Author Topic: 2nd favorite hobby outside of skating  (Read 6441 times)

Lukabrazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
Re: 2nd favorite hobby outside of skating
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »
I snowboard about 60-90 days a season, (still snowing TODAY, where I live) and I play the piano/keyboard and lucky enough to jam with a few different groups of folks.

those are probably my favorite things to do besides skateboarding. camping / hiking / backpacking come next.

but in reality I probably just watch skate videos 75% of my life .

scomug

• Rep: 1
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2019, 09:24:53 PM »
surfing

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2019, 03:46:45 AM »
Build large train model sets/landscapes and anything that has to do with carpentry. Spend 50 hours a week on my ass in a desk job, so I prefer to stay clear from computers and work something out with my hands whenever I have the opportunity for it.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2019, 05:35:03 AM »

Dirt bikes are my #2 right now. I just got a trials bike and damn it feels like skating, you find a nice rocky area and play around like it's a skatepark, except its the middle of the woods and peaceful n shit.

I used to be really into guitar for years and years, but I got into a slump where I felt like I was technically proficient but my playing was uninspired, and I hate that shit. I should play more often though.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2019, 06:21:32 AM »
Tie between guitar playing and record collecting. I probably play a little more guitar than skateboard nowadays. Record collecting has been consistent for at least the past 10 years. Always wish I skated more often. Seems like there are not enough hours in a day to do it all.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2019, 06:49:02 AM »
I used to write. Now I just do stickers and hands. It weird being busted when you’re old. I can’t be standing in shackles because I don’t want to pay for paint.

I fucking hate cameras

feedmeseymour

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2019, 07:47:14 AM »
I used to write. Now I just do stickers and hands. It weird being busted when you’re old. I can’t be standing in shackles because I don’t want to pay for paint.

I fucking hate cameras

i know racking is part of the culture or whatever, but really whats 3.50 for a can of rusto? you could do a piece for ten bucks, thats not that much money.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2019, 08:15:59 AM »
Expand Quote

I fucking hate cameras
[close]

i know racking is part of the culture or whatever, but really whats 3.50 for a can of rusto? you could do a piece for ten bucks, thats not that much money.
Think of the street cred though.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2019, 09:49:49 AM »
me and some boys have been bouldering a lot lately. it's the same type of feeling as skating.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2019, 10:50:16 AM »
Expand Quote

I fucking hate cameras
[close]

Yeah, agreed with being locked up old. I got bagged almost a year ago and it was fucking horrible. Not painting for that aspect i get with age, but not painting for the price is a stretch.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2019, 02:09:13 PM »
I play darts.  Not just at home, but in a very large local league and in National Tournaments and stuff.  For a long time darts became my #1.  Because of it, I'm now a fat ass and I'm really sluggish on my board.  Still love to skate though.

I am with you.  Darts is really good though it sounds like you are better than me.  I am at the level where 180s are rare and a cause for celebration.  I would like to play more but I only have one friend who plays and my town doesn't have a league or anything.

Mountain biking and backpacking

MC3

• Rep: 128
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2019, 02:33:29 PM »
Playing guitar
(Cool Trick GIF)

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2019, 02:54:18 PM »
Cooking probably

skatefresh

• Rep: 21
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2019, 09:13:10 PM »
Weight training. As I've gotten older, skating just isn't enough to stay in shape. I've found lifting has made taking slams easier and in general my endurance is a lot better. It's honestly similar to skateboarding in a sense that you get out of it what you put in.

ralf_

• Rep: -36
  • yo
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2019, 04:50:03 AM »
drinking & graffiti
fun fun fun

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2019, 07:49:21 AM »
I play beer league hockey, I'm much better at hockey than I am at skateboarding tbh. Hockey isn't really like other team sports out there in that most people who play end up playing for life. There are so many leagues out there, from elite leagues where you'll find former pro, junior, and college players,  to old timer leagues where guys can be in their 70's. Putting together a play where everyone on your line touches the puck and it ends up in the net is every bit as satisfying as landing a trick perfectly and rolling away.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2019, 10:43:58 AM »
I keep meaning to look into some hobbies, I do some basic drawing and making stickers and stuff but would love to learn something like knife making or screen printing.

My main problem is I work 10pm to 6 and sleep/loaf most of the day and have a tendency to be a bit of an unmotivated shit.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2019, 10:45:14 AM »
$eLLinG dRuG$
mArLeY