Author Topic: Is it wierd to tag along with randoms?  (Read 2249 times)

SpankerChief

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
Is it wierd to tag along with randoms?
« on: June 28, 2019, 07:22:28 AM »
So as many of you know I have random thoughts that are genuine curiosities, so say you are skating a new town and see a group and just join them from spot to spot. As long as you aren't a kook or a negative dickhead what's the problem? I understand not being invited if someone was to join in the whip or whatever but rolling around town that should be an invite in itself?
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
Re: Is it wierd to tag along with randoms?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 07:46:51 AM »
So as many of you know I have random thoughts that are genuine curiosities, so say you are skating a new town and see a group and just join them from spot to spot. As long as you aren't a kook or a negative dickhead what's the problem? I understand not being invited if someone was to join in the whip or whatever but rolling around town that should be an invite in itself?

I see no problem with that whatsoever. You are all skaters.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 07:55:14 AM »
I use to have a friend that'd lurk about with us from spot to spot he wasn't that great at skating but we'd have a laugh at his shitty chicken foot attempts. whenever we'd be rolling about town it wasn't a problem but when you've got too many people going to a far away spot already don't jump in the whip unless we've got room/invited. He'd get super butthurt like what am I to do sorry eh? no room bud.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 08:38:20 AM »
   Im too old for that.  I get invited  but turn it down.  I just chill with everyone at tbe park and leave it at that.  Def exceptions tho.  Certain people.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 08:48:13 AM »
I tried to reply, but then I remembered I know nothing of socialization. Godspeed.

Fro Doggy Dog

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 04:49:52 PM »
first thing that came to mind was fat bill on the bunt:

last person you want on the sesh: "...someone i would call a magnet. a magnet is a person that, if you're skating around with your crew - say you leave the skatepark, and you're skating down the street, and you get to the spot that you're going to. you know, like 15 blocks. all of a sudden you turn around and there's one dude that's with you that you're like 'who the fuck is this kid?' you're like, not gonna be a dick because you're just like, you're not gonna be like 'dude, what are you doing skating with us?' you just like kinda accept it in your fucking brain. but you're like, 'who the fuck is this guy?' dude, they just magnetize to you around town. like, that happened at love all the time. like me, pappalardo, and pluhowski would leave and fucking start skating down the street - there'd be like five of us - and all of sudden there'd be like just one lurker that was magnetized to us. dude, those are the worst.

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 06:26:37 PM »

Expand Quote
last person you want on the sesh: "...someone i would call a magnet. a magnet is a person that, if you're skating around with your crew - say you leave the skatepark, and you're skating down the street, and you get to the spot that you're going to. you know, like 15 blocks. all of a sudden you turn around and there's one dude that's with you that you're like 'who the fuck is this kid?' you're like, not gonna be a dick because you're just like, you're not gonna be like 'dude, what are you doing skating with us?' you just like kinda accept it in your fucking brain. but you're like, 'who the fuck is this guy?' dude, they just magnetize to you around town. like, that happened at love all the time. like me, pappalardo, and pluhowski would leave and fucking start skating down the street - there'd be like five of us - and all of sudden there'd be like just one lurker that was magnetized to us. dude, those are the worst.
[close]
Ummm that’s kinda a douche cougar mentality to have..... also a cool guy thing to do, what are you guys too good for me?

Anyone who has been that kinda a dick I would call them out, like fuck you bud! Hope you break your board and trash your shit online.  Thankfully no one has cool guyed me that I can remember. Just like I have said it’s one thing to be lurking from spot to spot but it’s an absolute no no to try and hop in the ride.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 09:37:48 PM »
i NEVER did this back home - maybe the first few years of skating when it was more inclusive but by my late teens and early 20s id never do this - i moved abroad from California to China  in 2013 and its the opposite, its also the same thing when I travel abroad. Met some life long friends from all over the world.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 10:15:22 PM »
I tried to reply, but then I remembered I know nothing of socialization. Godspeed. Hellride

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 10:16:46 PM »
lol ^
but i think a good equalizer is asking ? u know, going up to a new crew and just asking if they mind u joining the next session. that way nothing is tacit. if u go, sick -- if not, u dont worry abt it ? idk. i too am a big idiot and wield the social skills of an ocean sponge

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 10:42:38 PM »
This would happen all the time in drug addict circles. People would blend and come and go in different constelations all the time.

If you hit it off, go for it. If not, it is kind of strange.

