Author Topic: Karsten Kleppan on WKND  (Read 27833 times)

somethingmustbreaknow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
Re: Karsten Kleppan on WKND
« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2019, 12:37:33 AM »
W K N D is dope.
karsten k is dope.
sk8mental sucks
brad staba sucks.

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2019, 06:52:45 AM »
So let me get this right. That Grant guy records his phone conversations with people without their permission or knowing and then makes little skits about it to promote the rider he just stole?  That is some weasel like behavior.

You thought that was real....fucking idiots man.
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

euro tm

« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2019, 07:21:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
WKND seems like a bunch of preppy frat boys that play beer pong and soccer. They probably listen to a lot of Dave Mathews  band and date each others sisters.
[close]

in all honesty you’re pretty spot on
[close]
Do frat boy dress like Silverlake hipsters and film dumb skits where you're from?

i’m from the same place as them so yeah

Fred Savage

« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2019, 07:35:34 AM »
Expand Quote
So let me get this right. That Grant guy records his phone conversations with people without their permission or knowing and then makes little skits about it to promote the rider he just stole?  That is some weasel like behavior.
[close]

You thought that was real....fucking idiots man.
Yep. That was a real phone call. I have no problem believing that.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2019, 08:37:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i heard that skatemental is done-done. whoever they have left that's still worth sponsoring will be popping up on other brands over the next few months and it'll probably just fade out.
[close]

Jack Curtain to KRKD? Borrest connect
[close]
If Krooked was ever an option, why the hell did he go to Skate Mental in the first place after leaving DGK.
[close]

Didn’t all that happen as he was losing LRG and on the verge if not already not getting checks from kayo?

I don’t remember how long ago that happened. But maybe just took a quick deal to get paid to avoid homelessness.
[close]
I would assume the thing stopping him from homelessness would be his NB# checks and not royalty checks from Skate Mental.

NB# is a pretty new sponsor for him too, pretty sure he lost fallen and was shoeless when he got om SM.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

KevinOHara

• Rep: -11
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2019, 01:29:42 AM »
yes PLZ

midnightsnack

• Rep: -57
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2019, 03:11:58 PM »
I grew up skating with Salomon and he is genuinely one of the best dudes ever

Would be so stoked if homie went to Palace

You a Naples head? I’m from Fort Myers #brotherhoodforlife

Black Frycook

« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2019, 04:01:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah I'm from Naples

Brotherhood was dope man I used to skate FM park sometimes before they tore it to down to build volleyball courts or whatever lol

euro tm

« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2019, 05:16:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah I'm from Naples

Brotherhood was dope man I used to skate FM park sometimes before they tore it to down to build volleyball courts or whatever lol

miss that place

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2019, 12:18:08 PM »
is it karsten that bailed on lakai for nike, then tried to get on girl? or do i have him and another euro confused?

edit: 3 seconds of googling it found it for me. It's in Carrolls Jenkem Interview
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/05/17/mike-carroll-on-the-future-of-crailtap/.

"Did I tell you about how fuckin’ regular that dude Kaspar is? Remember with Karsten [Kleppan], when we put out the intro to Lakai video part and then a week later Karsten got on Nike? It’s just like, what the fuck. And then that dude Kaspar hit up Sam [Lakai’s Team Manager] and was like, “I know that Karsten’s off of Lakai now, but we want to get him off of Element. We want to get him on a cool company, would you guys be down to sponsor him for Girl?” It’s like, are you that regular? You really think that that’s cool? We were super stoked Karsten Kleppan was on Lakai. We just put out an intro part with him but he basically just bounced, and then that dude Kaspar was trying to get him on Girl… like whatever dude, fuck that. That Kaspar dude is a kook."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 12:20:10 PM by shannamal »

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2019, 12:35:04 PM »
is it karsten that bailed on lakai for nike, then tried to get on girl? or do i have him and another euro confused?

edit: 3 seconds of googling it found it for me. It's in Carrolls Jenkem Interview
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/05/17/mike-carroll-on-the-future-of-crailtap/.

"Did I tell you about how fuckin’ regular that dude Kaspar is? Remember with Karsten [Kleppan], when we put out the intro to Lakai video part and then a week later Karsten got on Nike? It’s just like, what the fuck. And then that dude Kaspar hit up Sam [Lakai’s Team Manager] and was like, “I know that Karsten’s off of Lakai now, but we want to get him off of Element. We want to get him on a cool company, would you guys be down to sponsor him for Girl?” It’s like, are you that regular? You really think that that’s cool? We were super stoked Karsten Kleppan was on Lakai. We just put out an intro part with him but he basically just bounced, and then that dude Kaspar was trying to get him on Girl… like whatever dude, fuck that. That Kaspar dude is a kook."
Carroll is a kook. He talks in that interview about cutting MJ's pay, but then later says they didn't. Then he says that they matched what Adidas offered but later had to go back on it. Similar to what Vince McMahon did to Bret the Hitman Hart, as documented in the wonderful documentary "Wrestling With Shadows". Not only that but Carroll/whoever was doing these deals, after doing that kind of shit wanted them to hold off on letting Adidas say he was on for several months after he was finally on. That's asking for too much and fucking with people's opportunities and money isn't cool. Not to mention acting like a girl and doing that interview all butthurt. No wonder crailtap isn't shit these days.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2019, 12:45:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Carroll is a kook. He talks in that interview about cutting MJ's pay, but then later says they didn't. Then he says that they matched what Adidas offered but later had to go back on it. Similar to what Vince McMahon did to Bret the Hitman Hart, as documented in the wonderful documentary "Wrestling With Shadows". Not only that but Carroll/whoever was doing these deals, after doing that kind of shit wanted them to hold off on letting Adidas say he was on for several months after he was finally on. That's asking for too much and fucking with people's opportunities and money isn't cool. Not to mention acting like a girl and doing that interview all butthurt. No wonder crailtap isn't shit these days.

But just think where karsten would be if he stayed with the crail camp!

Flow. Flow is the answer. He would still be flow.