Author Topic: Why don't ripndip get more shit for being scumbags?  (Read 38727 times)

backsidebonefull

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Why don't ripndip get more shit for being scumbags?
« on: June 16, 2019, 07:58:21 AM »
Ryan o'connor has been outed as a scumbag by multiple different people over time. All you need to do is search the '#fuckripndip' hashtag on instagram to find a collection of evidence. Not only did he fuck over Grant Yansura and the WKND boys, he's fucked over artists in the past (who essentially gave ripndip their whole brand identity). He's also supposedly a woman beater. Guys a fucking scumbag so why does ripndip still seem to be doing so well?

feedmeseymour

Re: Why don't ripndip get more shit for being scumbags?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 08:09:54 AM »
kids that buy rip and dip are the same kids with tye dye grizzly grip and odd future socks skating loading docks.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 08:10:15 AM »
Probably because he's on the fringes of the industry already, and his brand mostly sells in Zumiez and other mall shops where kids don't give a shit about that kind of stuff. I agree, though. Fuck that dude.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 08:10:53 AM »
Look at their clientele. Do you think they do their research on where their parents’ money goes? Cmon. Anyone with half a brain passes on ripndip.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

backsidebonefull

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 08:17:32 AM »
Probably because he's on the fringes of the industry already, and his brand mostly sells in Zumiez and other mall shops where kids don't give a shit about that kind of stuff. I agree, though. Fuck that dude.

I think skate shops fucking love it because it's the kind of shit that window shoppers/tourists who don't have a clue will buy. Regardless, I feel like these guys who run these skate shops would have more integrity. 

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -69
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 09:05:53 AM »
My friend wears it. She went to some big opening for it and payed $80+ for a fucking tote bag and hoodie. Also there’s this one wanna be goth chick I know who wears it. It’s a brand made for mall rat kids and kids who smoke weed and think their cool.

pussyslayer7

• Rep: -12
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 09:09:43 AM »
Is rip n dip skatebrand?

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 09:11:14 AM »
i heard at one stage supreme were legit thinking of moving from their fairfax location due to being situated right next to ripndip

scomug

• Rep: 1
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 09:20:53 AM »
I always thought it would be hilarious if Supreme was in the most random place ever, with like nothing by it...sort of like the prada in marfa, but still in LA.  like at the Hollywood sign, and you had to hike to get to it.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 09:39:58 AM »
My friend wears it. She went to some big opening for it and payed $80+ for a fucking tote bag and hoodie. Also there’s this one wanna be goth chick I know who wears it. It’s a brand made for mall rat kids and kids who smoke weed and think their cool.

Have you told your friends the shitty stories behind the brand? Let em know, maybe? I tell anyone I know who fucks with it and I'm a hit at parties!
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Powerlesspillars

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 09:48:24 AM »
I'd wear the hightops if I could get that dumb ass cat off the heel

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 09:49:37 AM »
More like ripnshit
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -69
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 09:54:31 AM »
I'd wear the hightops if I could get that dumb ass cat off the heel
buy converse.

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 10:07:31 AM »
remember “fundip” that shit that was basically just powdered drink mix? I bet whoever started that is a fucking scumbag too.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 10:11:48 AM »
Their stuff is trendy and lot of people I know that don’t skate buy their stuff. It seems to sell really easily (cats).
There was an IG clip where I think dan plunkett destroyed their ice sign which was hilarious.
Also Grant said Ryan burned basically all relationships with FL which is more evidence of why he sucks as a person.
Too bad though, I grew up watching the early Ripndip/weekendtage things and they ruled. But then again not necessarily because Ryan was in them.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 10:35:54 AM »

Cant imagine a legit shop repping the the brand.

When ever I see their product I just instantly think "Dip n Shit"

Might be time to start a counter brand destroying Dip n Shit, since the Bull Dog eat Cat thing is so played out maybe a Gang of Rats eats Cat is better (Skate Rats of course)

Bunch of T's with different scenarios of the stupid stoned cat getting some instant karma /payback.

" I did not say this I am not here"

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 11:13:08 AM »
remember “fundip” that shit that was basically just powdered drink mix? I bet whoever started that is a fucking scumbag too.
it was more like flavored sugar with food dye. I don’t even know whqt ripndip is

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 11:59:44 AM »
My girlfriend's best friend is super into skateboarders and tries to act like she knows what's up with skating (even though she doesn't know shit), and she loves zumiez and ripndip - that should show you what type of demographic is purchasing this shit. I don't even bother to correct her friend because she's got her head so far up her own ass its ridiculous.

You know how wack and out of touch someone is with skateboarding when they're in a Rip N Dip tee and they tease their own best friend for wearing a Former tee telling them "that's not even cool"
*facepalm to the MAX

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 12:22:41 PM »
I stopped wearing my rip n dip shirts when I first heard about the owner being shady. I’ve even left Instagram comments like “careful buying from a brand where the owner is a domestic abuser”.
I really doubt any Pals on here fuck with R+D
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 12:24:31 PM »
I used to really want their shirts when I was still a young higher schooler without enough money to actually buy them. Now that I have enough money, I would never spend it on this piece of shit company.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 12:31:36 PM »
My girlfriend's best friend is super into skateboarders and tries to act like she knows what's up with skating (even though she doesn't know shit), and she loves zumiez and ripndip - that should show you what type of demographic is purchasing this shit. I don't even bother to correct her friend because she's got her head so far up her own ass its ridiculous.

You know how wack and out of touch someone is with skateboarding when they're in a Rip N Dip tee and they tease their own best friend for wearing a Former tee telling them "that's not even cool"
*facepalm to the MAX

reminds me of my step-daughter who wears ripndip gear and thrasher t-shirts and un-ironically makes fun of me for skating at my age, when her only hobby is doing her own makeup.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 12:47:52 PM »
kids that buy rip and dip are the same kids with tye dye grizzly grip and odd future socks skating loading docks.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 12:51:01 PM »
only time ripndip was sick was when ryan g was filming stuff for them. They made some cool videos back in the day. I remember Matt Militano was skating with them a lot. Just realized after going through the "rip n dip road trip" video on thrasher Jeff Carlyle was skating with them also.
But I can't remember I heard they did some wack shit back in the day,

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 01:03:53 PM »
I don’t even know whqt ripndip is

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2019, 01:17:30 PM »
Bought a shirt and it shrank on the first wash. Then I found out and haven't touched their shit and tell friends to stray away from them.

But, it is a pseudo-skate brand and they're niche doesn't care because the looks matter.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2019, 01:28:10 PM »
remember “Fustoop” that shit that was basically just powdered drink mix?
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2019, 02:17:35 PM »
that kitty cat flipping the middle finger really sends me man o man

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2019, 02:39:39 PM »
We refuse to carry that wack brand in our shop despite the fact that lots of people ask for it and we could make good money off of it.

decaf

• Rep: -20
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2019, 02:58:42 PM »
I think Cosmic Vomit was originally labeled as a Rip n dip video, but then the cat design came out and Ryan dropped everyone when he figured out that he could capitalize off of it and not have to pay anyone.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2019, 05:12:04 PM »
Expand Quote

*facepalm to the MAX
[close]

reminds me of my step-daughter who wears ripndip gear and thrasher t-shirts and un-ironically makes fun of me for skating at my age, when her only hobby is doing her own makeup.

Ah yes, the ol' grown ass man making fun of his teenage step daughter on a skateboard messageboard trick. Good one.