Author Topic: Adidas Suciu Review: A Post-Graduate Thematic Essay: PART ONE and TWO (UPDATED)  (Read 14995 times)

jamersonbass

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 70
i have sz 12 feet, will i look like a fucking goober wearing these jawns??/

I wear a 12 and I don't feel like they look overly big on foot.  As long as you're not rocking skinny jeans you should be fine. I'm really happy with how these shoes are wearing in after a few weeks.  Granted, I'm 31 and a gigging musician, so I don't "go hawrd", but spots I'm used to being wearing through by this point (ollie area, and collar from heeflips) are still intact.  Also, totally jinxing myself here, but I have yet to rip a lace.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I LOVE this shoe so far.

I've been skating Booz ADV's pretty much since they came out, and that's just about the perfect shoe for me (though I swap out nicer gel insoles). But I thought I'd try something new, and I'll probably skate the Suciu's for a bit now. I agree on the bulky-but-not-bulky feel, at least compared to the thinner shoes of today. But they still feel modern and responsive, not like when I've dug some old relics out of the closet for a sesh. The slightly thicker sole (sole/insole whatever) is wonderful for my old man feet, and feels similar to (but different from) the OG Booz. The toe is great, similar to the Booz ADV's but a little different. My feet feel super secure and locked-in, but not in a suffocating way. The only thing so far is that I should have walked around in them for a day or two before skating; the sole was a little stiff right out of the box and I had to work it a little bit to get rid of heel lift. But overall I love this shoe.

Strangely, it reminds me a bit of this old Nike SB shoe, the Regime:

Though that was almost ten years ago, so I imagine my memory's a bit fuzzy. Also, there was a lot of beer back then.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
The Regime was such a great shoe. I had a pair of the red/black ones for a minute.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
Expand Quote
i have sz 12 feet, will i look like a fucking goober wearing these jawns??/
[close]

I wear a 12 and I don't feel like they look overly big on foot.  As long as you're not rocking skinny jeans you should be fine. I'm really happy with how these shoes are wearing in after a few weeks.  Granted, I'm 31 and a gigging musician, so I don't "go hawrd", but spots I'm used to being wearing through by this point (ollie area, and collar from heeflips) are still intact.  Also, totally jinxing myself here, but I have yet to rip a lace.

thanks g

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
The Regime was such a great shoe. I had a pair of the red/black ones for a minute.

Just saw this dude skating some regime's yesterday... Funny.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
still can't get over the fact that dude put in all this work for a slap post...
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
hardly art, hardly starving

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ride Channel did a review for it, maybe their first shoe review?

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

clemsausage

• Rep: 23
  • Recordings of Boardings
    • Recordings of Boardings avatar image
just echoing what most everyones already said... heatbox for sure, I've always been a fan of the classic adidas-shifting-to-the-side-tounge and that isnt happening, also realized the glue for the booty seperates like you're peeling off a sticky note, insole takes about 3 more seconds than normal when putting on shoes in the morning to unbunch your sock when you slide your foot in. Biggest problem I've noticed so far is that my heel is not anchored at all when walking around, constantly slips out. Hopefully that changes when the insole gets more broken in and compresses a little. super psyched on how deep the tread is. always thought that was a downfall for adidas. that silas 2 style outsole was miserable, being a filmer and often not really changing shoes to film and dragging my foot a bunch that shit was toast in a few days.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
how does everyone find they fit? my shop hasnt gotten my size in yet and most staff are saying they fit big.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
how does everyone find they fit? my shop hasnt gotten my size in yet and most staff are saying they fit big.

Preface my post by saying this - in my opinion, asking about sizing is always subjective. Always best to go try shoes on.

With that said, I do think they are cut big. I wear a 10 in everything (Lakai, NB#, DVS, Huf, Nike), but went with a 9.5 in the Suciu and I'm glad I did. They fit me perfectly.

Adidas sizing is so odd to me. Mostly every shoe has fit me big with exception of the Buz Vulc and Silas SLR, which both fit true to size. I'll never buy Adidas online unless it's something I'm buying a 2nd pair of.

zippy z

In the Booze vulc I'm 10.5.
Booze ADV 10.
ZX ADV 10.
Suciu ADV 10.

They all fit the same but the arch is more pronounced in the ADV.

The suciu is definitely in need of some ventilation. Maybe mesh panels between the stripes on both sides would help?

I'm head over heels for the Suciu. At first it was a major volume change from the booze vulc and ADV. But I've gotten used to it. The grip and board feel or amazing.

Winner, winner. Chicken dinner.

clemsausage

after wearing mine for a few weeks I came across a pretty weird problem. The adiprene is tearing holes in my sock where my heel is. anyone else having this issue?

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
after wearing mine for a few weeks I came across a pretty weird problem. The adiprene is tearing holes in my sock where my heel is. anyone else having this issue?
Yeah, I went on a two week trip and wore a new pair of the sucius and pretty much every pair of socks I had would rip on my right heel. On the brightside the shoes lasted over two weeks of skating every day for hours

clemsausage

dude same, right heel only. are you regular?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Maybe you can glue some piece of fabric or a an old shirt to the top of it... i've done that in the past with a slippery insole and it worked quite well.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
yep, some days we'd go out to skate and by the time I was done warming up there'd be a hole in the heel already. I brought like 8 pairs of socks on that trip and ripped through all but 3 individual socks. But I got some new ones when I got home and skated the sucius for another week, maybe two weeks and didnt have any problems again. Still gonna buy another pair of sucius

deadpresidents

Expand Quote
[close]
yep, some days we'd go out to skate and by the time I was done warming up there'd be a hole in the heel already. I brought like 8 pairs of socks on that trip and ripped through all but 3 individual socks. But I got some new ones when I got home and skated the sucius for another week, maybe two weeks and didnt have any problems again. Still gonna buy another pair of sucius

Yeah I'm regular as well and although my socks aren't ripping, the heel lock leaves much desired. I tie them as tight as a possible and the heel lock is weird. Right shoe only. Otherwise great shoe.

drinny

• Rep: 22
Anyone had any success fitting the Adiprene in a different shoe shell? Cupsole preferably.

Worried the supply of ADV II is drying up now Verso didn’t lead to any re-stocks and foot pain won’t let me skate anything else lately... so thankful for dis shoe!

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 117
Anyone had any success fitting the Adiprene in a different shoe shell? Cupsole preferably.

Worried the supply of ADV II is drying up now Verso didn’t lead to any re-stocks and foot pain won’t let me skate anything else lately... so thankful for dis shoe!

I think I was able to run them in Vans models that used ultracush insoles if memory serves. Fingers crossed for another Suciu shoe, I don’t know why they pulled his pro model.

drinny

• Rep: 22
Expand Quote

[close]

I think I was able to run them in Vans models that used ultracush insoles if memory serves. Fingers crossed for another Suciu shoe, I don’t know why they pulled his pro model.

Thanks, yeah I can skate it in a Half-cab pro ok for a while, should be a dream combination but for some reason the pros seem far floppier than the classics (Vulcan and sidewalks and collar) and after a while it gets a bit sketch. So wondering if there are any more robust shoes with a full drop-in sole like that.