Author Topic: Interview  (Read 542 times)

Skatrixx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
Interview
« on: March 24, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »
Hi,

I am currently working on my thesis and I need to do conduct (online) interviews with skaters from different regions. The interview will be about your 'lifestyle' around skateboarding and I will ask for your opinion about a certain product which is in development at this moment. I am looking for skaters from:
- The United States
- Germany
- Belgium
- United Kingdom
- the Netherlands

The interview will take around 20/30 minutes max. I would really appreciate it if you could help me!

Feel free to ask any questions!

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Interview
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 07:00:59 PM »
Hey everyone,

Currently we are working on a sensor for skateboards to track the tricks performed, analyse the progress and to compete with friends. Could you help us by filling in the survey below if you are a skater? It will just take a couple of minutes and you would help us a lot!

https://fontysfhmm.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ePU2g8lOaUYNRLo

Thank you!

Thesis huh?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Skatrixx

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2021, 04:21:03 AM »
Yess, it is for my thesis. I hope I graduate this year

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 04:35:16 AM »
You already tried this on the UK Skate Forum and got laughed out of the room.

No one here will have any interest in this product. Honestly your best bet is to go on r/skateboarding or just approach a straight up sporting forum.

Your target audience is likely kids under 10, or people that blindly over accesorize when they try out a new hobby.

Long story short. It is a dumb idea.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 04:45:40 AM by Sila »

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 05:23:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Hey everyone,

Currently we are working on a sensor for skateboards to track the tricks performed, analyse the progress and to compete with friends. Could you help us by filling in the survey below if you are a skater? It will just take a couple of minutes and you would help us a lot!

Thank you!
[close]

Thesis huh?

Straight up jacked Cheetah's concept man, not cool

Expand Quote
I dunno, man. Maybe a younger generation will make it cool. Their helmets will have sound and bluetooth, with HUD and cameras and shit. Force sensors will dispatch the local constabulary in the event of a severe collision. They'll be like water cooled and will tell you when you need to hydrate, consume insects for protein, drop poops, or put on your gas mask.
[close]

Dude I know you are being sarcastic, but that is literally a brilliant fucking idea holy shit. Like if you want to skate parks at a highly competitive level it is all about speed control. I would not be surprised if someone develops a helmet with like a siri functionality where you could say something like speed check to accurately monitor your speed at any second. You could also probably use AI to figure out the tricks you are doing, and make a database that connects to an iphone app to visualize your sessions data, like what tricks you tried, what obstacle you were on, efficiencies of making tricks on different obstacles, sequences, and speeds. like a helmet wearable for high level professional skating knowledge. That is an absolutely fucking brilliant idea, and I think would create a much better generation of skateboarders while also being able to promote safety at the same time. you my friend just had a great POC.

Skatrixx

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 05:42:07 AM »

No one here will have any interest in this product. Honestly your best bet is to go on r/skateboarding or just approach a straight up sporting forum.

Your target audience is likely kids under 10, or people that blindly over accesorize when they try out a new hobby.

I am just working on my thesis trying to gather information from the target group. You are acting like I am trying to force everybody to buy the product. I am asking if anybody in the community would like to help me because I do not have 300 skating friends all over the world. I do not have many options, I just want to graduate. I am also giving away many Bones Reds Bearings because I also want to make it worth to filling in the survey for example, it is not a huge price but it is something which I could give away in a high quantity.

I will also process your opinion in my thesis for example, not every response has to be positive you know, I just want to know what could be the best choice for the company I am currently doing my thesis for. Thank you for the tip to go on Reddit, I will try it, if you have any other ideas how I could receive many respons I would appreciate it. 

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 05:45:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey everyone,

Thank you!
[close]

Thesis huh?
[close]

Straight up jacked Cheetah's concept man, not cool

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dunno, man. Maybe a younger generation will make it cool. Their helmets will have sound and bluetooth, with HUD and cameras and shit. Force sensors will dispatch the local constabulary in the event of a severe collision. They'll be like water cooled and will tell you when you need to hydrate, consume insects for protein, drop poops, or put on your gas mask.
[close]

Dude I know you are being sarcastic, but that is literally a brilliant fucking idea holy shit. Like if you want to skate parks at a highly competitive level it is all about speed control. I would not be surprised if someone develops a helmet with like a siri functionality where you could say something like speed check to accurately monitor your speed at any second. You could also probably use AI to figure out the tricks you are doing, and make a database that connects to an iphone app to visualize your sessions data, like what tricks you tried, what obstacle you were on, efficiencies of making tricks on different obstacles, sequences, and speeds. like a helmet wearable for high level professional skating knowledge. That is an absolutely fucking brilliant idea, and I think would create a much better generation of skateboarders while also being able to promote safety at the same time. you my friend just had a great POC.
[close]

You forget yourself, sir. I was the brain behind that paradigm shifting technology. Now skatrixXx, where’s my box?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Skatrixx

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 05:53:49 AM »
on its way

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 06:00:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I am just working on my thesis trying to gather information from the target group. You are acting like I am trying to force everybody to buy the product. I am asking if anybody in the community would like to help me because I do not have 300 skating friends all over the world. I do not have many options, I just want to graduate. I am also giving away many Bones Reds Bearings because I also want to make it worth to filling in the survey for example, it is not a huge price but it is something which I could give away in a high quantity.

I will also process your opinion in my thesis for example, not every response has to be positive you know, I just want to know what could be the best choice for the company I am currently doing my thesis for. Thank you for the tip to go on Reddit, I will try it, if you have any other ideas how I could receive many respons I would appreciate it.

Actually I think r/skateboarding might be a video only subreddit, so it may not work. There should be something similar.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 06:34:46 AM »

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2021, 12:27:07 AM »
dont understand, can't you just film yourself skating why do you need a fitbit to show your friends what you did
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2021, 12:30:24 PM »
If you don't quantify everything you've done in your life how will you know if your life had any value?

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2021, 02:45:47 PM »
What school and program?