Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 103688 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #1110 on: March 21, 2023, 02:22:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I can understand the slick being heavy because the plastic does add weight but bbs boards have always been a bit heavier than PS stix.
[close]

Both decks in question are BBS.
[close]
Sorry I confused the welcome and the quasi.
[close]

My welcome twin  was also BBS =)

Are all twins BBS these days?
[close]
When did Welcome go BBS??? What is going on with the Professor? Did the Jason guy who owns welcome own the shapes as well?

From the Woodshop thread:

Welcome* 2021   ……….   ……….   BBS
Welcome* -2020   ……….   ……….   PS Stix

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=120409.0

It’s a pstix conspiracy to keep the utility of a nose and tail ;)

I was thinking that PS Stix never make twin boards, as was explained, he wanted to keep the nose and tail different angles.

Funny though cause I do think that having the same concave and angle on both kicks is good, just having the kicks different lengths allows for what he says is the multi tool, without needing to have one at 20 - 22 and the other at 22 - 23 degree angles.

As to who does twin boards, I think quite a few woodshops have a symmetrical mold now.  I would have to go back over the list of twins and compare them to the woodshops used, but PS Stix is maybe one of the big few who don't have a mold like that.

I think some brands were very secretive about where they got the twins from though.

Chems and Glider come to mind there.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

ImmanuelCunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
« Reply #1111 on: March 21, 2023, 03:15:49 AM »
I recently made some fotos of the TT shapes I have at home. (Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/a/qKOrLed)

left to right:  Crail, Owlien(BBS?!), Habitat(China), Dlx(IV)

left to right: Crail, Owlien(BBS?!), Habitat(China), Dlx(IV)

top to bottom: Crail, Owlien (BBS?!), Habitat (China), dlx (IV)

top to bottom: Crail, Dlx(IV), Owlien(BBS?!), Habitat(China)

Pictures aren't perfect.
I hope i did not mix up the dlx II and IV on the side shots of the concave, when labeling.
Didn't do that when i took them, did it later and got it mixed up, which I realized when uploading.
IV is top blue, then yellow ply and a green bottom (real doves)
II is top yellow, the brown ply and a green bootom (krooked worrest).
If anybody wants to double check.

I have a non slick 8.3 dlx III twin as a wall hanger, which I forgot to include.
Did not want to redo it and the habitat is now mounted.
Sorry for the shitty floor.

Could provide photos of a lighlty skate 8.0 dlx TT as well, I don't own a dlx 8.25 anymore.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #1112 on: March 21, 2023, 03:59:52 AM »
I recently made some fotos of the TT shapes I have at home. (Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/a/qKOrLed)

Pictures aren't perfect.
I hope i did not mix up the dlx II and IV on the side shots of the concave, when labeling.
Didn't do that when i took them, did it later and got it mixed up, which I realized when uploading.

I have a non slick 8.3 dlx III twin as a wall hanger, which I forgot to include.

Could provide photos of a lighlty skate 8.0 dlx TT as well, I don't own a dlx 8.25 anymore.

nice comparison..

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1113 on: March 21, 2023, 10:00:31 AM »

Pictures aren't perfect.

That habitat shape is crazy. Great photos, thank you

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1114 on: March 21, 2023, 04:16:50 PM »

Pictures aren't perfect.

So good!!!

I always like comparing boards like this just to see differences in concave, press / mold length and angle of kicks.

The Owlien has got to be almost the steepest board I have had of any regular BBS board, which shows in this pic too.  That is not including the FA / Hockey or similar boards that are known for the steepest kicks.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

frank1175

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1115 on: March 23, 2023, 08:36:15 AM »
Hello twin friends. Is my assumption correct that all Ishod 8.3 twin slicks and Worrest 8.3 twin slicks are identical shapes, notwithstanding of the graphic?

I currently skate 8.3 shop blanks with the same specs as those Ishods/Worrests and also found a shop that has the BMW Ishods on sale so I figured I could stock up on those.

Who skates those, would you recommend them?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1116 on: March 23, 2023, 09:30:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Hello twin friends. Is my assumption correct that all Ishod 8.3 twin slicks and Worrest 8.3 twin slicks are identical shapes, notwithstanding of the graphic?

