Author Topic: Mark Gonzales Finds Perfect Balance  (Read 6535 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Mark Gonzales Finds Perfect Balance
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2019, 05:14:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I do find it funny when people come from some place of, "you'd have a sad boring life and probably be depressed if it wasn't for Gonz and all the glorious things he did not just for skateboarding, but for you personally." Give me a break.
A person can be amazing and an innovator in their chosen field and still be completely insufferable.
[close]
All true. We don't owe Gonz anything, but it is pretty exhilirating to go back and watch some of his old contest runs  ;D

"we dont owe Gonz anything"  Care to explain this?  "exhilirating"  -doucebags!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 05:21:18 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2019, 11:35:01 PM »
be honest with yourselves guys. this video was produced to stoke out a bunch of people who fetishize creativity/fantasize about the lives of artists to the point where they need to watch a vid made by hypebeast that supplements their imagination. how do you do that? get a guy wearing a checkered jumpsuit and a supreme hat to talk about authenticity. in this case the guy happens to be mark gonzalez. it's just the way the world is.

jockboy

• Rep: -18
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2019, 02:21:05 AM »
lmao dis 1... on god this nigga cringe as fuck

he do this dandy ass gay virgil abaoloh ass shit but wont sit his stoopid69 ligma ass down for Odell camera

this nigga a real ass clown n aint no one in the art shiet respect the possy ass

aint no banksy love

aint no brainwash love

this dood a fuckin jester ass buster

this dood like kim kardashian he put out one good tape in his youth and then just think he a visionary

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2019, 04:23:19 AM »

he do this dandy ass gay virgil abaoloh ass shit but wont sit his stoopid69 ligma ass down for Odell camera

this nigga a real ass clown n aint no one in the art shiet respect the possy ass

aint no banksy love

aint no brainwash love

this dood like kim kardashian he put out one good tape in his youth and then just think he a visionary

You’re regular banksy sucks and can’t paint

mareo

• Rep: -342
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2019, 05:32:42 AM »
Expand Quote
at what point do we admit that mark is kinda, sorta, totally, kookin it?
[close]

That point was when Super Champion Fun Zone came out. He ruined that shit.

Thank you.

Quote from: I sniff my own butthole all the time
2nd vote would be for PJ. sometimes it is a fine command of the english language to say nothing and he extended that to skating. PJ's plan B part is the emperor's new clothes.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 486
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2019, 05:44:38 AM »
I miss a gonz I never knew

He probably never existed

That Hawaii ramp transfer though.. the man still has it

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2019, 06:45:27 AM »
The fuck is wrong with some of y’all
:) I must have been tripping last night

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2019, 06:55:11 AM »
Gonz is a ruler and should be respected for his contribution to skateboarding. We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for him, he’s just a huge part of the skateboard puzzle...

On the other hand there is nothing wrong with admittig that the guy can be a bit ‘much’.

I like him but genuinely wonder if he just ‘acts’ or ‘is’ like that sometimes...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:20:16 AM by DISTANT RUMOURS »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1573
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2019, 07:11:13 AM »

He did stuff like this so in my book he's free to roam around the city in Supreme pajamas on how many longboards that he wants, obnoxious? Surely, but I can choose to remember clips such as this one instead, just like I'm not even going to watch the one in OP.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
  Wait, are you guys sure your not the douchebags and that he invented your whole shit?  Have fun being the you, you'd never be if it wasn't for original people like the Gonz giving you something to base your life around.
[close]
we’re not talking about blind gonz , 60/40 gonz or early real gonz . we are talking about supreme gonz the nyc artist who’s a kook & vacationing on long island gonz  . There’s nothing about the want to be andy warhol gonz i want to be .
[close]
   See now this is what Im afraid the 'net' has done to people.  ^This compartmentalization seems crazy to me.  He is one person- youve been given the memo.

I'm actually very much with you on that.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2019, 07:23:35 AM »
I grew up on the Gonz, and will back the dude forever.  Sure, I miss his afro & tshirt era when he fuckin' ripped, but if he wants to be 50, fartin' around doing his shitty art looking like a blown out hippy and has the money to do it, the dudes earnt it.  Good on him!  I still like his skating, as he's still pushing it by squeezing the boundaries around his age, ramping up the difficulty by riding fucked boards.  More power to the weird old cunt I reckon.  I do sometimes wonder if he plays up the sketchiness of his riding sometimes, and would like to see him just rip as hard as possible on a less difficult board, but i'm pretty sure half the reason is to hide that he can't skate as well anymore behind eccentricity. 

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2019, 08:04:06 AM »
When he finally lands that kickflip on bike at age 75 you all are gonna be salty
nobody says “rootin tootin” anymore to describe how gas the session was and it makes me sick

Black Frycook

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2019, 08:34:35 AM »

billyerlife

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2019, 09:36:09 AM »
It has long been established that the degree to which a skateboarder is enjoyable to watch is in no way correlated with the degree to which they are enjoyable to listen to. I get that these day in the life pieces are cringey, frankly every one I've ever seen if anybody has been tedious at best. Gonz is particularly contentious in this regard, and I understand the negativity.

