Author Topic: Why don't ripndip get more shit for being scumbags?  (Read 38880 times)

Ocelot

Re: Why don't ripndip get more shit for being scumbags?
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2019, 03:19:08 AM »
they magically were able to create an original smug looking cat that was instantly recognizable wherever you saw it, namely on those pocket t-shirt, when they were still a thing

they became huge because they were the first big brand of that goth-trap scene (think weed & Kirby), you just had to buy one t-shirt and then you were a "cool girl"

the company is largely faceless though and I think this was intentional/smart by the guy who runs it, I'm sure a ton of people here have tried to impress some girl by telling them that the owner of the brand they're wearing has sexual assault allegations against him but this usually results in a "who? I just like the cat"

without sounding like a trope, there may be something we don't know about the whole situation

why hasn't jenkem or some instagram thot launched a campaign against rip n dip yet? in the age of the commodification of sexual assault allegations, it seems kinda strange that no one has taken a stab at this ryan guy yet

_operator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2019, 08:18:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Because you hate it OP and its a kids company. Kids love anything adults hate.

Why do you think all these kids love these dyed hair, face tat trash rappers? When adults or "oldheads" jump on anything it kills it for the youth.

And all you MFs desperate to date a chick who is into skating, SACK the FUCK UP when she brings this trash home and dump her! When she asks why tell her you didnt realize she was going for such a trash aesthetic. All you pussy ass "core" skaters are the same ones who probably has a gf blowing a bill at zumies every week on this trash.
[close]

Why would she blow Bill at Zumiez if she has me as a bf

You trippin foo

You need to develop some awareness. I never met a girl who wears that trash who didn't blow me when I said my name was bill, sorry about your gf. You might want to keep her out of Zumiez when bill is on shift.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3325
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2019, 10:41:00 AM »
I saw a ripndip sticker on a car today. the driver was going to a methadone clinic.

Not doubting your story, but I'm wondering how you found this out. Did you yell at him/her about being an idiot and he/she was like, "Leave me be I'm heading to a methadone clinic!"

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2019, 11:09:38 AM »
Expand Quote
I saw a ripndip sticker on a car today. the driver was going to a methadone clinic.
[close]

my guy...you are new here, but i respect this post right here, it made me giggle. it also means that you were most likely headed to the same methadone clinic though........you played yourself hoeboi

Solid usage of "hoeboi".
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2019, 01:15:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

my guy...you are new here, but i respect this post right here, it made me giggle. it also means that you were most likely headed to the same methadone clinic though........you played yourself hoeboi
[close]

Solid usage of "hoeboi".
Ya played yourself....... hoeboi
has my dying
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

C.J. Gap

• Rep: -1
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2020, 06:56:20 AM »

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2020, 08:23:22 AM »
I still don't really know what a rip'n'dip is but I wouldn't support them if I did

DaGOAT

• Rep: -109
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2020, 09:06:40 AM »
I still don't really know what a rip'n'dip is but I wouldn't support them if I did

Clearly have never walked in a zumiez. Good on you bro.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2020, 09:14:42 AM »
Yeah... You’re not missing anything.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

SoftCarPrawn

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2020, 09:23:21 AM »
It is pretty crazy that they get a good amount of ads in Thrasher though.  I know Thrasher is pretty oblivious to what’s right and wrong but its a shame that I have to skim by so many ads of cats flicking me off. 

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2020, 09:38:43 AM »
I have a "friend" that's all woke and shit, super feminist. I always ask her about feminist stuff and she always reply's with "Oh lord, I don't have time to get into it. haha" Annnnyways... She's always repping ripndip and I gave her the back story and the link and she was a bit shocked and said "Oh wow." "Thanks for letting me know." "I just thought the shirts are cute."  And she still wears them!  No one really cares unless a mob of people are going after someone.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2020, 12:25:08 PM »
Anyone else feel like FA is poised to be the next Rip n Dip?

Yep

Am I alone in thinking both companies are gimmicky jokes?

Great riders for the most part but the gimicky hype machine bollocks can fuck off to the mainstream with the lame Lord's.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2020, 01:41:53 PM »
Seems like it's a new cancel opportunity here

FA doesn't like RIPNDIP, they don't want / like to be on the wall at shops stocking Ripndip

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2020, 01:48:24 PM »
Only seen it at zumiez

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2020, 01:52:29 PM »
Seems like it's a new cancel opportunity here

FA doesn't like RIPNDIP, they don't want / like to be on the wall at shops stocking Ripndip

Does no one else find this absurd?

