Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 104760 times)

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2021, 04:42:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Skating the Ishod 8.35" twin tail right now and I gotta be honest, I don't think I'm going back to normal popsicles after this, I love twin tail. My only complaint is the graphic is not symmetrical and I have to make a concerted effort not to look at the bottom of my board or I'll accidentally see which end is the 'nose'.
[close]

That's sick that you love the twin tail. The old graphic called Monarch has a symmetrical graphic but the new graphic isn't. You could always remove the graphic like I did in the picture above. All it takes is some nail polish remover, some paper towels, and a jar of elbow grease.

i feel like all of ishods were symmetrical before the customs one: peaches, cranes, panthers, monarchs, day/night, linked, etc., although some of those not perfectly. None of the DLX TTs available right now are symmetrical but i might get one anyway and go your route as well… Ishod’s Customs or Bobby’s Would You. Lmk if anyone sees the latter in stock anywhere.

both those options are slicks tho—y’all know if nail polish remover would act weird with that?
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Dead to Me

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2021, 08:38:40 AM »
Frankie Spears has a new symmetrical board out https://www.alienworkshop.com/products/frankie-camotile-8-375?_pos=1&_sid=1fe76c0fd&_ss=r

I'm sticking to DLX TTs for as long as I can find them from now but it's nice to see these types of boards are catching on.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2021, 12:11:25 PM »
Frankie Spears has a new symmetrical board out https://www.alienworkshop.com/products/frankie-camotile-8-375?_pos=1&_sid=1fe76c0fd&_ss=r

I'm sticking to DLX TTs for as long as I can find them from now but it's nice to see these types of boards are catching on.

Why are board companies never even mentioning that it's symmetrical.
Sucks for them and for everybody who wants them

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2021, 02:21:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

AWS's website usually says so in the deck name (e.g. "owlien twin") and in the description (i.e. "Proprietary symmetrical shape"). seems to me this isnt a symmetrical board.
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Dead to Me

« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2021, 11:59:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

AWS's website usually says so in the deck name (e.g. "owlien twin") and in the description (i.e. "Proprietary symmetrical shape"). seems to me this isnt a symmetrical board.
Yeah, my bad I jumped the gun in posting that. I saw Mark Suciu post a story of him doing shuvs on it with the text "doing a symmetrical test" and then saw he later posted that it's not Twin tail or nose in a later post.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2021, 12:10:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Yeah, my bad I jumped the gun in posting that. I saw Mark Suciu post a story of him doing shuvs on it with the text "doing a symmetrical test" and then saw he later posted that it's not Twin tail or nose in a later post.

No you were right. Mark meant it's neither tail nor nose, but something in between on both sides, like the ishod decks.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2021, 01:14:40 PM »
At 6.625 inches per kick, the Ishod is for sure a twin tail.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #217 on: July 09, 2021, 01:37:44 PM »

Yeah that's actually true. Somehow every time I compare my board to others the tail seems way bigger

Dead to Me

« Reply #218 on: July 09, 2021, 04:09:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

No you were right. Mark meant it's neither tail nor nose, but something in between on both sides, like the ishod decks.
Hmm, good to know.

Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah that's actually true. Somehow every time I compare my board to others the tail seems way bigger
Same

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #219 on: July 10, 2021, 06:28:49 AM »
Which trucks are you guys riding on the ishod twins?
I'm short, riding thunder 148 and it really does not make any sense, but somehow works.
Never really tried different trucks but maybe I actually should.
Indy mids (or ace?) would probably make the most sense but it seems like nobody liked the mids.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #220 on: July 10, 2021, 07:05:19 AM »
I rode thunders and thought it was ok....lower truck...quicker pop to make up for the shorter nose.  I just don't like how big the wheelbase is in proportion to the size of the nose.....the thunders didn't help with this aspect....

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #221 on: July 10, 2021, 08:57:59 AM »
How tall is Ishod? I understand him wanting a 14.4 wheel base and also Bobby riding that too makes sense he’s pretty tall. But Brad Cromer rides the 8.06 and it has a 14.38 wb and he’s definitely not the same height as Bobby or Ishod.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #222 on: July 10, 2021, 09:00:45 AM »
I'm short, riding thunder 148 and it really does not make any sense, but somehow works.
Indy mids (or ace?) would probably make the most sense but it seems like nobody liked the mids.