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 01:57:19 AM »
What, that is absolutely weird, how about you just ask and accept the answer.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2019, 07:52:39 AM »
everyone im friends with was at once a random
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2019, 03:28:30 PM »
anyone who thinks it is strange or absurd asking to roll with at least to the next spot then you obviously never had any issues with finding skating friends. (I hate & also envy your magnetism cool guy) 

also how the fuck do you explain go skate day if not following randoms?! flawless logic right there....... ???

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2019, 08:44:51 PM »
bruh you think too much

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2019, 09:05:29 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Ummm that’s kinda a douche cougar mentality to have..... also a cool guy thing to do, what are you guys too good for me?

I mean fat bill's been a working filmer for almost 30 years he's allowed to want his space
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2019, 03:32:56 AM »
if it's people im on a first name basis with i'd probably tag along on a skate session but not to the point i'd be jumping in randoms cars.

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 07:42:39 AM »
bruh you think too much
Ummm yeah that’s what your brain is for?  Or you weren’t into science and biology?
By your statement alone I assume the latter.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 10:05:30 PM »
I would say it is entirely dependent on personality and whether or not the random meshes with the crew. I've been in many situations where someone joins and I don't know if they can be down with us, but going spot to spot really makes it obvious if you're on the same wavelength. Honestly speaking, I'm usually the one that's at odds with the rest of the crew, but I'm sort of a staple in the neighborhood and I feel like the others that I'm not that close to see me as a nice unnecessary accessory that they're used to. You know, almost never invited, but always welcome if there's space. Sometimes even prioritized over others. Of course there are those that can't hang at all and they stick around longer than their welcome, but it's hard for me to judge because I know I don't personally feel that I'm in on the group half the time. This is actually a pretty complex issue. Most things are more complex than people assume.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

SpankerChief

• Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2019, 04:43:01 AM »
I would say it is entirely dependent on personality and whether or not the random meshes with the crew. I've been in many situations where someone joins and I don't know if they can be down with us, but going spot to spot really makes it obvious if you're on the same wavelength. Honestly speaking, I'm usually the one that's at odds with the rest of the crew, but I'm sort of a staple in the neighborhood and I feel like the others that I'm not that close to see me as a nice unnecessary accessory that they're used to. You know, almost never invited, but always welcome if there's space. Sometimes even prioritized over others. Of course there are those that can't hang at all and they stick around longer than their welcome, but it's hard for me to judge because I know I don't personally feel that I'm in on the group half the time. This is actually a pretty complex issue. Most things are more complex than people assume.
That sentiment right there, it’s a lot more complex then people assume it is, is what I’ve been talking about.

As supposedly free thinking,open minded, and inclusive as we all like to think skateboarding scene and lifestyle is.

it’s not in many ways it’s bullshit. Elitism and exclusionary to varying degrees of secular and cliquey. which to me if you can hang with the banter (blend seamlessly) and just be decent to each other it shouldn’t matter skill level or who knows who?

Which leads my assumptions about am I not good enough?  Did I say something wrong?when I know it isn’t me it’s them having a problem because of their/my own assumptions.

(Note these are my assumptions based around a multitude of different spots crews towns cities and certain scenes in the USA)

Especially if it’s a hey buddy what’s good? Skate for a bit then bounce, we all know those that stick around for far too long and I get that. It’s another for whenever they say skateboarding is inclusive and great for self esteem when it’s a whole other can of fuckery some will address or just ignore because that’s just the way it is.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:51:26 AM by SpankerChief »

Burnt_Reynolds

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 06:32:57 AM »
I dont see any problem with it if the vibe fits. No point in being uncomfortable for the sake of some randos feelings throughout the day.
Do you smoke herb? Ok its good.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -331
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 07:03:46 AM »
Well the point initially when starting this thread is the fact as a "culture" we are supposed to be ultra accepting of others when in reality we are just as close-mined and if not conservative with our views. Look at how long it took to get someone to come out the closet? or a relatable girl skater that rips, yeah certain things they do can be annoying as some of you point out but really your favorite "legendary skater" does the same GODDAMNED THING!!!!!!!!
Dueces Bitch's

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 08:20:50 AM »
As long as you don't get butt hurt if it seems like people are ignoring you. You have to accept that maybe they are focusing hard on getting their trick or just aren't in a good mood. It doesn't necessarily mean they are a "cool guy."

I give people props when they land cool stuff and eventually I introduce myself and try to remember their name. Then next time we see each other and we both have forgotten each other's names we laugh about it and reintroduce ourselves.

Skateboarding is fun and all friends start out as "randoms."

I don't tag along because I don't really have a lot of extra free time. Now and when I was younger I only go spot to spot with my friends. Usually we just meet up at one spot though, and to be honest, it's usually the park.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 08:25:28 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.