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2020, 01:59:53 PM »
Demanding distribution can be absurd, not surprising considering the ties with Supreme and just classic marketing 101.
People want stuff they can't have easily, let's put some conditions ("limited" quantities and retail locations, higher prices,...)

OR maybe they already knew about the owner behaviour and the fact RIPNDIP hasn't done anything for skateboarding for years. They might just be ahead of Slap, trying to cancel the brand  8)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 02:09:01 PM by BALARGUE »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2020, 02:15:18 PM »
FA & Rip N Dip are apples to oranges.

TheDingus

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2020, 02:15:22 PM »
Demanding distribution can be absurd, not surprising considering the ties with Supreme and just classic marketing 101.
People want stuff they can't have easily, let's put some conditions ("limited" quantities and retail locations, higher prices,...)

OR maybe they already knew about the owner behaviour and the fact RIPNDIP hasn't done anything for skateboarding for years. They might just be ahead of Slap, trying to cancel the brand  8)

Elitist dogshit. A bunch of shops could pay the bills easier if FA would open accounts with them. But because they carry a brand Dill or whoever doesn’t like for whatever reason, they get blacklisted. Real lame.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2020, 02:31:57 PM »
I have a "friend" that's all woke and shit, super feminist. I always ask her about feminist stuff and she always reply's with "Oh lord, I don't have time to get into it. haha" Annnnyways... She's always repping ripndip and I gave her the back story and the link and she was a bit shocked and said "Oh wow." "Thanks for letting me know." "I just thought the shirts are cute."  And she still wears them!  No one really cares unless a mob of people are going after someone.

@links, pics, and quotes hot off the press:
Domestic abuse allegations - Who actually cares?

Kombuch-A-Holic, a clearly woke and globally informed individual, is reporting live from behind his keyboard in BFE. After consulting with the leader of feminists, who's identity was left as "friend", he had this to say on the matter: "All females don't really care unless a mob of people are going after someone".

More updates this evening.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2020, 02:41:31 PM »
elitist or not, the truth is when you got supreme $$$ backing you, some shops need fa more than fa needs some, if any, shops. at the end of the day i'd take an elitist brand like fa that creates content and donates to charity than a shit, mall  company like rip n dip. also owned by a woman beater.

let's not derail this into a different topic
fuck rip n dip

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2020, 02:42:58 PM »
FA & Rip N Dip are apples to oranges.

They are both cheap kiddie hype shit though. One is marginally better than the other

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2020, 02:43:21 PM »
God I love watching hype beast/streetwear/cool guy companies go down. They’re not good for skateboarding and they attract scummy power hungry egomaniacal people. I hope this woman gets justice.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2020, 03:09:11 PM »
We refuse to carry that wack brand in our shop despite the fact that lots of people ask for it and we could make good money off of it.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2020, 03:10:27 PM »
It is pretty crazy that they get a good amount of ads in Thrasher though.  I know Thrasher is pretty oblivious to what’s right and wrong but its a shame that I have to skim by so many ads of cats flicking me off.
Same. Bums me out that they're all over every issue
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2020, 06:56:14 AM »
we could be the mob. Safe to say a good portion of skaters know about the weekend/ripndip stuff. I overheard some teen talking to some younger kids about everything wrong with ripndip and Ryan at the local a week ago.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2020, 07:48:36 AM »
You realize how old you are when you not only don't know what this is, but you initially read it as RipGrip

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2020, 07:55:25 AM »
You realize how old you are when you not only don't know what this is, but you initially read it as RipGrip
This. Hahahaha.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2020, 09:24:45 AM »
No matter how much your personal convictions and want to shake the shit of someone for wearing RipNDip there's no point.....   

Let them find out for themselves I don't want to be that guy to cap on someone's kit imagine someone clowning you on because of slave labored Nike or Adidas......

Allow me to reiterate a story from Nollie Flip which you can give or take the scenarios.

Quote from: fakie nollie on July 21, 2020, 08:52:34 AM

This is a long story about how I felt like a complete skate-jock and why the brands we generally despise both exist and thrive.

When I first met my S/O years ago, I was skating a lot more and she thought it was cool. At 31, she had never stepped foot on a skateboard in her life. I decided I’d show her the basics at my local skatepark.

We show up and the park is empty. Me, being the horrible teacher that I am, assumed her saying “I’ve never stepped on skateboard” meant she could roll around on flat ground- I was wrong. I leave her to hold a fence to practice balancing. An hour goes by and I'm dusted from skating ledges the entire time. She’s a good sport but was yearning to learn more.

