a skate helmet with MIPS that would be a game changer though. That shit has saved me some concussions on my bikes.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 06:27:03 AM by Andmoreagain »

Malflourishment

« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2019, 07:33:31 AM »
Isn’t Chris Milic just Andy Anderson without the helmet?