Anyone arguing that Gonz is anything less than one of the greatest skateboarders of all time, one of the people who defined  street skating as we know it, however, or that he doesn't deserve his status as an actual legend, has precisely no idea what the fuck they are talking about.

jockboy

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2019, 12:57:56 PM »
Expand Quote

aint no banksy love

aint no brainwash love

[close]

You’re regular banksy sucks and can’t paint

ok.. wuddup nigga bitch

u think i dont kno this art shit lol

bro... this nigga gonz a new york dood, he been livin at the center of the international art market for mf decades and this clown aint never had a solo show at a mf zwirner, green naftali, mf bucholz gallery, he aint got work in no real institutionz

banksy aint even a painter nigga lmao, but yo ima put u on real quick... ill ass painters from back in the day... mf KARL OTTO GOETZ da mf teacher of SIGMAR POLKE, GERHARD RICHTER, GOTTHARD GRAUBNER... bruh really think I don't know my painters

MF Kondrak Klappeck ... KONRAD LEUG (KONRAD FISCHER)

This dood Mark in the J Cassanova lane, str9 fakin it

the nigga a fake n skateboard P ass niggasdon't even reallyze that

only niggas who fuck wit anigga art are poser ass ninas jonah hill and shiet

jockboy

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2019, 12:59:42 PM »
i aint mad at the shit he did at Abteiberg tho kinda fucked wtih the vision on that, sk8in by the Nauman cubes and shit, and str8 up the Hans Hollein building is fuckin smokin' hot 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2019, 05:52:27 PM »
I grew up on the Gonz, and will back the dude forever.  Sure, I miss his afro & tshirt era when he fuckin' ripped, but if he wants to be 50, fartin' around doing his shitty art looking like a blown out hippy and has the money to do it, the dudes earnt it.  Good on him!  I still like his skating, as he's still pushing it by squeezing the boundaries around his age, ramping up the difficulty by riding fucked boards.  More power to the weird old cunt I reckon.  I do sometimes wonder if he plays up the sketchiness of his riding sometimes, and would like to see him just rip as hard as possible on a less difficult board, but i'm pretty sure half the reason is to hide that he can't skate as well anymore behind eccentricity.
  Check out his channel.  Hes not riding "fucked" boards.    Those designs hes on now have concave with a bit of convex in the middle.  His evil beamer has that an so does that board hes got with the double pointed nose.  Hes riding longer shit and alot of people dont realize his 80s vision board had a 16.25 wheelbase.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:19:42 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Sammich

• Rep: 6
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2019, 03:51:53 AM »
I would like back early Krooked/late Real Gonz back. This designer clothes wearing Hampton Social having shit bums me out.

Thanks for putting together one of my favorite teams though.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2019, 04:11:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That point was when Super Champion Fun Zone came out. He ruined that shit.

nothing wrong with that video
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2019, 05:52:26 AM »

I kinda always thought this. I get hated on for it though as if everyone has to praise this guy. I just don't find his "quirkyness" funny man. Kinda the same situation with Nora. Sometimes it's just too much

antiwaxxer

• Rep: -6
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2019, 06:03:26 AM »
is the guy an acidhead burnt through by any chance? He acts like one of these and they act like bums, this is serious question.
He can't be this regular without being a drug victim my best bet.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2019, 06:07:12 AM »
incase anyone needs to cleanse their pallet after that hype beast video

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2019, 10:22:58 AM »
incase anyone needs to cleanse their pallet after that hype beast video

This is the best thing he's done since his Real to Reel part.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

• Rep: 31
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2019, 01:27:47 PM »
Nobody has ever said krooked has bad graphics, out of everybody on deluxe, krooked has by far the best graphics.

Obviously subjective but I'd say Antihero has the best graphics in the DLX camp. Gonz always had the best graphics from the first board he drew up to the 60/40 days but the new stuff looks a little too digital for my tastes. Gonz art looks best when it's simple with flat silkscreened colors.

I'll always back Gonz but I prefer it when skaters rip then fade into mysterious obscurity (Blender, Natas, Stranger, etc.).

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2019, 04:21:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  Check out his channel.  Hes not riding "fucked" boards.    Those designs hes on now have concave with a bit of convex in the middle.  His evil beamer has that an so does that board hes got with the double pointed nose.  Hes riding longer shit and alot of people dont realize his 80s vision board had a 16.25 wheelbase.

The two face circle board had a switchable wheelbase, long for vert, shorter for street, AND that board had the convex middle too. That was such a perfect board and it kills me they don’t remake them. If they did, I bet they don’t do the right concave.

I get his board stuff, and I do the same, as I get older shift the challenge so I’m not dissing him for that. Wish I got a beemer.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2019, 04:23:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Nobody has ever said krooked has bad graphics, out of everybody on deluxe, krooked has by far the best graphics.
[close]

Obviously subjective but I'd say Antihero has the best graphics in the DLX camp. Gonz always had the best graphics from the first board he drew up to the 60/40 days but the new stuff looks a little too digital for my tastes. Gonz art looks best when it's simple with flat silkscreened colors.

I'll always back Gonz but I prefer it when skaters rip then fade into mysterious obscurity (Blender, Natas, Stranger, etc.).

Yeah Blender kills it. His Heated Wheel / Polarizer shit is how you get old and still rip. The Heated Wheel video is a blast