I’ve skated multiple twin tails with both Thunders and Ventures. Both trucks work great with them I just personally prefer Thunders

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: July 10, 2021, 09:11:21 AM »
How tall is Ishod? I understand him wanting a 14.4 wheel base and also Bobby riding that too makes sense he’s pretty tall. But Brad Cromer rides the 8.06 and it has a 14.38 wb and he’s definitely not the same height as Bobby or Ishod.

Google says ishod is 6 feet.
I'm 5foot7 and I might only be able to handle the setup because I have the thunder titaniums and about 51mm wheels.
I tried thunder hollow lights with 53mm wheels for a week and it was impossible, felt extremely heavy.
Really thinking about buying some short wheelbase trucks now, since I'm not gonna ride other decks anytime soon.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2021, 02:00:49 PM »
I'm skating the 8.25, the panther one, on Ti149 and it feels awesome .
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #225 on: July 10, 2021, 02:24:29 PM »

They don't ride the shapes. They just whack to their names on whatever shape is available

How often do you see pro ride their actual deck? Never
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2021, 07:36:54 AM »
I'm not buying the height....shoe size etc to dictate what you skate....if it was that simple we wouldn't have pages on this stuff.....it's preference.....

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2021, 10:58:31 AM »

I had three decks with this wheelbase. And they all measured more like 14.28 for some reason. I was really sceptical about my first deck with that "long" wheelbase and rode it, measured it some day and was suprised. ^^
IG: @flowterspace

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #228 on: July 20, 2021, 06:44:37 AM »

So I've been riding ace af1 44s on the 8.25 ishod deck for a few sessions now and I gotta tell you it feels amazing. Not too big of a difference coming from thunder titanium 148, but still a slightly lighter pop feel, easier manuals and of course the turning is a lot of fun too.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #229 on: July 20, 2021, 12:10:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They don't ride the shapes. They just whack to their names on whatever shape is available

Bobby rides his own shape exclusively, Cromer rides his own decks, and Ishod often has stuff custom screened, but also rides his own shape.

Cthunderw

• Rep: 16
« Reply #230 on: July 20, 2021, 06:29:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So I've been riding ace af1 44s on the 8.25 ishod deck for a few sessions now and I gotta tell you it feels amazing. Not too big of a difference coming from thunder titanium 148, but still a slightly lighter pop feel, easier manuals and of course the turning is a lot of fun too.
I ride the Worrest 8.3 with Indy forged hollows and 52mm wheels and it feels excellent.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #231 on: July 21, 2021, 08:21:24 AM »
Ace Classic 44 w/ Mag Plates and Kreper Pins

Mariatorresflores

• Rep: -95
« Reply #232 on: July 21, 2021, 02:30:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Bobby rides his own shape exclusively, Cromer rides his own decks, and Ishod often has stuff custom screened, but also rides his own shape.

Ishod was also riding a lot of bobby decks about 2 years ago. think he might skate whatever TT slick deluxe is making at the time.

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2021, 11:41:12 AM »

I'm riding Tensor Maglight mids 5.5 (8.25" axle) with 54mm F4 Conical Full 97du with my Krooked Worrest 8.3" TT slick right now and it's a perfect setup for the slippery smooth skatepark I've been going to. The super lightweight trucks make up for the slightly increased weight of the slick deck as well.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2021, 03:53:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm riding Tensor Maglight mids 5.5 (8.25" axle) with 54mm F4 Conical Full 97du with my Krooked Worrest 8.3" TT slick right now and it's a perfect setup for the slippery smooth skatepark I've been going to. The super lightweight trucks make up for the slightly increased weight of the slick deck as well.

Damn close to my TT slick setup (down to my last Worrest slick)! Great combo with the mags, slip slide and grind on anything. I was using spit lockins but ended up not liking them and swapping them; didn't feel they were any better for me than a conical or side cut shape which have more utility.

