Author Topic: When will Thrasher's reign of copyright free soul/motown music ever end?  (Read 5793 times)

rapscallion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
The song from the Foy part kept reminding me of Basketball Jones, I was about to start singing about basketballs underneath my pillow

sn00p

• Rep: 25
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gcQCWGZp_fc

it’s ABD like ten years ago anyways.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Soul has no place in skateboarding.
[close]

Cool Ceith listens to M83, confirmed

[close]
;D My comment was a poor attempt at a play on words.

Say… some of my best friends listen to soul music!

But honestly, some recent edits are trying to shoehorn feel-good soul tunes when it frankly just doesn't fit the part—like the editor is trying to trick me into feeling like the part is a bright, happy breath of fresh air in this morass of stinky bad attitude videos. Sorry about it.

this aint fuckin pitchfork my guy....boogie down or beat it, but in all honesty i fux withchu my guy. laterz

Ocelot

it's actually painful how regular some people are here

Make a complaint about the over-saturation of royalty-free soul music on thrasher parts

"what you don't like black man music?"

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
It's boring if it's not punk

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 89
I think it’s a matter of taste... and trends too. Sometimes i feel like some music styles are overused in a period of time in skate videos, but i gotta be thankful for all the kinds of music skate videos introduced me to : punk, rap, soul, electronic music, obscure things or big pop songs...

As a teenager it helped me to open my mind for sure.

So yes you can be annoyed by the overuse of a music style, but there is a lot of diversity in skateboarding and i love that

Ocelot

I think it’s a matter of taste... and trends too. Sometimes i feel like some music styles are overused in a period of time in skate videos, but i gotta be thankful for all the kinds of music skate videos introduced me to : punk, rap, soul, electronic music, obscure things or big pop songs...

So yes you can be annoyed by the overuse of a music style, but there is a lot of diversity in skateboarding and i love that

I'm thankful to have learned what b-side soul music allows monetization on youtube

Truly has opened my mind to more diverse pastures

antiwaxxer

• Rep: -6
putting music on skate parts has ruined like 99.9% of the footage out there since the beginning.
But somehow people confidently keep doing this.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 89
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm thankful to have learned what b-side soul music allows monetization on youtube

Truly has opened my mind to more diverse pastures

Come on the problem is not the music in itself !

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
The music could be a lot worse. I wish there was this giant pool of good royalty free soul music out there to pick  from. I make about 4 video edits a month and most of my time is spent finding music rather than the edit itself. 
ableSkateMag.com

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
Ok, still waiting on you to make some amazing music to give to skate companies for them to use for free. Can I listen to some stems you have going?

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
To all the dj's, music lovers, and makers of skate edits out there crate digging hours on end for rare soul grooves... OP does not appreciate your efforts.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

SHIREFLIP

You don’t like that old time rock’n’roll?

Hoeboi

To all the dj's, music lovers, and makers of skate edits out there crate digging hours on end for rare soul grooves... OP does not appreciate your efforts.

has anyone skated to a techno song yet? like a real techno song, like wearing assless chaps on the dance floor and suddenly realizing someones cock is up your ass thrusting to the beat type techno.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
does anybody remember in the 2005-2008ish era and every was skating to The Meters?

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
What makes you think it was royalty free ?

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
It's just so generic.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
Out of all of the music complaints you could have (especially pertaining to skating clips) in this day and age...

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
Expand Quote
[close]

has anyone skated to a techno song yet? like a real techno song, like wearing assless chaps on the dance floor and suddenly realizing someones cock is up your ass thrusting to the beat type techno.
Jaws or the Theatrix video.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Expand Quote
[close]
It's just so generic.

It's on Thrasher's monetized page. YouTube is notoriously efficient at striking content already claimed by another entity.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Expand Quote
[close]

What clubs you been hitting Groucho? Sounds like a place I'd like to visit.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm afraid he's describing his unfinished basement here. You probably don't want to visit.

Larry Sportello

• Rep: 17
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 05:44:06 PM by Larry Sportello »

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal

Larry Sportello

• Rep: 17

Hoeboi

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm afraid he's describing his unfinished basement here. You probably don't want to visit.

i wish i had the berghain in my basement

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
It's just so generic.
[close]

It's on Thrasher's monetized page. YouTube is notoriously efficient at striking content already claimed by another entity.

So they must have paid some rights in order to be allowed to monetize it. Right ?

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
Expand Quote
[close]
It's just so generic.

You're so generic
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
It's just so generic.
[close]

[close]

So they must have paid some rights in order to be allowed to monetize it. Right ?

Was it a Thrasher produced piece or a NB# piece? If NB# was the backer for the project they probably had a bit more money to spend. So maybe NB# paid for music rights allowing thrasher to monetize, so thrasher is making double on this one.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i wish i had the berghain in my basement

I wonder if you would get guaranteed entry or would you still have to get past this guy:

Somehow I actually did get in Berghain 8 years ago when I was 21 with a group of international students. Then I almost got thrown out immediately when they were patting me down and shouting at me in German and I didn’t know what to do. Lol. Had an amazing time once I got in. Sven was not working the door that night though.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.