Author Topic: nike sb - trust fall  (Read 48199 times)

MyUserName

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: nike sb - trust fall
« Reply #300 on: July 07, 2019, 06:11:11 PM »
Guys, Caleb Barnett is not pleasant to watch. Stop trying to make him a thing.

Nicki

« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2019, 07:36:22 PM »
Guys, Caleb Barnett is not pleasant to watch. Stop trying to make him a thing.

Spot on. And no amount of Nike money is going to change that.

thebacker

« Reply #302 on: July 08, 2019, 05:16:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Guys, Caleb Barnett is not pleasant to watch. Stop trying to NOT make him a thing.
[close]

Spot on. And no amount of Nike money stoopid poosey posts is going to change that.

Nicki

« Reply #303 on: July 08, 2019, 05:55:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Guys, Caleb Barnett is not pleasant to watch. Stop trying to NOT make him a thing.
[close]

Spot on. And no amount of Nike money stoopid poosey posts is going to change that.
[close]

Creeping on slap, crossing out Nike money. Weird. Guess they got to you too.

thebacker

« Reply #304 on: July 08, 2019, 06:08:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Creeping on slap, crossing out Nike money. Weird. Guess they got to you too.

youre definitely wearing some consolidated shoes right now

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #305 on: July 08, 2019, 06:48:16 AM »
It's funny how you all have to defend your opinions to the death.

Opinions are subjective and can't be proven correct or incorrect.

I like watching Caleb's skating even though it's a bit sloppy. I understand why people wouldn't be into him... not a big deal.

Nicki

« Reply #306 on: July 08, 2019, 06:58:55 AM »

I like watching Caleb's skating even though it's a bit sloppy. I understand why people wouldn't be into him... not a big deal.

Yeah, it’s getting kinda boring. Caleb’s fine, I just wouldn’t put him in the compare his skating to Tim, BA etc - that’s just silly. I’m sure Caleb would agree.

I’m not defending my opinions, I’m just defending myself from the slap bro lynch mob.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #307 on: July 08, 2019, 07:17:06 AM »
Hated the way that was filmed. Good stuff, but utterly forgettable all around.

Seriously. What the fuck is this trend of zooming way in on a skaters face right up until they pop, then panning down to their feet, then panning right back to a mega zoom on their face. It's fucking terrible...and pretty weird. Stop it. It's ruining videos. 

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #308 on: July 08, 2019, 07:53:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, it’s getting kinda boring. Caleb’s fine, I just wouldn’t put him in the compare his skating to Tim, BA etc - that’s just silly. I’m sure Caleb would agree.

I’m not defending my opinions, I’m just defending myself from the slap bro lynch mob.

I like hearing people’s opinions, and it’s cool when they are different then mine, gives me some perspective. My disagreeing with someone, for me, doesn’t make me want them to believe what I believe, but more just to let them know I am way fucking cooler than them and in the future they will remember our interaction and be sorry. And also just to talk skateboarding. Re Caleb: I watched the video once, thought he looked dope, had his own thing. Some other folks expressed they didn’t like his style, and at least one person made it bizarrely racial. Which let me know we were on the internet. I assumed the folks who weren’t feeling him liked what I would call sterile skaters (Malto, Shane, Blake etc), but the one posted a sick clip from an era that l wasn’t skating and it was sick. That’s about you Nikki. Anyways, I thought that was the point of it all: discuss content, share opinions.

I don’t want to share the same opinions, my opinion makes better than you.

Nicki

« Reply #309 on: July 08, 2019, 08:22:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I like hearing people’s opinions, and it’s cool when they are different then mine, gives me some perspective. My disagreeing with someone, for me, doesn’t make me want them to believe what I believe, but more just to let them know I am way fucking cooler than them and in the future they will remember our interaction and be sorry. And also just to talk skateboarding. Re Caleb: I watched the video once, thought he looked dope, had his own thing. Some other folks expressed they didn’t like his style, and at least one person made it bizarrely racial. Which let me know we were on the internet. I assumed the folks who weren’t feeling him liked what I would call sterile skaters (Malto, Shane, Blake etc), but the one posted a sick clip from an era that l wasn’t skating and it was sick. That’s about you Nikki. Anyways, I thought that was the point of it all: discuss content, share opinions.

Well why didn’t you say that before! Glad you liked the clip!❤️
I also googled Phrenology - so now I know what mr clever trousers was talking about (that’s about you ok).

Here’s another clip, not so rare, but you can’t go past peak Tom. That funbox at Radlands was no joke - and Tom ssfskf it like it was nothing. Dreamy!

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #310 on: July 08, 2019, 10:41:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hahaha fair enough. I like discussion and a variety of opinions as well, but sometimes people's ~passion~ makes a discussion just go in circles (just in general I'm not targeting anyone). I'm also just not an argumentative person so I usually don't care why/how someone has a particular opinion on something trivial like a skater's style.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #311 on: July 08, 2019, 11:39:37 AM »
Caleb Barnett has good fuckin' style. It's nice to see people who look different when they skate. Gino's style is my personal favorite but I get fuckin' amped when I rewatch a Paulo Diaz part. It wouldn't be fun or interesting if everyone skated the same.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #312 on: July 09, 2019, 11:49:05 AM »
Caleb Barnett has good fuckin' style. It's nice to see people who look different when they skate. Gino's style is my personal favorite but I get fuckin' amped when I rewatch a Paulo Diaz part. It wouldn't be fun or interesting if everyone skated the same.