Swapped out the 5.5s for 5.8s so I could get better lock-in on feeble to smiths (double sided curb), using Bones V3s for more room (not shown in pic).

Been wanting to get a 8.25 TT slick but I am not sure they make one? Plenty of 8.3s out there tho.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 04:01:36 PM by Xen »

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #235 on: July 30, 2021, 09:19:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn close to my TT slick setup (down to my last Worrest slick)! Great combo with the mags, slip slide and grind on anything. I was using spit lockins but ended up not liking them and swapping them; didn't feel they were any better for me than a conical or side cut shape which have more utility.

Swapped out the 5.5s for 5.8s so I could get better lock-in on feeble to smiths (double sided curb), using Bones V3s for more room (not shown in pic).

Been wanting to get a 8.25 TT slick but I am not sure they make one? Plenty of 8.3s out there tho.

Nice, I had that same Krooked Worrest Destroyer deck until I gave it to my buddy (which got him hooked on twin tail slicks, that's all he skates now). I was riding 5.75 maglights on my 8.3" slick with 51mm at first and it worked well, but after all my testing this is what I found:

8.3" deck + 5.5/8.25" trucks + 51mm wheels = Super lightweight, responsive and flippy but not stable enough.
8.3" deck + 5.5/8.25" trucks + 54mm wheels = Great control, very stable, perfect all around board.
8.3" deck + 5.75/8.5" trucks + 51mm wheels = Lightweight, responsive, stable but slower speed and pebble problems.
8.3" deck + 5.75/8.5" trucks + 54mm wheels = Extremely stable but feels heavy and harder to flip.

Good luck with your 5.8 trucks, I hope they work out. I'm sure if I had access to a double sided curb and more power I'd probably move back up to 5.75/8.5" trucks with maybe some 53mm Classics (damn now I want to try that combo).

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
« Reply #236 on: July 30, 2021, 09:36:43 AM »
I realized I'm using my twin tail wrong - I have this old habit of having my front truck looser than my back. Which negates the reason I invested in a twin tail. So I adjusted my trucks to have the same looseness and man, I felt like a new born giraffe wobbling around.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2021, 10:02:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Nice, I had that same Krooked Worrest Destroyer deck until I gave it to my buddy (which got him hooked on twin tail slicks, that's all he skates now). I was riding 5.75 maglights on my 8.3" slick with 51mm at first and it worked well, but after all my testing this is what I found:

8.3" deck + 5.5/8.25" trucks + 51mm wheels = Super lightweight, responsive and flippy but not stable enough.
8.3" deck + 5.5/8.25" trucks + 54mm wheels = Great control, very stable, perfect all around board.
8.3" deck + 5.75/8.5" trucks + 51mm wheels = Lightweight, responsive, stable but slower speed and pebble problems.
8.3" deck + 5.75/8.5" trucks + 54mm wheels = Extremely stable but feels heavy and harder to flip.

Good luck with your 5.8 trucks, I hope they work out. I'm sure if I had access to a double sided curb and more power I'd probably move back up to 5.75/8.5" trucks with maybe some 53mm Classics (damn now I want to try that combo).

Only reason I moved up to the 8.5" truck (with slim wheels) from the 8.25"s (with classics) was for the (a specific) double sided curb, it really helps (I also skate 159 Indys on the same curbs with 97a conicals) the lock-in with a wider truck is awesome, you can just 'sit' on it versus have to balance on it (riding 147s and V5s right now and it's no where close to the same feeling) and it obviously helps for 50-50s/sitting on top of the curb.

I was using 51/52mm classics with the 8.5s for a day and for double sided, I prefer a sidecut wheel to lock-in, with classics being so round, I'd roll out/over the curb more often that not.

8.3"/8.25"/52mm classics worked the best for me for all around skating.

Sacha

• Rep: 4
« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2021, 05:26:55 AM »
Dunno if these guys will ever release another skateboard but they’re offering a TT in a wide variety of sizes (min 14” wb).

https://litheskateboards.com/shop/decks

Click board dimensions at the top for a chart.
Trigger warning - graphics are beyond minging.

Edit: Actually the “NEX” model is shipping and available as twin

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2021, 07:19:22 AM »
You forgot to mention the price.....