Author Topic: Basque country - should I bring my board?  (Read 722 times)

truthislie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 56
Basque country - should I bring my board?
« on: June 30, 2019, 01:38:05 AM »
In a few days I m going to the basque country with my girlfriend for two weeks. We will visit Billbao, San Sebastian and we will surf for a week in Cap Breton. We have quite a lot of stuff to take so I m not sure if I should bring my board. I d only take it if I can skate some unique spots, wonīt bring it only for the skatepark.

Furthermore, any tips on what to do are very welcome!

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
Re: Basque country - should I bring my board?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 02:30:15 AM »
In a few days I m going to the basque country with my girlfriend for two weeks. We will visit Billbao, San Sebastian and we will surf for a week in Cap Breton. We have quite a lot of stuff to take so I m not sure if I should bring my board. I d only take it if I can skate some unique spots, wonīt bring it only for the skatepark.

Furthermore, any tips on what to do are very welcome!

Dude, of course bring your board. If you are not into skateparks there are lots of great street spots in San Sebastian and Bilbao. You might still want to check out Algorta, which is probably the most beautiful DIY skatepark I have ever been to. It is right by the beach so you can drop off your girl at the beach and enjoy the park.

Me and my buddy in la kantera, Algorta a long ass time ago:

some Bilbao spots in this:

some San Sebastian spots:

I always bring my board when I go on longer trips with my girlfriend. I love her, but sometimes I also love not spending time with her for a little bit. I usually go for a short one hour session while she does something else. She's gotten pissed at me before for being more interested in skating than exploring a place with her, but she's used to it now and I keep the sessions short and also do things with her to keep it balanced. I am jealous you get to go there. San Sebastian especially is super beautiful and the street spots, the food and the surf is superb!

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 05:09:06 AM »
If you are staying in Cap there are a couple of wee parks to cruise but nothing amazing. Also head to Hoss for surf if youre that close, worth it if you are looking for something beefy.

truthislie

• Rep: 56
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 06:18:50 AM »
Thank you! That first brick bank in San Sebastian (anybody knows the location?) already sealed the deal, I ll take my board  :)

I m not sure about going to Hossegor (at least not for waves), because Iīm not a very good surfer haha. I m going the day after tomorrow, canīt wait to go. If you have anymore tips, please share.