Gino always made it look easy. If you've seen this spot in person, you know how ridiculous this is:

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #313 on: July 09, 2019, 12:47:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gino always made it look easy. If you've seen this spot in person, you know how ridiculous this is:

🤤

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #314 on: July 09, 2019, 02:31:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

True true.
That Gino spot....I can’t imagine rolling up that, and on like what? 50mm? Anyways, best style. I’m also a very big fan of Puleo. None of that is exactly going out on a limb. Same with that Tom post above, he had great style, water is wet.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #315 on: July 10, 2019, 06:44:39 AM »
 Finally got around to watching this. 

^Best trick in the video. And I even know his name, unlike most of the rest.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: nike - trust fall
« Reply #316 on: July 10, 2019, 06:50:59 AM »
Considering it’s almost July, and the only real skate sustenance for the year has been all of sours shit, Bobby’s truck part, some habitat web clip, the first part in a darkstar video. This year has been so dry compared to last year. Last year it was like a ballin ass full length came out every damn week, shits gettin dry. This Nike video and Welcome video better pull thru.

Sour and Cover Version. Americans not even in the running for video of the year so far. Last year was crazy though.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #317 on: July 10, 2019, 06:53:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Considering it’s almost July, and the only real skate sustenance for the year has been all of sours shit, Bobby’s truck part, some habitat web clip, the first part in a darkstar video. This year has been so dry compared to last year. Last year it was like a ballin ass full length came out every damn week, shits gettin dry. This Nike video and Welcome video better pull thru.
[close]

Sour and Cover Version. Americans not even in the running for video of the year so far. Last year was crazy though.

Toy and Baker have sad they both will have full lengths in August.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #318 on: July 10, 2019, 07:04:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Toy and Baker have sad they both will have full lengths in August.

A great Baker video could maybe give Sour a run for their money but almost nothing else could.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #319 on: July 10, 2019, 07:36:11 AM »

[/quote

Familiarize yourself! You’ll be hyped. His skating is amazing. I’ve never seen the spots he skates but I imagine that would up the stoke factor. So so good

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #320 on: July 10, 2019, 08:06:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[/quote

Familiarize yourself! You’ll be hyped. His skating is amazing. I’ve never seen the spots he skates but I imagine that would up the stoke factor. So so good
[close]

I am familiar with Max Palmer, I was saying he’s one of the only ones who I do know. Just joining the bitchfest about lack of skaters names in the video. And I have seen the spots he skates and he’s a freak. This was a fun post:
https://quartersnacks.com/2017/09/a-brief-history-of-the-worst-max-palmer-spots/

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #321 on: July 10, 2019, 08:22:28 AM »
Yeah that Gino photo is classic. The insane spot, the kit, the trick, the facial expression... everything.

What I was trying to say (I'm sure most people got it) was that its nice to watch skaters with different styles. Some are more universally pleasant to watch like, say, Puleo or Gino, while other's have great style while being a little out-there and maybe even sketchy. It wouldn't be fun if everyone had the same "smooth" style. Sometimes you want to watch a more creative skater, sometimes you want to watch a more aggressive skater... whatever. Also different body types means that there are an infinite number of iterations of style. Caleb Barnett is a tall dude with really cool style. Sure he may not check all the boxes of what one's "style rules" might be but that is part of what makes it fun to watch. Style is expressing yourself on a skateboard. Thinking of a trick in your mind, and executing it in a way that is fundamentally "you." He does that. Kits on point too. I don't see what people are on about.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Nicki

« Reply #322 on: July 10, 2019, 08:51:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

True true.
That Gino spot....I can’t imagine rolling up that, and on like what? 50mm? Anyways, best style. I’m also a very big fan of Puleo. None of that is exactly going out on a limb. Same with that Tom post above, he had great style, water is wet.

Probably not even 50mm. Venture lows and sub 8 inch board. Unbelievable.
Here’s one of my favourite tall guys with rad tall guy style - Brian Young. Looks awesome and dudes a monster. Love it!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:02:05 AM by Nicki »

shrockitis

• Rep: 3
« Reply #323 on: July 10, 2019, 07:01:00 PM »
whoever called out that fakie manny touch is a fucking moron, scraping on a fakie manual and still landing it is so much gnarlier than not touching

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2019, 04:13:23 AM »
whoever called out that fakie manny touch is a fucking moron, scraping on a fakie manual and still landing it is so much gnarlier than not touching
Well yeah, but no.
Touching on nose/fakie manny is scary for sure, but it also makes the trick not count.

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #325 on: July 11, 2019, 09:48:24 AM »

Your wrong.  No scraping on manuals ever!

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
« Reply #326 on: July 11, 2019, 09:49:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Well yeah, but no.
Touching on nose/fakie manny is scary for sure, but it also makes the trick not count.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #327 on: July 11, 2019, 01:04:18 PM »
as a black dude i'm happy to say it's A okay to think Caleb is gross ass east coast zach allen.

if this dude was white, skated like that, wore zumiez fits, and was from nevada nobody would give two flying fucks about that dude.  but he is black and from NY and wear cool clothes so he rides for nike...which i realize is a marketing move on their part and i don't have any prob with that.

but the dude's skating is gross and if he wasn't skating cool new york spots none of you would give two fucks about him
where is home?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #328 on: July 11, 2019, 01:37:40 PM »
as a black dude i'm happy to say it's A okay to think Caleb is gross ass east coast zach allen.

if this dude was white, skated like that, wore zumiez fits, and was from nevada nobody would give two flying fucks about that dude.  but he is black and from NY and wear cool clothes so he rides for nike...which i realize is a marketing move on their part and i don't have any prob with that.

but the dude's skating is gross and if he wasn't skating cool new york spots none of you would give two fucks about him
Not to take away from what you're saying, but I think it is cool you think that someone's skating would look cool no matter where they're at. Whether it be the suburbs or New York. I feel the same way.

immagetchuwet

« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2019, 01:43:49 PM »

no shit? you could say that about any paid skater. hes also not from new York.