Author Topic: What place/country would you like to visit?  (Read 1519 times)

Nickol

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
What place/country would you like to visit?
« on: June 17, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »
Personally, I would like to visit India!:) I have never been there. I guess this country has a very interesting culture and a lot of amazing places to visit.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:01:03 PM by Nickol »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: What place/country would you like to visit?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 11:09:48 PM »
Nasvay went to India a few years ago and made an interesting documentary about it.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:28:21 PM »
lisbon, paris, istanbul, new zealand

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 01:09:05 AM »
iwshilvdnfinland
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 03:58:42 AM »
Norway, Italy, Germany and Cuba top my list but I’d go pretty much anywhere

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 04:32:55 AM »
If I had the money: west of US again. I love deserts and cactuses.
With the money I have: north of England/Scotland.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 05:51:40 AM »
Personally, I would like to visit India!:) I have never been there. I guess this country has a very interesting culture and a lot of amazing places to visit.

About 8 years ago I was offered the opportunity to travel to India for 3 months for work.

Unfortunately I was not able to go because my daughter was just about to be born.

2 other people I worked with ended up going and they had a lot of good things to say about it.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 04:37:23 AM »
Spent my honeymoon in India and travelled 4'500 km in three weeks.

My wife and I loved it - nature, food, people, colors... simply amazing and would do it again.

robby13

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 07:56:07 AM »
France, Portugal, or Germany. If I’m guaranteed to not get killed, kidnapped or held for ransom or something like that, then Egypt or Colombia.

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 03:56:49 AM »
France, Portugal, or Germany. If I’m guaranteed to not get killed, kidnapped or held for ransom or something like that, then Egypt or Colombia.

That makes sense, because obviously, personal safety is really important. Still, I don't mean to be offensive in any way, but are you from the US? I lived in the US for more than a year and that was precisely the reaction I got from many people when I told them I was planning to visit Mexico. It has always confused me how the US has some of the sketchiest places I've been to (Oakland, Richmond (CA), Newark, LA, ...), yet many Americans perceive foreign countries as hostile.

That being said, I second Colombia. I know a few people who have lived or spent a considerable amount of time there, and while crime and conflict is obviously still an issue, Colombia has come a long way since the heyday of cartels.

Also: Argentina, Albania, Northern Macedonia, Lebanon. I love Latin American countries, Eastern Europe and the Balkans and the Middle East. I'd also love to visit Chicago, the South and more cities on the East Coast than just the NYC area. Travelling Baja California from SD to Cabo is another dream of mine.

robby13

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 06:00:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That makes sense, because obviously, personal safety is really important. Still, I don't mean to be offensive in any way, but are you from the US? I lived in the US for more than a year and that was precisely the reaction I got from many people when I told them I was planning to visit Mexico. It has always confused me how the US has some of the sketchiest places I've been to (Oakland, Richmond (CA), Newark, LA, ...), yet many Americans perceive foreign countries as hostile.

That being said, I second Colombia. I know a few people who have lived or spent a considerable amount of time there, and while crime and conflict is obviously still an issue, Colombia has come a long way since the heyday of cartels.

Also: Argentina, Albania, Northern Macedonia, Lebanon. I love Latin American countries, Eastern Europe and the Balkans and the Middle East. I'd also love to visit Chicago, the South and more cities on the East Coast than just the NYC area. Travelling Baja California from SD to Cabo is another dream of mine.

Yeah, I grew up in a semi sketchy part of Miami. It’s just the whole ‘he’s American, so he must be rich’ vibe that puts me off from traveling abroad to a lot of countries.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 09:23:17 AM »
Anywhere in europe, japan china australia fuckin anywhere but midwest america

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 11:46:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I grew up in a semi sketchy part of Miami. It’s just the whole ‘he’s American, so he must be rich’ vibe that puts me off from traveling abroad to a lot of countries.

Odds are super unlikely that you'll get kidnapped or held for ransom in Egypt. Scammed, sure, if you don't keep your wits about you. In Colombia it's sort of the same thing but it's for sure a different kind of sketchy, just have some common sense and be aware of your surroundings. To me, the US is way sketchier because pretty much anyone could have a gun. A twenty something year old girl in Mississippi once told me in casual conversation she had a purple gun named Lucy. That's fucking sketchy. And no one necessarily thinks that because you're American, you just stand out as a foreigner. Don't let it keep you from seeing the world, just be a bit more aware and cautious.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 11:52:24 AM by sexualhelon »

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 12:42:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

In that case I suggest Switzerland for a genuine "he's American, so he must be dirt poor" kind of vibe.

Sexualhelon nailed it! Amen to all of that.

truthislie

• Rep: 58
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2019, 01:40:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

In that case I suggest Switzerland for a genuine "he's American, so he must be dirt poor" kind of vibe.

Sexualhelon nailed it! Amen to all of that.

It´s more a "he´s foreign, so he must be dirt poor" kind of vibe there  ;)