Author Topic: NFG MFG wheels  (Read 2520 times)

Starm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
NFG MFG wheels
« on: October 29, 2019, 11:07:39 AM »
Anyone on here had any experience with NFG wheels? I've been seeing them at the park and shop alot recently but 40 bucks is alot to drop on wheels. Heard they might be similar to F4s so that intrigues me.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1000
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: NFG MFG wheels
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 11:13:15 AM »
Anyone on here had any experience with NFG wheels? I've been seeing them at the park and shop alot recently but 40 bucks is alot to drop on wheels. Heard they might be similar to F4s so that intrigues me.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 12:11:56 PM »
Most F4s are 38.99 at a local shop. You really can't handle an increase of one dollar?
No.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 12:47:54 PM »
I’m not seeing much that makes me believe they are comparable to F4s, but I’d love for that to be true.

Edit: from their website, “NFG does not use traditional urethane wheel manufacturing methods and
are unlike any other wheel on the market.”

Also, their wheels are a 52D, which is something like a high 90s A as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 12:54:43 PM by FROTHY »

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 03:48:46 PM »
The owner responded to an email I sent him and said they were harder than F4s and more comparable to STFs.

7th Chamber

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 04:41:08 PM »
They aren't the same as f4s. My local got them in like a year ago, it looked like they drew the logo on with a ballpoint pen. They're brown as hell too.

Diocletian

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 09:46:46 PM »
Could have just asked the question in the F4 thread where these are currently being discussed...

I skated the loopholes which are these. They’re unnecessarily slippery and didn’t chirp much. Formula 4’s are better.

iskateventures

• Rep: -26
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 12:29:44 PM »
I am skating the 52d vee shape 58mm. These wheels are the fucking best for hauling ass down hills. I also found them to be fucking awesome at locking into coping as well. Nice long pinched grinds and super comfortable powerslides. I only tried them because i couldnt find the spitfires i like but I like the NFGs way more. one though that i noticed though is the graphic is awful quality it rubs off with the slightest but of pressure. I would much rather have  a good wheel over any graphic though.  have only had them for a week and i will come back to post any complaints i find if i do find any.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 12:42:21 PM »
My understanding was that they were like bones rather than spitfires. I heard that the founder of nfg worked at bones originally even. This is all hearsay though as I’ve never tried them but I’ve heard good things. I think if you’re wanting the feel of spitfires just stick with spitfires

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 02:52:23 PM »
My understanding was that they were like bones rather than spitfires. I heard that the founder of nfg worked at bones originally even. This is all hearsay though as I’ve never tried them but I’ve heard good things. I think if you’re wanting the feel of spitfires just stick with spitfires

From what I hear he used to work at spitfire, helped develop the F4, packed up and started his own shit. I’m riding the loophole 54 teardrop shape, I am more in control with my slides and they don’t chirp at all from I can tell, I don’t do too many blunts, lots of tail slides, I’ll be riding loophole or NFG from now on, I had a pair when he first started the QC was lacking, seems to have gotten all the quality issues worked out

If your hesitant to get a pair he sells factory seconds off his website for half the price, usually just cosmetic problems but yea, check them out I back them, which prolly isn’t saying much
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog