Author Topic: Brands & Skaters AM or Pro that should be in the discount bin?  (Read 2622 times)

Trickflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
Re: Brands & Skaters AM or Pro that should be in the discount bin?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2019, 08:30:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rewatching Powell's FUN made me realize that the current Powell team should be in the recycle bin with an extra buy one get one half off.
[close]
As much as I use to trash on Powell when Stacey left during the mid 90’s. You know the angel boy and other corny things they put on boards in similar fashion like wet Willy an Flame boy. They made it work and held it down for quite sometime.
[close]
It's crazy to me the changes that company has gone through. I may be biased because FUN was one of the first skate videos I've seen. But I loved the team who, at the time, were either OG's or street skaters killing it and having fun (no pun intended). Now it looks as the only people they look to sponsor are contest skaters. If Powell ever comes out with another full length as good as FUN, or even as good as their older full lengths, I'll change my mind about them. I have doubts though
[close]
Ummm as far as Powell vs. Powell Peralta to me it’s either on with nostalgia for the first 4 OG videos Animal Chin, Ban This, propogandha, Public Domain. I know they’ve had many lineups for riders over the years but after the OG’s the videos seem subpar and overlooked nothing really stands out in their video catalogue. But hey I’m willing to give it a second shot, however sometimes brands can’t get the lead out and make an unique perspective or video.
How dare you forget future primitive! Just messing but I see what you're saying. As an introduction to skating, FUN was one of the first videos I've seen when I started skating street and that was when I was young and naive and didn't know shit about shit. So that video to me still has a lot of nostalgia. But I get your point of view. Either way I don't back their new team that much. And speaking of future primitive, primitive can be in the discount bin for Buy one get two free

SpankerChief

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
Re: Brands & Skaters AM or Pro that should be in the discount bin?
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2019, 05:23:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Rewatching Powell's FUN made me realize that the current Powell team should be in the recycle bin with an extra buy one get one half off.
[close]
As much as I use to trash on Powell when Stacey left during the mid 90’s. You know the angel boy and other corny things they put on boards in similar fashion like wet Willy an Flame boy. They made it work and held it down for quite sometime.
[close]
It's crazy to me the changes that company has gone through. I may be biased because FUN was one of the first skate videos I've seen. But I loved the team who, at the time, were either OG's or street skaters killing it and having fun (no pun intended). Now it looks as the only people they look to sponsor are contest skaters. If Powell ever comes out with another full length as good as FUN, or even as good as their older full lengths, I'll change my mind about them. I have doubts though
[close]
Ummm as far as Powell vs. Powell Peralta to me it’s either on with nostalgia for the first 4 OG videos Animal Chin, Ban This, propogandha, Public Domain. I know they’ve had many lineups for riders over the years but after the OG’s the videos seem subpar and overlooked nothing really stands out in their video catalogue. But hey I’m willing to give it a second shot, however sometimes brands can’t get the lead out and make an unique perspective or video.
[close]
How dare you forget future primitive! Just messing but I see what you're saying. As an introduction to skating, FUN was one of the first videos I've seen when I started skating street and that was when I was young and naive and didn't know shit about shit. So that video to me still has a lot of nostalgia. But I get your point of view. Either way I don't back their new team that much. And speaking of future primitive, primitive can be in the discount bin for Buy one get two free
Future Primitive was decent what I meant was to showcase the originators of Bones Brigade clean wholesome squeaky clean image for me the PP was decent and has a special place in my heart.

However what if and this is a highly what if scenario. Make an Animal Chin 2.0 reboot, now mind you it doesn't have to have Powell Peralta name behind it but it has to have everyones kid Lance, Mike, Steve, Tony, Tommy even the lesser known riders at the time passing down the torch to their kids remember He is still out there!!!!

Now that sounds like a corny winner that'd be a reboot I'd watch for nostalgia sake. 
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]