Author Topic: Inverted Kingpins for Indy Stage 11?  (Read 6668 times)

the snake

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Inverted Kingpins for Indy Stage 11?
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2019, 10:36:56 AM »
What about perverted kingpins for Indy stage 11 ? no info on that

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2019, 10:44:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Has anybody tried using the krux kingpin in old stages baseplates with new hangers?
[close]

have heard that stage 8 baseplates will work but whether or not stage 11 hangers fit i do not know.

I know that Stage 8 baseplates fit perfectly with Stage 10 (mk II) hangers, not sure about Stage 11, though they look the same.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2019, 11:08:36 AM »
Has anybody tried using the krux kingpin in old stages baseplates with new hangers?

I don't know about how new hangers fit with the old baseplates, but:

Stage 7 baseplate -  Krux kingpins fit,  although they are super tight.  I couldn't get the kingpin as tight as I wanted because it was binding in the baseplate.  A little bit of buffing in the baseplate would probably make it work.  I didn't want to mess with it because I didn't want to maybe jack up my stage 7s.

Stage 6 baseplate (and probably older) - Krux not compatible.  The kingpin isn't long enough.

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2019, 06:39:50 PM »
Expand Quote
here's a stage XI baseplate with a krux downlow kingpin. nut held in place with jb weld.
[close]

did you use equal amounts of steel/hardener?

and how did you get that nut to stay in place to start with? put some jb weld underneath?

Started with the trucks assembled, with bushings + downlow king pin tightened until the nut in baseplate started to spin.
Then sliced about a half inch of JB weld off the log, and kneaded it with a putty knife to playdough consistency.
Then rolled the JB out into a noodle to work around the nut in the baseplate. Used a chopstick to push into place around the nut, CAREFUL not to get any JB into the threads of the nut or onto the kingpin.
Finished by smoothing the JB out with a finger (with a little water on my finger)

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2019, 08:34:43 PM »
What about perverted kingpins for Indy stage 11 ? no info on that

yeah, not a lot of people sticking kingpins up their butt.

aciddrop

• Rep: -2
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2019, 03:04:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
here's a stage XI baseplate with a krux downlow kingpin. nut held in place with jb weld.
[close]

did you use equal amounts of steel/hardener?

and how did you get that nut to stay in place to start with? put some jb weld underneath?
[close]

Started with the trucks assembled, with bushings + downlow king pin tightened until the nut in baseplate started to spin.
Then sliced about a half inch of JB weld off the log, and kneaded it with a putty knife to playdough consistency.
Then rolled the JB out into a noodle to work around the nut in the baseplate. Used a chopstick to push into place around the nut, CAREFUL not to get any JB into the threads of the nut or onto the kingpin.
Finished by smoothing the JB out with a finger (with a little water on my finger)

great thanks for that. Is this the right one?

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2019, 07:33:34 PM »
yes, that's it! sorry for the delay