I currently skate 8.3 shop blanks with the same specs as those Ishods/Worrests and also found a shop that has the BMW Ishods on sale so I figured I could stock up on those.

[close]

I've skated a few, they're great, if they're your jam; personally I found the 8.375 Quasi a better fit for me; it's less bulky feeling than the DLX boards due to the shorter overall length and shorter WB. The kicks are more of a hybrid than tail as well.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 02:29:10 PM by Xen »

frank1175

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1117 on: March 23, 2023, 09:43:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

(my message was not included) I’m skating my 4th Deluxe Twin Tail 8.3” Slick (Real/Krooked are identical) at the moment and it’s my favorite shape/deck. Wished it was not that heavy though (Slick layer) I have about 5 or 6 on ice 😀

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1118 on: March 23, 2023, 03:04:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

(my message was not included) I’m skating my 4th Deluxe Twin Tail 8.3” Slick (Real/Krooked are identical) at the moment and it’s my favorite shape/deck. Wished it was not that heavy though (Slick layer) I have about 5 or 6 on ice 😀

Cheers, I have two Ishods lined up next, so happy to hear they work for you, and hopefully they will do for me too.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #1119 on: March 24, 2023, 04:26:21 PM »
Welcome twin shapes are $63 on Tactics right now which is cheaper than on the Welcome site

OhioGuy

• Rep: 64
« Reply #1120 on: March 24, 2023, 06:09:44 PM »
Welcome twin shapes are $63 on Tactics right now which is cheaper than on the Welcome site
They've been that cheap for a minute. Got the Wendigo one like back in September for $63. Tactics has the cheapest prices on all their stuff. It's weird, wonder if they just get a deal on them.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1121 on: March 27, 2023, 07:53:16 PM »
Dude at No-Comply was like, quick, mail order! Send the ugliest one you can...(teal top is choice tho)

Quasi 8.375 x 31.75 x 14.25
(actual: 8.25x31.5x14.25...kinda not even mad...maybe THAT'S why they skate like an 8.25 =P - It does measure 8.35 directly in the middle and ONLY with a soft measuring tape across the BOTTOM with concave)

Interestingly enough, I have a neen 8.25 twin on hand, it measures 8.125, but, measuring across the bottom, with concave, it's 8.25" mayhaps that's how BBs is measuring their twin tails these days? Across the bottom with concave?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 11:47:34 AM by Xen »

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 94
« Reply #1122 on: March 28, 2023, 02:08:50 PM »
Dude at No-Comply was like, quick, mail order! Send the ugliest one you can...(teal top is choice tho)

(actual: 8.25x31.5x14.25...kinda not even mad...maybe THAT'S why they skate like an 8.25 =P - It does measure 8.35 directly in the middle and ONLY with a soft measuring tape across the BOTTOM with concave)

Interestingly enough, I have a neen 8.25 twin on hand, it measures 8.125, but, measuring across the bottom, with concave, it's 8.25" mayhaps that's how BBs is measuring their twin tails these days? Across the bottom with concave?

Interesting, a twin 8.125 is something I’ve been on the lookout for, might give the neen twin a try

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1123 on: April 10, 2023, 12:18:02 PM »

Finally got around to setting this one up (slappy trucks and STFs) after riding two other decks (non-twin disorder - shovelish nose/girl board stupid long tail); this deck does me right every time, zero adjustment period, just setup and go; kick shape is perfect for everything...I've even been told by the homies I should just ride this forever since I skate so well on it.

Nabbed another one last night (they're not widely available it seems) from Long Beach skate.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1124 on: April 11, 2023, 02:57:23 AM »
Finally got around to setting this one up (slappy trucks and STFs) after riding two other decks (non-twin disorder - shovelish nose/girl board stupid long tail); this deck does me right every time, zero adjustment period, just setup and go; kick shape is perfect for everything...I've even been told by the homies I should just ride this forever since I skate so well on it.

Nabbed another one last night (they're not widely available it seems) from Long Beach skate.

