Author Topic: Minneapolis  (Read 1135 times)

nesta.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Minneapolis
« on: June 14, 2019, 08:09:42 AM »
Taking a solo trip up to Minneapolis next week. I know about the Government Center but not much else. Where are some good spots? I'm a low-impact guy so I don't care about stairs/gaps/handrails. What's the best outdoor park I should check out before or in between hitting the streets?

thomasthecuck

• Rep: 0
Re: Minneapolis
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 07:23:27 PM »
U of MN East Bank, theres a ledge spot thats pretty spacey and good flat, the spot itself is elevated so theres stairs leading up to it; just look up Northrup (name of the building).

Elliot skatepark is near the outskirts of downtown. pretty mellow park, but it does get packed full of art students.

There is a mellow hillbomb near the guthrie theater next to the river in Downtown. theres a mini fire hydrant on the sidewalk of said hillbomb.

Just near the guthrie theater, theres a big building called the Depot and theres a ride on train tracks.

Shitty timing tho, the city just torned down these parking ramps just a block over from the government center which had a waxed curb, and a curb up platform with smooth ground which is perfect for manual tricks

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 07:54:18 PM »
If you go to the government center do yourself a favor, and all the other skaters, and stay on the perimeter by the train track ledges. There’s a ton of good stuff downtown and if it rains Familia HQ is less than a mile from downtown. U of M is worth checking out for sure. You can pretty much get around via the light rail. Have fun

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 10:32:33 AM »
I have been staring at the roof of this parking garage for 3 days- no cars have been up there. its located next to the Royal Sonestra - right by the target center.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 06:13:09 PM »
From 2006 so I'm sure some things have changed, but: