Author Topic: Blondey king of kooks  (Read 29228 times)

Soft Boiled

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
Re: Blondey king of kooks
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2019, 04:54:28 PM »
It’s cool that he’s thinking about setting himself up for the future. I like fashion and clothes, I think most skaters do, it’s just the word “fashion”, and the pretentious connotations that go along with it that many people find lame. But I know plenty of dudes who despise the idea of fashion in skateboarding, and downplay their own interest in wardrobe, but spend 30 minutes picking out the perfect Dickies, Chucks, and Carhart kit.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2019, 01:05:20 AM »
Imagine defending, or trying to defend, Blondey 🤣

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2019, 04:11:45 AM »
All I know is if I could make people care enough to continuously go to a messageboard thread to express their opinion about the food I eat, products I designed or how I live my life in general, I'd be hyped.

know_your_role

• Rep: 10
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2019, 04:28:53 AM »
The "clear" look has been a hot thing in the fashion world for two years ago

Carhartt had some really nice colored clear jackets last year, I think

You're just seeing a major brand like Adidas using one of its meme riders to offload a trend onto

if by clear you mean transparent plastic then fyi helmut lang did it for menswear almost 20 years ago

and alexander mcqueen in 1995
(possibly nsfw, i'll just post link to img)

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2019, 06:02:32 AM »
I remember Iggy Pop wearing clear PVC trousers on a music show mid 90's.
My mum said "That'll never catch on".
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3421
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2019, 06:38:38 AM »
blondey is tight, def a good skater if anything
yall just mad u can't wear em cause u know your dusty ass socks are gonna be on full display

LOL

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2019, 06:45:05 AM »
Expand Quote

You're just seeing a major brand like Adidas using one of its meme riders to offload a trend onto
[close]

if by clear you mean transparent plastic then fyi helmut lang did it for menswear almost 20 years ago

Wouldn't you just sweat like crazy in those pants?  Especially in a club?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2019, 09:09:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I worked in a skate shop and now in fashion.

Funny thing is no one when working at a skate shop gave a shit about Blondey, now though, I work with a lot of people who lose their shit when it’s got anything to do with him. Girls especially love him, he’s a full blown celebrity in the fashion world.

Not into the shoe or Thames, but he’s nothing but successful at everything he does, so good on him for that.
[close]
thank you. No one seems to get that.
[close]
No Thank you. No one seems to get that no one on this message boards understands what being a pro skateboarder is and you highlighted this well.
highlight my dick and suck it

thot juice

• Rep: -54
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2019, 03:07:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sup the model is boyd holbrook who plays the main dea agent on season 1 of NARCOS
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 03:11:56 PM by thot juice »

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2019, 11:03:27 PM »
Imagine defending, or trying to defend, Blondey 🤣
This. Everything the fuckwit does induces secondhand embarrassment. tHAMeS!

EmilioBestevez

• Rep: 71
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2019, 07:26:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I worked in a skate shop and now in fashion.

Funny thing is no one when working at a skate shop gave a shit about Blondey, now though, I work with a lot of people who lose their shit when it’s got anything to do with him. Girls especially love him, he’s a full blown celebrity in the fashion world.

Not into the shoe or Thames, but he’s nothing but successful at everything he does, so good on him for that.
[close]
thank you. No one seems to get that.
[close]
No Thank you. No one seems to get that no one on this message boards understands what being a pro skateboarder is and you highlighted this well.

Being a pro skateboarder is being a marketing tool/ambassador for a brand.  That's about it.  If you can't wrap your head around what that means, you will never understand what being a pro skateboarder is.

Whether their worth comes from persona or technical ability, they still serve the exact same purpose and both hold equal value in the world of business and advertising.  Skateboarding is skateboarding.  Pro skateboarding is not the same thing.  Pro skateboarding is a business and your approach to it could anywhere between being a Kelvin Hoefler or a Blondey McCoy.