Sounds good, how does the shape compare to the Quasi Henry Mirror?  The Blast looks fuller in the kicks, but hard to tell because it seems like every shop is using the same image.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1125 on: April 11, 2023, 03:49:05 PM »
It is the same quasi Henry mirror shape, I’ve run a few  (8.375 that’s actually 8.25” this run)

When you buy another to put on ice and you get the same colors you’re currently riding but top and bottom ply are reversed 😝

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #1126 on: April 11, 2023, 04:01:17 PM »
It is the same quasi Henry mirror shape, I’ve run a few  (8.375 that’s actually 8.25” this run)

When you buy another to put on ice and you get the same colors you’re currently riding but top and bottom ply are reversed 😝

Currently riding the cat graphic of this same shape and love it! Perfectly balanced shape besides it being just a hair short! Might be in my rotation of shapes for the foreseeable future :-)

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1127 on: April 11, 2023, 06:01:12 PM »
I missed that drop, sadly. Currently planning on picking up at least one each drop, if not two.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1128 on: April 11, 2023, 06:06:11 PM »
Currently riding the cat graphic of this same shape and love it! Perfectly balanced shape besides it being just a hair short! Might be in my rotation of shapes for the foreseeable future :-)

Perfectly balanced is a great way to describe it; what I like about is it doesn't feel, or skate like other twins I've ridden, it just feels normal.

e.g., the Welcome 8.5 and Habitat 8.375 felt like twins (they're also more shovel-like) compared to the quasi, neen / Foy Deathwish.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1129 on: April 12, 2023, 05:30:36 AM »

Thanks dude.  I dig the Welcome twin shape a bit more than the Quasi so I'll stick with that for now.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1130 on: April 12, 2023, 01:56:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks dude.  I dig the Welcome twin shape a bit more than the Quasi so I'll stick with that for now.

I like the shape, but the 8.25"'s WB is too short (and no 8.3x" option)' the 8.5 is great tho if you ride bigger sizes.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1131 on: April 15, 2023, 10:02:52 AM »
Does anyone else feel like most people sneer at twin tails? Why are there relatively few options? Twin tail riders are skating's forgotten people.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
« Reply #1132 on: April 15, 2023, 10:06:42 AM »
Does anyone else feel like most people sneer at twin tails? Why are there relatively few options? Twin tail riders are skating's forgotten people.
Nah they've exploded in the last few years. Some of the most popular pros are riding twins, they're everywhere.
Ishod, Prod, Foy, ...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1133 on: April 15, 2023, 04:20:55 PM »
Worrest...Henry..
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 04:28:56 PM by Xen »

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1134 on: April 15, 2023, 09:27:40 PM »
Okay. Maybe I was just being paranoid. Check out this Delfino twin model. Looks nice.

https://skateparkoftampa.com/-deathwish-pedro-delfino-justified-homicide-deck-white-93205-3

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1135 on: April 15, 2023, 11:15:18 PM »
Okay. Maybe I was just being paranoid. Check out this Delfino twin model. Looks nice.

https://skateparkoftampa.com/-deathwish-pedro-delfino-justified-homicide-deck-white-93205-3

If the dims are accurate, doubtful, with that 14.28”….I’d think it would skate pretty nicely.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #1136 on: April 15, 2023, 11:39:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If the dims are accurate, doubtful, with that 14.28”….I’d think it would skate pretty nicely.

I‘dsay that‘s a mislabeling by SoT, it‘s not listed as twin anywhere else, quite the contrary

https://www.tactics.com/deathwish/delfino-justified-homicide-85-skateboard-deck
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1137 on: April 16, 2023, 12:30:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I‘dsay that‘s a mislabeling by SoT, it‘s not listed as twin anywhere else, quite the contrary

https://www.tactics.com/deathwish/delfino-justified-homicide-85-skateboard-deck

Weird. But for "Deck Shape" it says "Twin" on Tactics but then gives different nose and tail lengths.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #1138 on: April 16, 2023, 05:25:52 AM »
Goddamn, I love the Ishod symmetrical deck so much. It was a bit weird at first, I would miss some flicks and shit, and I spent more time than I would like to admit trying to keep my trucks equally tight, but holy shit, it’s so sick not having to think about asymmetry. Gone are the days of flinging annoying little shuvs between tricks to reorient the bloard. The local shop has none left, and they just sold the Foy twin tail in my size. Why did I let myself get hurt like this? Unbreak my heaaaaart.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Bill Salt

« Reply #1139 on: April 16, 2023, 05:31:45 AM »
I want a twin nose but not Neen's one.