A few days later, I have to travel for work for about two weeks. This was before we lived together and she asked if she could borrow my skateboard to practice. I oblige, leave it at her apartment on the way to the airport and think nothing of it.

Two weeks pass and I arrive home, jet lagged but itching to release some stress by skating around my local. I pick her up, my spare skateboard in trunk and the one she's borrowing in her hand and we go to our local. I’m not paying attention and start warming my legs up with a few runs around the park.

After about 5 minutes, I realize I didn’t leave her on the fence and frantically search to see if she’s fallen. To my total surprise, she is rolling around, going up and down the banks and pushing (not mongo). Albeit it looks sloppy, this is someone who, 2 weeks prior, couldn’t even stand on a board. I’m blown away and impressed, with a hint of admiration as I remember being a chubby 8 year old taking weeks to learn how to stand and roll.

We leave the park and I’m singing her praises, giving verbal accolades about her progress. I innocently ask, “How did you learn so fast?”. Prior to receiving her answer that would turn my morals upside-down, I assumed she was either naturally talented or started banging a dude at the park in exchange for lessons. How wrong I was on all accounts.

Smiling from ear-to-ear, she pulls her phone out and opens the YouTube app. I’m sitting in the parking lot with her, sweat dried on my brow, patiently waiting to see what miraculous video she pulls up that showed her the basics of skateboarding. Was it from Tony Hawk or Eric Koston's trick tips? Possibly a lesser known e-learning channel from a dope company?

No. She pulls up Braille's youtube channel and starts scrolling through all the videos she was looking at- each one with a small red-line below the thumbnail, indicating she's ingested this content like a fiend demolishing a bag of dope. I can't wrap my head around this and am smiling on the outside but screaming on the inside:

"Why is this happening to me? How did I get here? Who is poisoning the well with this content being so easily accessible to the naive skateboarder in the early stages of their journey to Gnardom?"

After about 30 seconds of her scrolling through, my inner skate-jock erupts and I exclaim, "Those videos are so wack. You need to stop looking at them." A flood of emotion and memories took over- blips of flashbacks to conversations between friends, casually talking shit on anything that Thrasher or Transworld's website didn't display in the last decade. Aaron Kyro's bird-like nose poking into frame.

She's immediately crushed, followed by a wave of being upset with me for judging her - and rightfully so. I believe the first thing she said was, "Oh, I didn't realize you were the mayor of Cool's Ville and Braille is jean overalls". That immediately put me in check. Who was I to dictate what is or isn't cool? What gave me the impression that I was aware, at all, of what should be considered 'hip' or 'lame'? How did I get to the point from my humble beginnings in skateboarding, where I was the little kid being bullied by the older crew for my Wet Willy deck to being the kook who judged someone so quickly?

This was followed by one of our first and only fights in our years-long relationship. At the end of it, I submitted, admitted I was in the wrong and told her my opinion should not ruin the tools which helped her begin to skate. To this day though, every time a reference to anything Braille or Revive pops up, I instinctually clench my jaw and remember the day I was the skateboard jock.

In summation RipNDip definitely sucks but I won't be that person to hurt someone's feelings by being that dick. If you are going to let the cat out of the bag saying tag them along with his exs story on IG.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 09:41:30 AM by El Fapinator »
Dueces Bitch's

SoftCarPrawn

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2020, 09:57:35 AM »
Those of you saying you’ve never heard of Rip n Dip pridefully are corny.  You’re on a pretty prestigious skate forum so educate yourself on the industry a bit.  They have multiple page ads in skate magazines and coverage all across skate media.  I like rip grip and all the nerdy gimmicks from skateboardings glory days too but I wish we could all keep up at least a little bit.  Sorry for being a jerk here but I feel that it needed to be said. 

C.J. Gap

• Rep: -1
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2020, 10:59:54 AM »
Those of you saying you’ve never heard of Rip n Dip pridefully are corny.  You’re on a pretty prestigious skate forum so educate yourself on the industry a bit.  They have multiple page ads in skate magazines and coverage all across skate media.  I like rip grip and all the nerdy gimmicks from skateboardings glory days too but I wish we could all keep up at least a little bit.  Sorry for being a jerk here but I feel that it needed to be said.
+1. Matt Militano is currently one of Slap's golden boys and his thread in Photos/Videos keeps getting bumped yet some people don't seem to remember that he once rode for Rip n Dip, even after the shit about Ryan O'Connor was brought to light. Not holding that against Matt, just trying to say that usually people know what companies their favorite skater used to ride for. Like if you watched his Vanish part and then wanted to find more footage of him you probably would have come across this and other stuff so don't act like you've never heard of Rip n Dip.