You can debate whether that is fair or whether it is lame but you can't debate whether it's 100% bulletproof fact.  I can't defend Blondey as a skateboarder but as a "professional" he definitely knows what he is doing.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 07:35:54 AM by EmilioBestevez »

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2019, 11:55:10 AM »
His new part is...interesting. I like his skating style but the long ass socks and fucking Kanye gospel music supervision were bad bad bad 🙅‍♂️

Also couldn’t help but noticed he thanked every single PWBC homie but Lev. So curious what happened there

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -142
« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2019, 12:18:43 PM »
His new part is...interesting. I like his skating style but the long ass socks and fucking Kanye gospel music supervision were bad bad bad 🙅‍♂️

Also couldn’t help but noticed he thanked every single PWBC homie but Lev. So curious what happened there

is Lev's last name Kembry? hard to read the handwritting. I noticed he thanked Dad but not Mom, kinda weird. Why would you pick kanye west much less I assume a current song from that gospel album?

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2019, 12:47:21 PM »
For Whom the Bell End Tolls

squintharder

« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2019, 12:49:33 PM »
it makes so much sense that a kanye song was used in that new adidas shoe vid. blondey and kanye are roughly similar kinds of kooks. both talented at what they do but eccentric and kooky and not as cool as they think they are

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2019, 12:54:44 PM »
Dylan  the only man I will ever respect that did the fashion gig. Everyone else lookin like fuckin clowns will you all please stop and learn to do fix a car or something not poosy art

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2019, 01:25:17 PM »
Will it blend? that is the question.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #167 on: December 14, 2019, 01:27:18 PM »
👑
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2019, 03:37:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

is Lev's last name Kembry? hard to read the handwritting. I noticed he thanked Dad but not Mom, kinda weird. Why would you pick kanye west much less I assume a current song from that gospel album?

No, his last name is Tanju.

clintendo

• Rep: 25
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2019, 06:51:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Because it was free? I assume there would be something Kanye’s agreement with the three stripes that they could use his music for promotional purposes, but then again it simply because Kanye is also into fashion? Who knows and who cares...

I like blondey because he skates well and is happily doing his own thing, you can’t hate on him expressing yourself just because you may not be feeling it.

Skateboarding needs more individuals in the mix

SubCurban Commando

• Rep: 16
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2019, 10:11:05 PM »
Nike did see through Air Force one's about ten years ago, think they were a silver surfer marvel shoe. See through shoes look cool on the shelf but they go all steamed up when you wear them, looks fucking minging tbh.

Dracula

• Rep: -20
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2019, 07:17:24 AM »

Tabletop

• Rep: -69
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2019, 07:31:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Lex Kembry is Alasdair McLellan’s assistant and skatephotographer.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2019, 08:43:31 AM »
The title of this thread is needlessly confusing.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2019, 01:20:22 PM »
I don't know who Blondey McCoy is but I know his brother Ginger Pringles.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 56
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2019, 01:40:49 PM »
The emperor's new shoes

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2019, 05:45:01 PM »
Nike did see through Air Force one's about ten years ago, think they were a silver surfer marvel shoe. See through shoes look cool on the shelf but they go all steamed up when you wear them, looks fucking minging tbh.

Nike and CDG also did a see through dunk high (not SB) in 2017.

Ocelot

« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2019, 05:31:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I get you

But its usage in the last few years has been tied in with that cut & paste style (you know the one I'm talking about, it looks like things are inside out, big patches, big pockets etc...). That's how it's now popular, not just a direct copy of its earlier iterations

The Blondey shoe though seems to be just the core concept of that look, copied onto a shoe, with the gum and toe obviously leading into that "cut and paste" thing again.

It's a really bare-bones basic version of the new "clear" trend that Adidas was looking to cash in on so they used their meme rider.

Reminds me of when janoski ripped off the boat shoe that all the cool guys were wearing for his nike model, but I feel like that was kinda cool because that was a massive shot in the dark to try and merge the fashion and skate scene back then

The blondey thing just reeks of corporatism. As someone who knows people in london agencies that blondey has approached with all of his wonderful projects, he's a renowned kook who has no idea what he's doing but is really young and has lots of money from dad!

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1269
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2019, 08:49:04 AM »
Blondey on humor

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1394
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2019, 09:00:03 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't know who Blondey McCoy is but I know his brother Ginger Pringles.
[close]
Chestnut Fritos
unreadable trap logo