Author Topic: How to STOP Pushing Mongo! (Fast and Easy)  (Read 8522 times)

woodinbrine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
Re: How to STOP Pushing Mongo! (Fast and Easy)
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2019, 04:48:28 AM »
I don’t push mongo when I’m going to do a fakie or switch trick. I push regular like I would for a normal trick, but once I’m at the right speed I sort of just hop up and slide my left foot back and put my right foot at the front.

The push isn’t mongo but getting on the board is mongo-ish.

I do this mongo-hop as well.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2019, 08:32:48 AM »
I disagree about flat.

Push up hill

anon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2019, 10:56:31 AM »
dropping in is mongo

XS Progression

• Rep: -47
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2019, 08:17:31 AM »
Is this whole forum board full of trolls? Or do you guys actually skate too? Pushing with your back foot on the board makes it way harder to set up for tricks quickly, messes up balance while pushing and makes it more likely to trip over the board while running up and pushing. Tryna help some people who skate with something commonly talked about, but overlooked when learning. I know it helped me a lot to not push mongo anymore

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2019, 08:39:40 AM »
Is this whole forum board full of trolls? Or do you guys actually skate too? Pushing with your back foot on the board makes it way harder to set up for tricks quickly, messes up balance while pushing and makes it more likely to trip over the board while running up and pushing. Tryna help some people who skate with something commonly talked about, but overlooked when learning. I know it helped me a lot to not push mongo anymore

Front Foot of Fury has Colvin Power, Danforth Energies, Stranger Symbiosis, Dressen Danger. The Dill Dangle? C'mon. Please take your hate elsewhere. There's no room for your thinly diguised bigotry here. Gall Bless.

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2019, 09:47:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
if you need to create a damned video to help people from pushing mongo that isnt satire....then you can can go cover yourself in shit. Get the fuck outta here with this kooky fuckery.
[close]

Wishing you happiness in your life  :)
[close]
nah seriously fuck of
"If you want to stop pushing mongo, stop pushing mongo" amazing insight.

XS Progression

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2019, 12:14:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Front Foot of Fury has Colvin Power, Danforth Energies, Stranger Symbiosis, Dressen Danger. The Dill Dangle? C'mon. Please take your hate elsewhere. There's no room for your thinly diguised bigotry here. Gall Bless.

hahah I almost took that seriously and YouTubed all of those names and after finding no skateboarding results, I realized you're messin around

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2019, 12:20:47 PM »
It's nicknames he just used but you should be able to recognize who they are refering to (they all have their right last name) and effectively look them up if you're especially interested in mongo pushing.

Also many people like Ali Boulala used to push mongo for years and only later fixed their stance. I didn't watch your video so maybe you already covered that.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 05:46:34 PM by silhouette »

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2019, 04:36:50 PM »
I was able to quit pushing mongo pretty much immediately once I found out it was frowned upon, but I totally disagree with the whole faster setup thing.

I pop off the tip of my tail, so it's really uncomfortable to setup my front foot with my back foot like that. I'm pushing, putting my back foot on the board (usually over the bolts), setting my front foot, then setting my back foot. Pushing mongo (which I don't actually do anymore) I can push, set my front foot, then set my back foot.

Never really thought about it much. Probably why I suck at quick set-ups. Are you guys setting your front foot with your back foot already 100% set in ollie position? I could do it, but it just doesn't feel right, especially for something like a heel flip or varial heel.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2019, 05:49:03 AM »
Sooo.

I blew my acl dec 2016. I was forced to learn to push switch after pushing sw Mongoloid since I started in the 80s.

There’s a hill outside that’s not too big and I also used the bridge that goes over the tracks to the park.

Pushing up hill will give you balance if you slip backwards the board will come back to you. It’s also like lifting weights.

I skated between spots switch
To the store etc for an entire winter 

Today people ask what stance are you? It makes me happy.

If it worked for me at age 39 it will work for everyone.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2019, 06:16:57 AM »
I wish someone could make a video teachin how to rock a smile. It's just permanently sewn into mah face, I'm tryna look menacin

mad lad.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2019, 10:50:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

hahah I almost took that seriously and YouTubed all of those names and after finding no skateboarding results, I realized you're messin around

I'm starting to believe now that OP is serious. Is it possible, in this age of hyper information, for a grown man to have recently fallen off the turnip truck?

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2019, 01:02:27 PM »
I believe that pushing mongo in the beginning helps being a more natural switch skater later on.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2019, 03:29:57 PM »
Something I observed since I discovered the scooterers.

They all push mongo. Every kid I’ve taken off a scooter and put on a board goes to push mongo.

Look at grosso’s kid. He gave him a scooter.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2019, 05:22:55 PM »
Something I observed since I discovered the scooterers.

They all push mongo. Every kid I’ve taken off a scooter and put on a board goes to push mongo.

Look at grosso’s kid. He gave him a scooter.
   I like Grosso that much more now.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

flat shapes is blasphemy

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2019, 02:50:32 AM »
I got punched by the older skaters everytime i pushed mongo so eventually i started pushing regular.

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2019, 06:05:05 PM »
Switch Mongo for Ricky

Dustwardprez

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2019, 12:43:43 AM »
Switch Mongo for Ricky

No piss peddling

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -69
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2019, 11:00:30 AM »
Mongo to fakie Ollie.

Ronreyes666

• Rep: 0
  • FUCK WOMEN
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2019, 07:13:17 PM »
Quote from: XS Progression link=topic=105506.msg3040119#msg3040119 date=155966840
[move
just stop it[/move]
Chase

Ronreyes666

• FUCK WOMEN
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2019, 07:14:14 PM »
nega
Chase

Ronreyes666

• FUCK WOMEN
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2019, 07:14:32 PM »
penis
Chase

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2019, 03:30:03 PM »
Watched this just to see how stupid it was, and boy was I right. You literally didn't teach anything, you just said practice

XS Progression

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2020, 06:58:16 PM »
Sup trolls?

Just wanted to come back and remind you that this video now has over 54k views and has helped so many people. Top search result on google too. Thanks for the support.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2020, 07:41:46 PM »
Sup trolls?

Just wanted to come back and remind you that this video now has over 54k views and has helped so many people. Top search result on google too. Thanks for the support.

You da troll. Mongo pushin' troll. Bill says, "You've helped no-one." Just gave you your 43rd Thumbs down. 43 is a magical number. Look out...

2k0u0k0

• Rep: -2
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2020, 05:09:25 PM »
Great vid dude :))

// Mr.46th dislike

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2020, 05:46:57 PM »
1. figure out which leg is your front one (left for regs, right for goofy).

2. remove your shoe and using your front leg, kick a brick wall, driving your big toe straight into the surface and perhaps breaking it, at least injuring it significantly.

3. continue skateboarding every day despite the pain and discomfort. the need to keep that toe immobile over the next month will cure what ails you, guaranteed.

Serious Bob

• Rep: 5
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2021, 07:53:00 PM »
fuck you bro