Author Topic: imagine looking at a baby and naming it cambryan  (Read 16990 times)

Tuna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: imagine looking at a baby and naming it cambryan
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2019, 06:42:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i laughed at that second dweeb, hair: check, tousle: check, cigs: check, drag: check
[close]

[close]

[close]

that clip would have been great if he did some absurdly hard trick after

not a dumb wallie
[close]

not applauding him but i’m a wallie guy and that wallie would take a good nights sleep with no drinking beforehand.
[close]
He was a former CASL champion at 13 so it should be somewhere in his wheelhouse.
[close]

+1 for using "in his wheelhouse"

(when i have the ability to do so)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0XqnQpcLflM

Edit: Hate posting links from mobile.
Double edit: he was undefeated the year he won. Was also on element and Osiris flow.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 06:56:22 PM by Tuna »

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2019, 07:08:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
cambryan is the most punk name

This dudes biggest dream is to ride for hockey for sure

pretty good skating but once again the fits are distracting.
[close]

had to settle for PACCBET instead
[close]

is it more or less punk to ride for the company ripping off the company you really want to ride for

Is PACCBET named for the opening area in MGS3?

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2019, 10:11:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
cambryan is the most punk name

This dudes biggest dream is to ride for hockey for sure

pretty good skating but once again the fits are distracting.
[close]

had to settle for PACCBET instead
[close]

is it more or less punk to ride for the company ripping off the company you really want to ride for
[close]

Is PACCBET named for the opening area in MGS3?

Nah its like sunrise or some shit in russian

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2019, 11:19:29 AM »
8:37?

TLDW

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -458
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2019, 09:17:44 AM »
I haven’t read the thread but who is that goth Bobby dekeyser dude who did the Wallie? Fuck him

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2019, 12:24:00 PM »
Seems like he's toned down his skating over the years. Part was sick but not a fan of the wanna be Hockey & strobeck vibe.

Heard he got kicked out of KTR as a kid for beating Jaggar Eatton in a contest.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2019, 08:38:14 PM »

Edit: Hate posting links from mobile.
Double edit: he was undefeated the year he won. Was also on element and Osiris flow.

Why not just go for it and use Kriss Kross' Jump?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2019, 12:16:42 PM »
Seems like he's toned down his skating over the years. Part was sick but not a fan of the wanna be Hockey & strobeck vibe.

Wait this is cambryan???

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2019, 06:02:21 PM »
I remember seeing 10-13 year old Dylan and being like this kid is gonna be the face of the entire skateboard industry one day.

You know I honestly thought Joey Poirez was going to be the face of the entire skateboard industry based off of the similar ability level as well
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

BigPants

• Rep: 2
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2019, 09:36:11 PM »
Haha I can't believe how many people are hating on this because of how the guy dresses, you guys are so obnoxious and pretentious.

Didn't love the edit but there were some pretty heavy tricks in there, drop-in grind was nuts. A couple gnarly tricks after the part ended too, that one fs 50-50 that kid did where his wheels were barely on the rail was pretty scary.

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2019, 02:43:57 PM »

I knew this kid looked different before. I looked back on his instagram and couldn’t find old posts. The clothing switch and shaved head thing is goofy but I back it. maybe I’m just biased because I like that music and aesthetic, whether he’s a poser or not. I definitelyremember seeing him doing a lot of bs 360s down big sets as a kid though. Dude earlier who said he was a Woodward kid was spot on.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2019, 06:45:12 PM »
Slap mention

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2019/07/29/coming-age-cambryan-sedlick/

I personally back his skating and his look, and he comes off as very level-headed in this interview considering how young he is.

Also I had no idea he did a bs 360 down an 18... WTF

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2019, 09:05:24 PM »
it's weird thinking about guys like tyler blue golden or cambryan or olan prenatt who i just found out about in the context of like every other guy out rn who was really good as a kid. like something happened that made them not as good or marketable as all the kids they came up with. sometimes it's good, like I doubt you'd want to end up like jagger Eaton. but look at mason silva and sean pablo and aidan. Aidan (and I'm a devoted fan of his skating) isn't even that good! Like cambryan has to be more interesting than silva, whose passions are*gasp* surfing and film photography.
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2019, 11:46:05 AM »
New interview in Jenkem...

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2019/07/29/coming-age-cambryan-sedlick/comment-page-2/

"There was so much funny shit on that SLAP thing, I love reading those. The name of the thread was like “imagine looking at a baby and naming it cambryan” [laughs]. There’s nothing you can do but laugh. It’s always some random ass goobers, I love it."

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2019, 12:48:53 PM »
Crazy he’s only 19. Maybe people gave him so much shit because they assumed he was older. Way manlier than jagger Eaton.

slippy

• Rep: 83
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2019, 02:55:14 PM »
Crazy he’s only 19. Maybe people gave him so much shit because they assumed he was older. Way manlier than jagger Eaton.

Probably kick Eaton AND his dad's ass.  I'll admit I was too quick to develop an opinion.  Seems cool and hey, a bunch of people wear highwaters and have a shaved head.  at 19 who isn't biting parts of everyone's shit.  props to mans
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2019, 06:47:03 PM »
4:31 was the most cringeworthy thing i've seen so far in 2019,
 have you seen Andy Roy interview Jereme because I could imagine that being a lot worse

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Coolhats

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2019, 04:44:52 AM »
I enjoyed the interview. Hopefully as he grows up he gets a style a little more unique to him, but I can’t hate on him for wearing what he thinks is cool right now. If I could have it my way, I’d dress like AA.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2019, 05:42:43 AM »
Expand Quote
what the fuck will andy anderson be known for other than his helmet
[close]

Are you really this much of a hater? I’m being serious, you’re not even bein objective of reality.
Andy is the only dude who can skate all 3 major disciplines at a pro quality level. Nobody in the history of skateboarding has ever done that. He has the ability to actually bring new tricks into the mainstream. He could possibly start a revolution in trick variety, spot selection, etc. I don’t see TJ changing anything by doing a bionic bs flip over a bump to bar, except maybe kids will do it on a bigger bump. Also Andy is fucking young, and if you have watched how he has progressed it’s quite absurd. Also he can skate transition and freestyle at a top level. Whenever he’s legs give out when he gets older on street, he already has the ability for longevity. Like Rodney Mullen was still progressing well into his 40s. You would be an idiot to think that && currently doesn’t have the highest ceiling in skating.

This is insane hyperbole.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2019, 06:01:20 AM »
I went to middle and high school with a girl named Cambryan. She went by Didi for almost the whole time, so I did not know what her real name was until after I found out she had a crush on me back in middle school, so then I tried to say "hey what's up" in high school...only to be shut down hard because as it turns out, I was something of a real asshole back then and she was not having it.

I deserved that.

morningcommute

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2019, 02:16:02 PM »
He just wants to fit in with the current trend and there's nothing wrong with that.

That said ,slap is just one vehicle of many to view and discuss skating and people will always talk shit that they think is tacky or wack. It isn't just slap users, it's kids at the park, whatsapp group chats and some guys at the bar.
You shouldn't try to make a career based on your ability to market your image to a culture of shit talkers that hyper analysis anything considered disingenuous if you're net ready to get some flack for being a private skate camp kid turned brooding hipster.

• Rep: 31
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2019, 03:10:55 PM »
I would prefer everyone wear white tees, light blue jeans, and green or blue Old Skools with blank boards but whatever. He's just trying to look cool, doesn't try to model, and skates well so I'm backing Camobryan.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2019, 03:53:47 PM »
I would prefer everyone wear white tees, light blue jeans, and green or blue Old Skools with blank boards but whatever. He's just trying to look cool, doesn't try to model, and skates well so I'm backing Camobryan.
;D thats pretty good

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2019, 10:21:38 PM »
Been backing him ever since I saw that bs 360 a few years back. He's a 19 year old who's good at skating, has a good head of hair, and is filmed all the time, can't blame him for a tousle here and there. Keep that footage coming Cam.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2019, 02:46:54 AM »
Expand Quote
That dude is fucked. Would be HUGE free agency decision for hockey. He EASILY would be there best rider. he’s like an exact 25% a piece mixture of kadow, krod, nik stain, big fitz all in one. This dude is legitimately the best “hockey” skater I’ve ever seen, would be the stupidest move to sleep on this guy. Him and && as of rn are my free agent choices I wish they would make(but && on FA with a dill makeover like Elijah).
[close]

for a long time i really thought you were playing some 5D chess, and fucking with everyone when it came to your weird obsession for &&. but you're not, you actually fuck with him. it's incredible
Who the fuck is &&?

euro tm

« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2019, 03:59:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That dude is fucked. Would be HUGE free agency decision for hockey. He EASILY would be there best rider. he’s like an exact 25% a piece mixture of kadow, krod, nik stain, big fitz all in one. This dude is legitimately the best “hockey” skater I’ve ever seen, would be the stupidest move to sleep on this guy. Him and && as of rn are my free agent choices I wish they would make(but && on FA with a dill makeover like Elijah).
[close]

for a long time i really thought you were playing some 5D chess, and fucking with everyone when it came to your weird obsession for &&. but you're not, you actually fuck with him. it's incredible
[close]
Who the fuck is &&?

circus trick kid who wears a helmet. don't think too much about it.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2019, 04:20:59 AM »
Terrible song. Enjoyed the clip though.

perfect song
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.